News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

the PATH does run through Union Station, and it is therefore connected to the PATH, albeit trough a short outdoor jog across the Union Station moat.

16036-53966.jpg

PATH map at Yonge-Bloor in The One proposal.

Attachments

• 16036-53966.jpg
    16036-53966.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1,535
Are these concourses considered part of the actual PATH system, or are they just below-grade shopping areas and tunnels? Is there some "official" designation for such areas to make them part of PATH? The existing concourses don't show up on the city's PATH maps, which made me wonder if the property owners have to do something to be "officially" part of PATH.

Mizrahi is clearly marketing The One as part of the PATH, which makes me believe that even if it is not part of the PATH today, the intention is to designate these tunnels and underground retail as the PATH in the future.

Mizrahi should purchase the buildings to the west of The One so that it can have a western connection too.

Mizrahi should purchase the buildings to the west of The One so that it can have a western connection too.

I can only imagine attempts have been made, and are still being made. But it appears that the connections under the ONE have been designed in such a way that any future development immediately to the west can easily be connected underground to the ONE (and that developer can pay for the link under Balmuto, presumably the same way Mizrahi is paying for the links under Bloor).

PATH.png

Is this the spot where the new Union Station pedestrian tunnel will join the main PATH when its punched through? Pic shot in Sun Life Ctr. concourse just east of St. Andrew station.

Attachments

• PATH.png
    PATH.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,314
Is this the spot where the new Union Station pedestrian tunnel will join the main PATH when its punched through? Pic shot in Sun Life Ctr. concourse just east of St. Andrew station.
No, that would be further south just north of Wellington.

There is a connection further south under York Street, but phase 2 won't even go as far as the link between 145 King West and the Standard Life Centre. The next extension will connect the HSBC building at 70 York with the TD West Tower at 100 Wellington, across the street from each other, but not connected under York yet. You can check it out on the official PATH map.

Does anyone know if the two new condos on balmuto were built with potential for path from Manulife or from the north? Seems like a glaring mistake if they can't be eventually connected in...

I don't believe Cryatal Blu has a connection and I know that the Uptown doesn't. There is no retail in the Uptown.

These images come from the Lower Yonge Precinct and 1-Yonge presentations.

PATH connections through 1-Yonge is planned with connections to multiple atriums, offices and a new community centre. There appears to be a second floor PATH connection as well.

PATH.png
PATH2.png

Attachments

• PATH.png
    PATH.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 988
  • PATH2.png
    PATH2.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 985

Back