News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

What should be on the NDP's mind now that their candidate came a distant third?

Maybe Singh should join him.
Singh doesn't qualify for his MP pension until next February. Any MP who was elected in the October 21, 2019 election needs to hold on to their seat until October 20, 2025 to qualify for their pension. I suspect there will be no election before that date, and Singh is not going to resign either.

Singh doesn't qualify for his MP pension until next February. Any MP who was elected in the October 21, 2019 election needs to hold on to their seat until October 20, 2025 to qualify for their pension. I suspect there will be no election before that date, and Singh is not going to resign either.

At that point we will be looking at a sizeable majority for the PCs.

If I were the LPC or NDP I would be looking for prospective leadership candidates now as the next election will decimate them either way.

If I were the LPC or NDP I would be looking for prospective leadership candidates now as the next election will decimate them either way.
The Conservative Party of Canada has stopped being the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada very long ago, there are not many progressive values left in the populism filled party of today...

Not if Doug Ford beats the CPCs to the election box. Statistically Ontarians almost never vote the same way provincially and federally. Ford knows this too, which is why he's setting up to call an election before Poilievre spoils the OPC's chances. The CPC victory in St. Pauls Toronto will have Ford's inner circle calling for a snap election before the CPCs get any further inroads in Ontario. A Poilievre majority in Ottawa is a death blow for Ford and a hurrah for Crombie.

There is talk about the Liberals moving to far left. Carbon taxes and even capital gains taxes, when they should have focused on cutting spending. It makes them look like tax and spend Liberals.

Trudeau has to go. What is in it for him anyway? You have been Prime Minister for nine years, and people want change. He will likely make more money out of politics then in it, he could spend more time with his family, and he would leave politics having won three elections.

Everyone has a best before date, and he is well passed his date.

The writing is on the wall.

Support for Trudeau nears ‘rock bottom’ as 68% want him to step down: Ipsos​

As the House of Commons prepares to break for the summer, a majority of Canadians say Justin Trudeau should no longer be prime minister when MPs return in the fall, a new poll suggests.

The Conservatives don't want Justin Trudeau to leave, because if he stays then they are guaranteed a super majority. The Liberals are facing an election wipeout loss of epic proportions under Justin Trudeau.

People hate his leadership right now and want change. People are sick of him, even Liberals.

For the Liberals doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

After nine years of being Pime Minister, it is time to move on.

Be careful what you wish for.

When the pendulum swings to the right, things may not be as peachy keen as people think. All that outrage against the LPC will only lead to another Harper style situation in Ottawa.

Yes life is unaffordable now but how do you expect the CPC to resolve that? They will lower taxes and cut services they think are not needed because of the limited revenue.

It is great that people want lower taxes but you can't have them and still keep things like Pharmacare or put more money into your pockets.
I think if we had a more proportional electoral system, our politics wouldn't be quite so ditch to ditch and we would have more stable policy regime (for good and ill, I guess).

The Liberals lost the by-election because people are tired of Justin Trudeau, and they don't think the Liberal policies will help them.

Nine years is a lot for a Prime Minister to be in office. Nine years in office in the middle of an affordability crisis, is ten times worst.

You have to know when it is your time to go. Let someone like Melanie Joly or Mark Carney take the reins and set their own agenda.

The Liberals best hope is for a new leader to hold the Conservatives to a minority government. For that to happen Justin Trudeau has to go.

One policy change would be to get rid of the carbon tax.

The problem with the carbon tax is that it is visible. People see it every day.

Last edited:
The Liberals lost the by-election because people are tired of Justin Trudeau, and they don't think the Liberal policies will help them.

Nine years is a lot for a Prime Minister to be in office. Nine years in office in the middle of an affordability crisis, is ten times worst.

You have to know when it is your time to go. Let someone like Melanie Joly or Mark Carney take the reins and set their own agenda.

The Liberals best hope is for a new leader to hold the Conservatives to a minority government. For that to happen Justin Trudeau has to go.
I'm not so sure that a new leader would do all that much in the time they have. The entire front bench as well as the party mechanism has been drinking the same Kool-Aid as the PM for a long time and it seems they view their polling problem is either a problem of communications or simply it's just us - we need to be made to see that they are the truth and the light. There is a lot of their core policy that the electorate simply doesn't like and I'm not sure a new leader and team, certainly one from the outside like Carney, would have the time to turn the ship around.

Back