News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Except my people. When was the last time English people rose up as a group? We have no community, I have no connection with other English in Canada. Over one million of us emigrated to Canada between 1945 and the 1970s, but I wouldn’t even know how to find them - we are the invisible - we just arrived and got to work. Old country be damned.

Last edited:
All food banks need to do this. international students are misusing food banks all over the country, bleeding them dry. If the students don't have money for food, let the diploma mills feed them. They make enough millions to cover the cost.

Some videos on YouTube and other platforms have also even publicly encouraged international students to use food banks as a way to "get free food in Canada."

All food banks need to do this. international students are misusing food banks all over the country, bleeding them dry. If the students don't have money for food, let the diploma mills feed them. They make enough millions to cover the cost.

Some videos on YouTube and other platforms have also even publicly encouraged international students to use food banks as a way to "get free food in Canada."

The thing is there is a $10000 requirement to prove you can support yourself in Canada. This needs to be raised to $50000 or even $75000

Many years ago when that requirement was put in place, $10000.00 was doable but now it is not. Realistically you need $50000.00 or $75000.00 annually to survive and this should be a requirement.

The students are being told to go the food banks. They're more naive than leaches.

Except my people. When was the last time English people rose up as a group? We have no community, I have no connection with other English in Canada. Over one million of us emigrated to Canada between 1945 and the 1970s, but I wouldn’t even know how to find them - we are the invisible - we just arrived and got to work. Old country be damned.

We lack the soccer rivalries. ;)

The thing is there is a $10000 requirement to prove you can support yourself in Canada. This needs to be raised to $50000 or even $75000

Many years ago when that requirement was put in place, $10000.00 was doable but now it is not. Realistically you need $50000.00 or $75000.00 annually to survive and this should be a requirement.

1) There's lots of soft fraud here. People just get money from a friend. Show their bank statement. And then send the money back.

2) Most of those moving here don't have any intention to abuse the system. They'll simply work and fund their way through. There's always a few though.

The students are being told to go the food banks. They're more naive than leaches.

No. They are leeches. They know it's wrong. Believe me. Some of videos even tell them to go and lie and say they are poor. This is what happens with people who think scamming is just fine come to a high trust society.

It's amazing how scamming is ingrained into the Indian culture.

I don't think it's ingrained into the culture. At least not with the Indian family and friends I have.

But, unfortunately, when you move people from a low trust to high trust society, character gets revealed. People that are honest, remain so. People that are crooks and scammers, become unfettered.

1) There's lots of soft fraud here. People just get money from a friend. Show their bank statement. And then send the money back.

2) Most of those moving here don't have any intention to abuse the system. They'll simply work and fund their way through. There's always a few though.

No. They are leeches. They know it's wrong. Believe me. Some of videos even tell them to go and lie and say they are poor. This is what happens with people who think scamming is just fine come to a high trust society.
A friend's brother recently came to Canada on a student visa. He was working full-time and using the foodbank. He also bought $1000 Beyonce tickets. So leech, yes.

A friend's brother recently came to Canada on a student visa. He was working full-time and using the foodbank. He also bought $1000 Beyonce tickets. So leech, yes.

You should tell your friend that it's wrong that his brother is using the food bank. The only thing that stops these people is shame (another big part of Indian culture). He is bragging about his brother using the food back because he thinks it makes his brother look smart. Shame him and he'll never brag about it again. You don't even have to be very direct about it. "It's so wrong when people abuse the food bank. It's so sad for really poor people."

I'll tell you a personal story. When I was a kid in Grade 2, I once lied to the lunch lady. It wasn't a big deal. My mom had given me a juice box and it didn't have a straw. I lied and told the lunch lady that I had purchased the juice box from her. She gave me a straw. On the way home from school, I bragged to my dad about how I had outwitted the lunch lady. The next day, my father showed up at school and made me apologize to the lunch lady in front of the whole class for lying. My dad didn't care that it was a straw. He cared that I was learning the wrong values. And he knew shame in front of my peers would correct me quick.

You should tell your friend that it's wrong that his brother is using the food bank. The only thing that stops these people is shame (another big part of Indian culture). He is bragging about his brother using the food back because he thinks it makes his brother look smart. Shame him and he'll never brag about it again. You don't even have to be very direct about it. "It's so wrong when people abuse the food bank. It's so sad for really poor people."
When we discussed it, we both agreed that it was wrong. The brother doesn't listen to my friend about anything. He was definitely not bragging about it, more sharing something outrageous his brother was doing.

When we discussed it, we both agreed that it was wrong. The brother doesn't listen to my friend about anything. He was definitely not bragging about it, more sharing something outrageous his brother was doing.

That's good to hear. It must be hard for your friend to deal with his brother's poor behaviour.

Employers wouldn’t need to worry about Canadian experience if the Feds and their quota-driven embassies vetted candidates and issued equivalency certificates/credentials before acceptance.

Paywall free: https://archive.is/yPKmL

If you’re trained as a nurse in India and, for example Manitoba needs nurses, the embassy should be able to run the exact same equivalency testing for the Manitoba college of nurses. And if our candidate passes, the embassy then works with the government of Manitoba to accredit and hire our new nurse (before they depart) and help them settle. That’s how you avoid employers worrying about Canadian experience, and how you seamlessly bring people over - linking people with accredited skills and jobs before they come.

Last edited:

The Han Dong saga continues to be interesting. I’m curious why he still hasn’t been left back into caucus.

I think it’s possible that Dong’s decision to visit the Chinese Embassy without the permission of the PMO could be a factor.

Justin Trudeau is a problem for his party — and even if he quits, it might not save the Liberals, poll suggests​

As the Liberals continue to slump under Trudeau, a pollster says it appears that “too many people are just finished with him,” Susan Delacourt writes.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/po...9cc6bd56.html?li_source=LI&li_medium=politics

It’s fascinating how many articles posted this week by The Star about the Liberals sagging at the polls.

Back