News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The coverage is available for things that your medical insurance doesn't cover -- like the deductible, or like a boot cast (a friend broke a leg in the US and while the required surgery and hospital stay was covered, the boot wasn't even though the doctor recommended it.) You want to see bureaucracy? Try getting a straight answer on whether you should stay where you are or be medivac'd back.

Don't like it? Lobby for changes to the Canada Health Act, don't just contravene the Act.

My admittedly anecdotal experience (friends and family, not me) is that they will move heaven and earth to get you back from the US due to the vast differences in costs.

From the Globe:

Mr. Torigian said he replied: "Well, there’s one other name obviously out there that you’re not going to get from me, because they’re not qualified, but I’m sure you’ve heard there’s interest in having this person apply, too.”

Mr. Torigian said Mr. Badali replied with a “half-chuckle” and said: “We all know Ron is going to get an interview, and we’ll see where it goes.”

But "nothing to see here".

AoD

I expect another backtrack.

Oh look, backtracking!

Last edited:
Ok, colour me amused.

The Premier made it out to Niagara today.....to proudly announce new infrastructure dollars for the area.

The bulk of which will support transit, and the shift to regional transit with a new bus maintenance facility, and money to buy more buses.

But the other big thing is road reconstruction in the hamlet of Fonthill.

Here's the thing....its being upgraded to add bike lanes, sidewalks and street lights.

So, to review the Tories are actually spending some money wisely.......to foster things they hate, that will gentrify and urbanize the area, make it less likely to vote Conservative in the future.....

I'll take it.

Six weeks of research! In some areas of government it takes that long to get your phone and email set up.
Actually, I do agree that a lack of province-wide standards is a problem and if they can solve that then good. Many smaller municipalities have only the most basic of programs and if you live in an area where you have to take your own waste to the landfill/transfer site, many simply don't bother. I live in a municipality that is above the provincial average in grey and blue box recycling. One of the problems is that most programs are only residential and do not include commercial/retail, and some do not include multi-residential dwellings. I would hate to see the program simply abandoned.
I have often heard that we should put the responsibility back to the producer. How do you do this? How do you enforce it on an off-shore manufacturer or supplier, especially if it bought online.

Six weeks of research! In some areas of government it takes that long to get your phone and email set up.
Actually, I do agree that a lack of province-wide standards is a problem and if they can solve that then good. Many smaller municipalities have only the most basic of programs and if you live in an area where you have to take your own waste to the landfill/transfer site, many simply don't bother. I live in a municipality that is above the provincial average in grey and blue box recycling. One of the problems is that most programs are only residential and do not include commercial/retail, and some do not include multi-residential dwellings. I would hate to see the program simply abandoned.
I have often heard that we should put the responsibility back to the producer. How do you do this? How do you enforce it on an off-shore manufacturer or supplier, especially if it bought online.

For a thorough discussion of extended producer responsibility, see this report:

Also note that the entire E-U. bloc must have extended producer responsibility in place by 2024.

At at today, I believe this is in place in 4 countries, Sweden, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.

Searching out how those four work in more detail would provide answers.

The system in Ontario is certainly suboptimal and cumbersome.

I'm honestly not sure which model we should be adopting but the current one isn't worth keeping as it is today.

Just Doug being Doug.

Borish and uneducate Doug, but hey, this from the man whose sibling are (were) addicts and have violent and non violent criminal records - all of that don't count. It makes me wonder what he means with "Dealing with people in Jail"

Moved from the John Tory thread.
Answering what Harris “fixed” with a flawed and highly partial (despite calling it otherwise—his methods started with a conclusion and just shoehorned cherry picked data in to “prove” it) chart doesn’t really qualify as elaboration.

And if he turns around and calls my follow up inaccurate and flawed, does than then get the title of troll in this game of hot potato?

Perhaps you’ve been absent the several dozen other times he’s come into a forum, made grand glowing *blatantly and demonstrably erroneous, false or disingenuous* statements about Doug Ford, Stephen Harper or Mike Harris?

Perhaps I’m giving the benefit of doubt here and this is a simple case of Hanlon’s Razor?
First, I don't care if some person named Hanlon is bearded or clean shaven.

There were several points made about my data.
  1. What is the best measure to use. This can be debated forever. Jobs data ,GDP, Debt, Wage Growth, etc. I have no problem with your choice here.
  2. Impartiality. Both of our samples are equal - there is no biased in choosing different sets of data to the benefit or detriment of a specific leader.
  3. Accuracy. My data was to a specific date, rounded to the nearest month. Your data, with the 5 year rolling average, makes it more difficult to isolate a specific leaders data, especially if they were around for a shorter period of time.
  4. Consider economic conditions at the time. My data compares Ontario to its neighbours within the same economic times. Your data compares leaders data from one era to another. Considering that global economic conditions must be considered, your data makes no such provisions.
  5. Measure truly looks at Ontario influenced data. Similar to above, my data compares Ontario to neighbours, yours does not. Do other provinces graphs look identical? Is this related to federal policy and all provinces follow the same trend.? My data appear far superior by this measure.
Your data is 1 point in the debate - but don't think it is the best measure, or even a better measure than mine - because I think it clearly is not.
This all started with Mike Harris, and I'd say it is easily arguable that he was the best Ontario Premier in the past 30 years - admittedly, not the greatest crop of characters when compared to the past 100 years.

Moved from the John Tory thread.

First, I don't care if some person named Hanlon is bearded or clean shaven.

There were several points made about my data.
  1. What is the best measure to use. This can be debated forever. Jobs data ,GDP, Debt, Wage Growth, etc. I have no problem with your choice here.
  2. Impartiality. Both of our samples are equal - there is no biased in choosing different sets of data to the benefit or detriment of a specific leader.
  3. Accuracy. My data was to a specific date, rounded to the nearest month. Your data, with the 5 year rolling average, makes it more difficult to isolate a specific leaders data, especially if they were around for a shorter period of time.
  4. Consider economic conditions at the time. My data compares Ontario to its neighbours within the same economic times. Your data compares leaders data from one era to another. Considering that global economic conditions must be considered, your data makes no such provisions.
  5. Measure truly looks at Ontario influenced data. Similar to above, my data compares Ontario to neighbours, yours does not. Do other provinces graphs look identical? Is this related to federal policy and all provinces follow the same trend.? My data appear far superior by this measure.
Your data is 1 point in the debate - but don't think it is the best measure, or even a better measure than mine - because I think it clearly is not.
This all started with Mike Harris, and I'd say it is easily arguable that he was the best Ontario Premier in the past 30 years - admittedly, not the greatest crop of characters when compared to the past 100 years.

As reviewed, by multiple people, in multiple threads; you incorrectly draw a conclusion and then seek data to support it.

You're supposed to assess data, then draw a conclusion.

You have selected data sets which factually and logically make no sense.

You have not accounted for secular factors ranging from federal policy to demographics, to the time of year, to the economic cycle.

You can move your poorly thought out and unsubstantiated ideas to as many different threads as you wish; it will not improve their quality any.

This all started with Mike Harris, and I'd say it is easily arguable that he was the best Ontario Premier in the past 30 years

"Best" is not an objective measurement. It is a subjective opinion, of which you are trying to use a single, biased statistic to support the whole while claiming you're being objective. It boggles my mind that you can't seem to recognize the flaw here.

Back