News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Is cutting back on student and TFW numbers to 2015 levels that hard? None of this is rocket science. Given multi-year work permits to students completing 1 yr at a strip mall college was also a terrible idea. Very easy for any government to stop.

And for all the talk about being beholden to big business, how come nobody sees the LPC as being similarly obligated, when their policies benefit big business almost exclusively, when it comes to immigration. The UN even compares our current TFW program to modern slavery.

What we need is a UK style immigration system.
I can see some value in that. But I can also see how easily that can be gamed. Just like LMIA today. These people will pay "consultants" the wages they need to qualify. Consultant will arrange some employer to pay them the wages they need.

I want to see the minimum education requirement changed to two academic years for college and undergraduate and 1 yr for postgraduate. This would eliminate a lot of the sham programs. Then add in a whitelist of fields of employment and study which get work permits. And lastly the UK style requirement of higher than average wages. This way we get more of the workers we need in fields like healthcare, construction, etc. And fewer Tim Hortons workers. And the layering of requirements is what will drastically reduce fraud.

Is cutting back on student and TFW numbers to 2015 levels that hard? None of this is rocket science. Given multi-year work permits to students completing 1 yr at a strip mall college was also a terrible idea. Very easy for any government to stop.

And for all the talk about being beholden to big business, how come nobody sees the LPC as being similarly obligated, when their policies benefit big business almost exclusively, when it comes to immigration. The UN even compares our current TFW program to modern slavery.

Yes, liberals are also beholden to big business. And yes, I think the current situation shows how hard the problem is to solve given it's the primary reason for their bad poll numbers, yet only minor changes are being made

Back