News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I’m going to guess that the equipment was still being used to produce various governmental plates (diplomats, parliament, emergency vehicles, etc.)

The question of diplomatic plates is a good one. I haven't seen anything about a new pattern and can only assume they will follow the white-on-red format. Similarly, I haven't seen anything about other series' such as dealer plates, handicap plate, etc(it's probably out there - I haven't looked).

I'm not aware of specific plates for parliamentarians - Ontario plates issued to the federal government usually just use a restricted letter series. 'Canada' plates are only issued to DND vehicles.

I’m going to guess that the equipment was still being used to produce various governmental plates (diplomats, parliament, emergency vehicles, etc.)

No new 'blue and white' plates have been made.

These are old ones turned-in or decommissioned that hadn't yet been disposed of.

No new 'blue and white' plates have been made.

These are old ones turned-in or decommissioned that hadn't yet been disposed of.
plus I think a supply of old ones that had not been distributed at all. (Which makes one ask why they had ANY old ones that had never been used and why all existing ones were not used before they started their new blue wave?) Oh, of course ... they were evil Liberal Plates and The People deserved and were demanding better.

89117994_201963917824525_4869158613354020864_o.jpg

From link.

The Ford Gov't today announced further steps to building an access road in the far north that would ultimately provide access to mining interests for the Ring of Fire.

Billed as a good news announcement for; and with the support of local first nations..........

It would (once we get to the construction stage) provide a new year-round access route by road, for 2 First Nations.

That would afford some improvements in access to construction materials, lower-cost food, and healthcare amongst other things.

Without diminishing the value of the above, it is important to say this a de facto subsidy to any future mining interest which will no longer bare the cost of developing said road.

I do have environmental concerns, as this will reduce in size of the largest, largely, roadless areas on the planet.

That said, if First Nations are to remain where they are, its difficult to oppose making those communities lives a bit easier and more affordable.

Hopefully it will be done in as sustainable a fashion as is possible, and with some mitigation measures to protect caribou.,

News Release here:

Map from backgrounder here:

1583174401102.png

The PC leader's press conference today:

A frustrated and angry Premier Doug Ford blasts the “media” in its “downtown Toronto bubble” for caring about “little things” like his license plate problems.
Stupid media, always talking about things like unreadable license plates when there are important things to discuss like the way he decreased the deficit by $1!!!

The Ford Gov't today announced further steps to building an access road in the far north that would ultimately provide access to mining interests for the Ring of Fire.

Billed as a good news announcement for; and with the support of local first nations..........

It would (once we get to the construction stage) provide a new year-round access route by road, for 2 First Nations.

That would afford some improvements in access to construction materials, lower-cost food, and healthcare amongst other things.

Without diminishing the value of the above, it is important to say this a de facto subsidy to any future mining interest which will no longer bare the cost of developing said road.

I do have environmental concerns, as this will reduce in size of the largest, largely, roadless areas on the planet.

That said, if First Nations are to remain where they are, its difficult to oppose making those communities lives a bit easier and more affordable.

Hopefully it will be done in as sustainable a fashion as is possible, and with some mitigation measures to protect caribou.,

News Release here:

Map from backgrounder here:

View attachment 234075
As Churchill said: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." These negotiations have been ongoing for years, and were no doubt held for a venue like this for an announcement, as governments are wont to do. But there remain many balls in the air. The mining developer has announced Sault Ste. Marie as the location for the smelter but the local FN there said they will not allow it. This is the challenge in dealing with 634 First Nations as distinct sovereign entities, many with a consensus style of leadership. In many ways, this mirrors what has been going on out west, with some groups agreeing to the pipeline and others not, and who speaks for whom.

The issue of public funds being directed to development roads is not new. Many private forest access roads are built by companies holding timber rights with government assistance, the quid pro quo being that they are open to the public but signed as private (i.e. HTA rules do not apply).

This new access road will, as you say, make the cost of living a non-traditional lifestyle in their traditional area more affordable, along with the initiative to push the hydro grid out to many of the remote communities. But they will not be without negative impacts.

Back