News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I actually thought about how the guardian function resembled that of the SCC - but at a fundamental level it should also be separate. Perhaps ex-SCC justices can serve as the pool, and the choice could (should) be random out of that pool? Way above my paygrade.

AoD
Oh hell, I was just getting ready to nominate you! :->

Oh hell, I was just getting ready to nominate you! :->

Har har. Actually that just reminded me of something else - one of the most important restriction over the powers of head of state should be the exclusion/disqualification of anyone who actively seeks that position.

AoD

Yep! Though I can understand *why*. Imagine having your own cook, chauffeur, etc! The public side of it (state dinners, diplomatic travels) sounds awfully tedious though.

AoD

LOL, @PinkLucy can cook!

Its funny, looking at that ......I would never want a chauffeur, nor a chef.............though, personal bread baker does have a nice ring to it.......

"I'll take a sundried tomato and roasted garlic-rosemary Foccaccia please."

I just thought it would be a good way to be involved in politics without being a politician. And you get a nice house. 😎

Jonny5 said:
In any case, expect this to be the big story of the day for whatever reason.

For whatever reason?
I stand corrected. CP24 Live at 5 led with a car accident tonight. Nature is healing.

Last edited:
As 'Canadian News' I'll stick this here............

When BC increases its minimum wage to $15.20 this June, it will also eliminate the second-tier status of liquor servers, merging them into the general minimum wage.

BC already has one minimum wage irrespective of age.

While $15.20 remains too low in my opinion its still a positive step, and reflects far more progressive policy than what we have here in Ontario.

I just thought it would be a good way to be involved in politics without being a politician. And you get a nice house. 😎

Two actually; part of La Citedelle in Quebec City is a vice-regal residence (apparently M Payette preferred that one). A little busier, being the headquarters of R22R, noon gun and all that, but nice and close to Olde Quebec.

Two actually; part of La Citedelle in Quebec City is a vice-regal residence (apparently M Payette preferred that one). A little busier, being the headquarters of R22R, noon gun and all that, but nice and close to Olde Quebec.
I lived near Fort York for a few years. I’m ok with the guns.

I can't see there being an election unless the LPC force one (budget too much of a bitter pill for NDP to swallow).

I can't see there being an election unless the LPC force one (budget too much of a bitter pill for NDP to swallow).

The NDP have already said they won't trigger an election during the pandemic, which commits them to supporting this budget.

My understanding is that the Libs are aiming for an October election, providing vaccination efforts go well and normalcy begins to return.

Call would likely be made late July/early August.

Of course......that's just hearsay.......

As such, it could be totally wrong.......

The Feds are determined not to miss our population growth/immigration targets.

If you can't get people in from abroad.............just give status to those that are here!

Permanent residence being offered to up to 90,000 graduates of Canadian education programs as well as Foreign Temporary workers on a one-time basis.

Takes effect May 5th, runs to Nov 5th.

Back