News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So the '“Ford’s base support across Ontario is about 25 per cent,” said Corbett (from link)' show those 25% are "real people", while the other 75% are not "real people".

Hmmm.
Guess we should paraphrase the famous quote: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

(A proclamation by the pigs who control the government in the novel Animal Farm, by George Orwell. The sentence is a comment on the hypocrisy of governments that proclaim the absolute equality of their citizens but give power and privileges to a small elite.)

Don’t know who he is, but I wouldn’t go looking for him in a critical thinking class

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been "outed" through telltale social-media accounts, schoolmate anecdotes, etc by now (but I haven't heard of anything yet)

If I'd have known about this registration for Fordfest, I would have registered and then not gone. I wonder if others who did know about it did that. Or how many just realized it wasn't accessible by transit.

If I'd have known about this registration for Fordfest, I would have registered and then not gone. I wonder if others who did know about it did that. Or how many just realized it wasn't accessible by transit.

Considered doing same, however leaving info with that bunch makes me uncomfortable as I felt this is just a personal data mining attempt so they can endlessly robo call you or bombard you with their email crap.

I'd also like to know the demographic profile of who was there--judging from what DoFo was offering, it seems like he's still regarded warmly within certain pockets of ethnic media (particularly Chinese).
Speaking of which, maybe the most opportunistic way he could have tried to "redeem" himself in the public eye would have been through a guest appearance by Nav Bhatia (who's supported Conservatives in the past)

I'd also like to know the demographic profile of who was there--judging from what DoFo was offering, it seems like he's still regarded warmly within certain pockets of ethnic media (particularly Chinese).
Speaking of which, maybe the most opportunistic way he could have tried to "redeem" himself in the public eye would have been through a guest appearance by Nav Bhatia (who's supported Conservatives in the past)

Nav is basically a global celebrity now. He has to be careful who he endorses and backing a guy who got booed at the Raptors parade would be a very bad decision.

Dean French might be gone but his cronies are still around.

Last edited:
It’s going to be a very interesting conservative bbq circuit this summer. Will the knives be out for Ford, or can he keep a restless caucus contained?

Amazing that Doug’s first year in office so closely mirrors Rob’s - early successes followed by Self-inflicted gaffes and loss of momentum. One year in and he already looks like a lame duck.

Watching them trying to desperately backpaddle and erase French is fascinating - I mean, he obviously just parachuted himself into the job when everyone turned the other cheek, right?

In any case, everyone except for Hillier appeared smaller and less like leaders coming out of this. At least we now know who the enablers (oops, I meant ex/current cabinet ministers) are.

AoD

Last edited:
It’s going to be a very interesting conservative bbq circuit this summer. Will the knives be out for Ford, or can he keep a restless caucus contained?

Amazing that Doug’s first year in office so closely mirrors Rob’s - early successes followed by Self-inflicted gaffes and loss of momentum. One year in and he already looks like a lame duck.

Amazing, but unsurprising given they share the same lunkheaded DNA. All of this was utterly predictable for anyone who followed city hall from 2010 to 2014.

And French is Doug's Mark Towhey.

It's funny how we finally get to learn what a gravy train really meant.

AoD
gravy.jpg

Back