News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The math that *really* matters is upper level maths where everything is about discovery.

AoD

That's what I was thinking, remembering my maths studies in high school. Proofs was all discovery maths, from what I remember, and man, did I flop. Wish I had seen discovery maths earlier in life. ;)
Those were the days. I purposely took the hardest maths courses in high school because I found school to be boring. Did not disappoint. Good times. Got my challenge and mediocre marks and moved on to poli sci and languages in uni.

Discovery maths is just reverse-engineering algorithms, no? I mean, to simplify it.

That's what I was thinking, remembering my maths studies in high school. Proofs was all discovery maths, from what I remember, and man, did I flop. Wish I had seen discovery maths earlier in life. ;)
Those were the days. I purposely took the hardest maths courses in high school because I found school to be boring. Did not disappoint. Good times. Got my challenge and mediocre marks and moved on to poli sci and languages in uni.

Discovery maths is just reverse-engineering algorithms, no? I mean, to simplify it.

Problem solving, deducing principles. Rote memorization is easy. If all you want is passing a test and brag about it, sure, pick the easy stuff. Make the entire test 1+1=? for all I care.

AoD

Ford says what everyone thinks. It is a total disgrace how the Liberal set curriculum has failed the Ontario students. I imagine anyone with kids knows that Ford is telling the truth.

I have a daughter in school. I've read the sex-ed cirriculum, and I know what's being taught in other areas. I have zero problem with what's in it.

The question is; do you have kids? Or are you just parroting the BS conservative talking points, deeming yourself a conscious proxy for everyone?

Yes. It's comparable to immersion with language studies; it's more actual learning and less "memorize and recite". It (discovery learning)'s one of the tenets of the Montessori method.

So what's the issues with it? Sounds like it lends itself to actually understanding the workings of mathematics.

Another bulletin from the Ford corral.

"Kathleen Wynne’s days as premier are numbered.

But we need to get this right.

There’s a big mess to clean up in Queen’s Park.

Taxes. Hydro. Regulations.

They’re taking our jobs.

I’m the guy with a real and proven track record.

I got the spending under control at City Hall in Toronto, and I’ll do it for Ontario.

There’s only one candidate who can beat Kathleen Wynne in the 416. And I’ve got a track record of cutting taxes, shrinking government, and fighting political insiders.

We can’t just win for the sake of winning.

We need to clean up this mess.

it appears that anyone who signed up for pc membership are getting emails from the candidates

it appears that anyone who signed up for pc membership are getting emails from the candidates
Plus people like me who are on (for reasons unknown) on Doug's list. (Probably because I once wrote to Rob.)

Yup. I once wrote an email that ended up in Rob's inbox. Never mind that it was a criticism of him while he was still a councilor, I have since received every Ford nation update and invite.

That's explicitly allowed - and they have to include an opt-out link in the email.

The email harvesting from emails to Rob etc... are not.

They also have a big central database for federal and provincial conservatives called CIMS. It tracks all voters in Canada and cross-references with other sources. For example, when I signed up for the PCPO I didn't provide my phone number but I'm still getting calls from candidates.

Another bulletin from the Ford corral.

"...

They’re taking our jobs.

..."

Looks like Doug is getting his rhetoric from South Park now.

upload_2018-2-13_13-0-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-13_13-0-54.png
    upload_2018-2-13_13-0-54.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 243

Back