News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Fully agree.
There are actually very few truly homeless people. Those sleeping on the sidewalk are almost invariably white males. I suspect there are facilities and treatment options, but substance or mental health issues mean they are unwilling to use those facilities. Its more about enforcement. Further on resources, public sector employees have job security, pensions (Pensions!) and salaries above comparable private sector jobs. Maybe we need to do more with what we have. Probably a good job for university students who took easy Grievance courses in Humanities instead of STEM?

I want a government that adequately funds and supports our military and other security infrasturcture to protect our national physical,social and economic integrity and sovereignty. Since none do, and treat such funding as discretionary, I stand to be perennially disappointed. 'We can't find [insert favourite program here] because we have to buy 'x' for the military, said no Canadian politician ever.

Perhaps some day Picard will become a tax-payer rather than a tax-taker. He's certainly very generous with other people's hard earned money.

I pay taxes you donkey. Are you senile or just purposely making up nonsense to deflect from the point?

I pay taxes you donkey. Are you senile or just purposely making up nonsense to deflect from the point?
You made a point? I must have missed it.
No way you have a job. You not fooling anyone.
Put the dishes in the dishwasher, Mum's going to be home soon.

And don't call me donkey again Picard, I warn you.

Which means what? He made them more honest and stopped pawing sand over his fiscal dirt...? And WHAT "change" to the rules were made? Anyone could make that bald assertion.
I think you missed the point. The rule change (related to depreciation rates - if you really want, I think the reference in provided in a note on 1 of the tables) was not part of the argument at all. It just explains why when you look at the number, the deficit appears to have gone up by ~$90B under Trudeau - but ~$20B of that was due to the one time hit from the rule change. Thus, I compared Harper from start to finish on the same set of rules, and then use the same Trudeau set of rules to compare him.
Which didn't affect Canada as deeply as the US because Paul Martin generally refused permission to Canadian banks to relax the lending criteria like US banks did, meaning A) far fewer foreclosures and B) no banks requiring bailouts or the defaults that plagued American homeowners and retirees... again, thanks the the fiscal responsibility of NOT Tories...
I think you meant to say due to Harper cutting GST by 2% and putting more money into citizens pockets, and his policies during the recession (home renovation tax credit is one example).
The headline of the article you linked: "For First Time in 2 Years, Canada’s Quarterly GDP Growth Beats U.S.". Thus, by Canada under Trudeau beating the USA one quarter in 2 years (i.e. 1 out of 8), you view that as a success for Trudeau. It means that Trump beat Trudeau 7 times out of the 8.

Fully agree.
There are actually very few truly homeless people. Those sleeping on the sidewalk are almost invariably white males. I suspect there are facilities and treatment options, but substance or mental health issues mean they are unwilling to use those facilities. Its more about enforcement. Further on resources, public sector employees have job security, pensions (Pensions!) and salaries above comparable private sector jobs. Maybe we need to do more with what we have. Probably a good job for university students who took easy Grievance courses in Humanities instead of STEM?

To a certain extent, a huge number of those who are rough sleeping for an extended period of time usually have mental or addiction issues, and many of those with addiction issues inevitably develop mental issues as well. I recall some finding that long-term addicts had schizophrenic-like symptoms stemming from drugs damaging their brains.

So I would agree that it's almost less an issue of homelessness than it is an issue of mental illness (and a product of deinstitutionalization and defunding of mental health services). Of course there's the argument that could be made that giving people a roof over their heads and a more structured life could do them some good, but institutionalization does that as well, though in a more paternalistic manner.

And Bernier is stealing votes from the Conservatives. Bad news indeed.
Bigots ain't know which way tah vote! DAAYYYUM!

What a sad, sad day for this country. :)

The headline of the article you linked: "For First Time in 2 Years, Canada’s Quarterly GDP Growth Beats U.S.".
...disproves your contemporary assertion. You're all about assumptions. You only accept, quantify, and vomit whatever will serve to drive us into the arms of greedy people who want to turn this country into a internecine shit pile so they can profit off the grief. That very same thing is going on in spectacular style in Britain right now. Our one saving grace is that OUR gammon army is comparatively small.

If you're mad as heck i don't want to give you more of my money so be it :)

And if we vote you will anyway, so be it. Don't be butthurt if we've decided we don't want to live in your personal paradise of early Victorian London.

But wanting other people's money doesn't make you noble.

It does if you're going to use it to make society better for everyone in general, even the ignoramuses who resent it. What makes one ignoble, sir, is wondering around puking up lines that would have made Ebeneezer Scrooge blush if Dickens had put them in HIS mouth.

I don't care what rich assholes do with their money - your characterization suggests they are stimulating the economy.

Yeah, the economies of sleazy Cayman Island banks. Not economies that actual human beings live in.

And if we vote you will anyway, so be it. Don't be butthurt if we've decided we don't want to live in your personal paradise of early Victorian London.

It does if you're going to use it to make society better for everyone in general, even the ignoramuses who resent it. What makes one ignoble, sir, is wondering around puking up lines that would have made Ebeneezer Scrooge blush if Dickens had put them in HIS mouth.

Yeah, the economies of sleazy Cayman Island banks. Not economies that actual human beings live in.
Trying to respond to your word salad but you’re not giving me much to work with LOL. It’s not so easy to make people pay taxes. I reduced my United Way contribution same year Trudeau decided to raise my taxes.

Primate: your by-line is all about Freedom. Nothing about responsibility or self-reliance.

What, like you loading the dishwasher before your mom gets home, that kinda thing? Yeah, yeah. That was extremely clever. You must have been holding onto that one since high school.

FWIW, I own my own home. My own car. I own a federally-registered corporation, by means of which I deal directly with the CRA on matters of income, payroll, and harmonized sales taxes for contracting. Nobody else has paid a single nickel into any of that, but me. Nobody else handles any of that, but me. So forgive me if I consider myself reasonably responsible and self-reliant. And yet, for all that, I haven't turned into a mean, small-minded, selfish son of a bitch who bloviates about taxes and blithely condemns anyone less fortunate than me, and instead actually do care about the things I quote in that signature line, which comes from the Canadian Bill of Rights, 1960, and from the mouth of John G. Diefenbaker, a man who, despite being a Tory, had higher aspirations for his party and his country than making things worse for every human being below a certain wage threshold. It's a real shame you find that worth mocking, but the shame is yours. Not mine.

P.S. Oh, and I also own my own dishwasher. But I'm not above putting the dishes in Mom's when I visit my folks. They appreciate that sort of self-reliance AND consideration for others. Some people have both..

Back