News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Conversely, some of us would like to know why you have this raging mad-on against left turn lanes.
It's not just every day joes like me that appreciate left turn lanes but also local residents, tourists, businesses (such as your local convenience store), delivery trucks and emergency personnel.
But maybe such a debate deserves its own thread.
Left turn lanes make traffic more dangerous, slower and, in the end, a lot less convenient. Traffic flow is greatly improved without it, so is safety (hence why most delivery companies forbid their drivers from making left turns).
It also spreads the traffic over perpendicular roads, which improve visibility for businesses in roads adjacent to the main corridor, that normally wouldn't be as visible.

This is not to mention the road space lost to these lanes that could be put to much better use, such as enlarging sidewalks, bike lanes, transit lane bypasses... I really don't understand the need for these lanes (nor does anyone that is not from North America, as far as I know...).

Emergency vehicles would, of course, be exempt of left turn restrictions, for obvious reasons, as it is on pretty much any other region of the world.

Bonjour Bakery has relocated to Whyte Ave and 99 St, next door to the CIBC.
Yelo’d has re-opened in Old Strathcona in a new location at the Dominion Hotel, 10324 82 Avenue.

Last edited:
I went to Duer in Vancouver (the clothing store started up in that city) and the manager said they are looking to open a store in Edmonton. They are looking for the right space on Whyte Ave as their preferred location, she said.

WHAT?! Where did you get this information? I haven't seen anything on their socials.

I received an email late yesterday afternoon

1679584540216.png

I went to Duer in Vancouver (the clothing store started up in that city) and the manager said they are looking to open a store in Edmonton. They are looking for the right space on Whyte Ave as their preferred location, she said.

There's plenty of room in the Southpark on Whyte building!

Amazing, love their jeans (and clothes in general) and had to settle for their Calgary store as the closest place to try clothes on. I hope this happens!

Back