Reaction score
Discussion History:
Claridge Moon [340 Queen St] | 84.4 m (x2) | 27 fl (x2) | U/C

Project Website:
https://claridgehomes.com/condo/Moon

Renders:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow, that intersection has changed since I was there two weeks ago! That is some fast work. I am impressed.

The lack of doors at grade is a huge negative for me (specifically at the SE corner). I understand they want a grocery store here which won't want to have doors everywhere, but it's going to kill any potential street activation.

As Relève rises, I've actually begun to appreciate this one, simply because of the contrast. I love variety in a sense area, and these two projects are at complete odds with each other. The ultra square next to the ultra curvy.

Its kind of annoying that the landscaping is none existent compared to the rendering. That little touch would have made a big difference for me.

Yeah, it's quite bare along Slater. Hopefully, there's something more coming in the spring.

At least Claridge added some much needed lighting to Ottawa's dark skyline. It won't be a match for what Releve and Renaissance has coming up for lighting, but it's something for now. Thanks to Harley's continued advertisement of Skyrise Ottawa, I signed up so I can post pics with ease now!
IMG_4350.jpg
IMG_4353.jpg

Neat, looks good. Is it bright enough in person to bother people staying at the Delta across the street?

At least Claridge added some much needed lighting to Ottawa's dark skyline. It won't be a match for what Releve and Renaissance has coming up for lighting, but it's something for now. Thanks to Harley's continued advertisement of Skyrise Ottawa, I signed up so I can post pics with ease now!
View attachment 544130View attachment 544132
Skyrise is much easier for picture uploads and a database!! So I'm happy with it. Only wish a few things transitioned from SSP but they'll upgrade as we suggest things I hope.

As for what you're saying, I agree Moon helps more than it hinders. Adds some much needed lighting plus some nice contrast to 400 Albert's 3 towers. It compliments that project well, which is important for our CBD. Here's hoping we can see more projects like this or 400 Albert (with the Renaissance height or a bit higher) in those last lots that would be available for redevelopment.

Skyrise is much easier for picture uploads and a database!! So I'm happy with it. Only wish a few things transitioned from SSP but they'll upgrade as we suggest things I hope.

As for what you're saying, I agree Moon helps more than it hinders. Adds some much needed lighting plus some nice contrast to 400 Albert's 3 towers. It compliments that project well, which is important for our CBD. Here's hoping we can see more projects like this or 400 Albert (with the Renaissance height or a bit higher) in those last lots that would be available for redevelopment.
Well said. My hope is that Minto does something great with their property at Slater & Lyon. They could even go taller than the Renaissance and give us their usual quality build.

Wow, I like that lighting feature. Ottawa's skyline is so boring and dark. Light helps keep the city feel safer, brighter, more alive... More of this please!

I didn't even realize buildings could have lighting like this in Ottawa. I thought the NCC restricted it. Maybe they can add lighting like this if they are outside of the restricted view planes. 🧐

Back