News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

As we have learned from our southern friends, truth will conquer all. Try citing websites you are not part of. Maybe then some of us might come on side.

You can believe what you want to believe, but the reality is that yet another million dollar government report, the ASA report, stated that new aviation capacity will be needed.( page 18)
Building pickering airport can only be delayed if billions are spent elsewhere, and that spending is not efficient ( page 223)

The ASA study shows both a viable business case for private investment and suggests that it is prudent to break–ground on a new utility airport in 2026. (Part four of the report, “Revenue Generation and Economic Impact Report”). See page 334.

if you wish instead to see what you want to see and believe a lobby group and an MP trying to spin the facts for Political and economic gain, go ahead.

I get to see with my own eyes, everyday that we need a new. Utility airport in the eastern GTA. BothButtonville and oshawa september movement numbers are above Their 2019 level ( according to Steven Wilcox Oshawa's airport manger).

oshawa airport is now removing one of the flight schools( Canadian Flight academy) to reduce congestion and noise As we wait for Pickering to open.

here is a picture I took a couple days ago in Oshawa, number 6 for departure.

95C6E4C9-FE83-4D14-A842-8C0ECA196648.jpeg

You can believe what you want to believe, but the reality is that yet another million dollar government report, the ASA report, stated that new aviation capacity will be needed.( page 18)
Building pickering airport can only be delayed if billions are spent elsewhere, and that spending is not efficient ( page 223)

The ASA study shows both a viable business case for private investment and suggests that it is prudent to break–ground on a new utility airport in 2026. (Part four of the report, “Revenue Generation and Economic Impact Report”). See page 334.

if you wish instead to see what you want to see and believe a lobby group and an MP trying to spin the facts for Political and economic gain, go ahead.

I get to see with my own eyes, everyday that we need a new. Utility airport in the eastern GTA. BothButtonville and oshawa september movement numbers are above Their 2019 level ( according to Steven Wilcox Oshawa's airport manger).

oshawa airport is now removing one of the flight schools( Canadian Flight academy) to reduce congestion and noise As we wait for Pickering to open.

here is a picture I took a couple days ago in Oshawa, number 6 for departure.

View attachment 281565

You have stated that this was to reduce congestion at Pearson. Now it is not? Grasping at straws much?

You have stated that this was to reduce congestion at Pearson. Now it is not? Grasping at straws much?
Building a utility airport first is what the ASA suggests, and then expand it as needed. That will leverage private investment. That was the original plan I advocated for as a volunteer back in 2011 with the Not for profit Airpark crew. I have mentioned that multiple times in this thread.
I understand your confusion over passenger capacity, versus airport capacity, public versus Private etc, local accessible vs distant and unusable. it is the same confusion expressed by the anti airport lobbyists and the MP in question.

Building a utility airport first is what the ASA suggests, and then expand it as needed. That will leverage private investment. That was the original plan I advocated for as a volunteer back in 2011 with the Not for profit Airpark crew. I have mentioned that multiple times in this thread.
I understand your confusion over passenger capacity, versus airport capacity, public versus Private etc, local accessible vs distant and unusable. it is the same confusion expressed by the anti airport lobbyists and the MP in question.

Then collect everyone's personal money and build it. I cannot agree to my taxes going to a private small airport that regular citizens are not able to fly in and out of. Would you support the government spending your tax dollars on a private use racetrack?

Then collect everyone's personal money and build it. I cannot agree to my taxes going to a private small airport that regular citizens are not able to fly in and out of. Would you support the government spending your tax dollars on a private use racetrack?

precisely! Thankyou for your support!

Not only will the new airport be built utilizing private funding, it will save the taxpayers millions By:

- covering the $70 million in Seaton development levies being used right now by the region to built water and sewage as mentioned previously( see cross the line post)

- save billions in federal tax dollars that Waterloo/ Hamilton airports would require to cover the Mirabel style build out of passenger services hours away from where it is needed.

- eventually generate hundreds of millions a year in tax revenue.

precisely! Thankyou for your support!

Not only will the new airport be built utilizing private funding
[...]
- save billions in federal tax dollars that Waterloo/ Hamilton airports would require to cover the Mirabel style build out of passenger services hours away from where it is needed.

