News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Judges are just people as infallible as you or I; however, I think it worth repeating that the Judiciary is one of the three branches of our government system. If anything I feel judicial overreach if it exists is often a product of vacuums created by gutless Executive and Legislative decision-makers. Trudeau (because he is the subject of the thread not because he is the only one) is an example of this

Someone introducing a kettle to a pot is a way of highlighting hypocritical statements made.

Really. I'm a university drop out, but they taught us this much at least. ;)

Telling someone they are partisan and complaining about entitlements while claiming entitlements and making partisan jabs is hypocritical.

My simple claim to entitlements ran out long before I made my claim. You know, because I spend most of my working days actually working and paying into the measly employment insurance I took advantage of being eligible for, once in my life.

Don't question my value to society. It's a lot more than a Liberal sycophants could ever be.

I saw a term used recently to describe the NDP-CPC tag teaming that is way too common....the CONDP.

Ha!

Lol our GG seems like a rather bad and mean person who should resign.

I am sure there are people who love that job and be proud to do it.

I couldn't make up my mind where to stick this..............its not political news; its sorta Covid-related...............its about Canada.

I don't to give its own thread...........so lets try here:

For the first time in anyone's memory, Canada is getting new Hollywood releases ahead of the U.S.

This appears to be the result of a shortage of screens in the U.S. market; and I surmise (without proof) that distributors will using modelling off the Canadian releases to figure out what to try to squeeze in south of the border. (ie if it opens strong here, something will get more of the limited U.S. space available. and vice versa)

https://globalnews.ca/news/7268176/justin-trudeau-vacation-summer-sitting-house-of-commons/amp/

I’m interested in someone explaining to me what at all is attractive about Trudeau as a political leader?

I give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows he’s not that intelligent or capable or effective at communication and so defers heavily to more capable ministers.

I suspect he also may be kind of nasty behind the scenes and that can be an effective leadership quality ( see Harper, Chretien etc.)

I also agree he’s kind of hot and I say that as a heterosexual man.

What else?

The BQ wants to force an election. Just a few problems with toppling Trudeau:

-The NDP is broke
-The Greens have no leader
-The CPC has no leader
-Blanchet is getting me too'ed

The BQ wants to force an election. Just a few problems with toppling Trudeau:

-The NDP is broke
-The Greens have no leader
-The CPC has no leader
-Blanchet is getting me too'ed

The NDP will be broke for many years to come. What they should have done is created something along the lines of the Laurier Club to raise money. Call it the Layton Club and have paid fundraisers etc.

The Greens will never have a chance even if there is an election.

The CPC will have a leader by the time the BQ would call an election as their first opportunity would be October.

Suspicious...

Canada’s minister of foreign affairs has promised to review Ottawa’s purchasing of security equipment as details emerge of five contracts awarded to a controversial high-tech company that is connected to the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party.
At the time, I reported that Nuctech had won because it made the lowest bid: $6.8 million. Yet it turns out even that fig leaf of a defence has been blown away.

Kham Lin of Calgary-based KPrime Technologies said his company offered to supply the scanners for $5.4 million. He said that even if the Nuctech bid included shipping and installation, KPrime would still have been able to offer a more competitive price.

FYI, plenty of controversies in other countries...

Back