Do you have a source about funding commitments? Chances are, no matter what, this airport will need some government funding as the cost of an international airport is quite high and I don't think I've ever heard of the -construction- of a major airport being entirely privately funded (although there are many private-run major airports).

On the other point, I'll honestly admit there is a better accessibility case for proposed Pickering Airport than Hamilton. Pickering could be more easily served by the tangle of highways around it and that "missing link" rail or some other rail line, not to mention it's closer to Toronto anyways.

What? It's closing? Aww, I used to go to CFA when i was younger to book familiarization flights :( I only went like 3 times but it was fun. I planned to get my PPL here when I'm older/finished school but I guess not ;/

Do you have a source about funding commitments? Chances are, no matter what, this airport will need some government funding as the cost of an international airport is quite high and I don't think I've ever heard of the -construction- of a major airport being entirely privately funded (although there are many private-run major airports).

On the other point, I'll honestly admit there is a better accessibility case for proposed Pickering Airport than Hamilton. Pickering could be more easily served by the tangle of highways around it and that "missing link" rail or some other rail line, not to mention it's closer to Toronto anyways.

What? It's closing? Aww, I used to go to CFA when i was younger to book familiarization flights :( I only went like 3 times but it was fun. I planned to get my PPL here when I'm older/finished school but I guess not ;/

The ASA report ( done by KPMG ) has a 130 page business case with an 8% IRR. unfortunately Much of it is redacted, apparently so as to not bias an RFP. ( the next step).
Even the mayor of Pickering dosnt have a clean copy.
But 8% should be more than enough to fund the airport privately, the next step is do an RFP and let free enterprise judge.

And yes, Sad that businesses have to be culled Just to keep the airport decongested enough to be safe and to keep the local residents sane. That’s 70 jobs, hundreds of students, and millions in economic activity.

One of Oshawa’s problems is that there are 14,000 homes within a 2 km radius of the airport. In contrast, Pickering will be surrounded by a Green belt noise buffer and an economic zone.

For those that would like a status update on our favorite airport, now called Canadas first intentionally designed Aerotropolis.

For those that would like a status update on our favorite airport, now called Canadas first intentionally designed Aerotropolis.

So, with the mess of the air travel industry, you still think this project needs to go ahead?

So, with the mess of the air travel industry, you still think this project needs to go ahead?
It is a utility/industrial airport, initially it will have nothing to do with passenger travel. That is a misdirection point used by opposing interests.

Given that utility aviation is spiking and that oshawa is culling airport businesses, and Buttonvilles hangars are full, it’s a 100% needed.

Long term Passenger service can be added as/ when needed.

It is a utility/industrial airport, initially it will have nothing to do with passenger travel. That is a misdirection point used by opposing interests.

Given that utility aviation is spiking and that oshawa is culling airport businesses, and Buttonvilles hangars are full, it’s a 100% needed.

Long term Passenger service can be added as/ when needed.
What is a utility/industrial airport mean? Why could those aircraft not use the other airports, like Hamilton or Waterloo?

bruh why does this keep getting revived from the dead every few months with random speculative articles?

!Remindme in 2077 when official documents for a serious Pickering Airport proposal appears :D

bruh why does this keep getting revived from the dead every few months with random speculative articles?

!Remindme in 2077 when official documents for a serious Pickering Airport proposal appears :D
Maybe because it is literally being built? Shall I start a new forum, maybe call it Canada’s new aerotropolis? The aerotropolis around the airport is being built conforming to the PASZR. Water and sewer is being built, the innovation corridor has its first build.
While expected to be completed with private money, it has the full support of the province and local city governments. The feds are trying thier best to delay the actual airport itself until a politically opportune moment, but you can not deny that Canada’s first aerotropolis is under construction.

Last edited:
What is a utility/industrial airport mean? Why could those aircraft not use the other airports, like Hamilton or Waterloo?
Hamilton and Waterloo are both good examples of utility airports. Both provide local accessible aviation capacity in support of thier city’s economic activity.

Waterloo was Canada’s busiest airport in the last quarter of 2020, they hit 13,000 plus movements in November. Oshawa ( a mix of GA, flight training and utility operators) was not far behind.
Oshawas limitations, along with Buttonvilles potential closure ( 2030 ish) is why new local aviation capacity is now urgently needed.

and no, expecting an airport two hours drive away to fulfill the same role does not work.

Back