News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Ohhhh those conservatives? They are busy checking out private education for their children and pushing to the front of the line getting vaccinated. Perhaps they may also be occupied keeping the builder friends and lobbyist in line.
and don't forget trying to give legitimacy to a private fundamentalist wan'be 'university' whose owners just happen to be chums with the Premier!

You know, you have to feel sorry for the Philips. Imagine being stuck on a beautiful private island and you couldn’t Instagram it.
Apparently a lot of travel bloggers are suffering this same fate. They don’t dare tell anyone they’re doing duck face on the beach in Bali whilst we’re all stuck at home.

He knows that voters have short memories. He just has to stay quiet and out of trouble for a bit and then he can make a comeback.
This will stick to him like the remarks made by a former Harris cabinet minister years ago suggesting poor folks can eat canned tuna.

Based on these 2 statements, I'm afraid Phillips would stay; and worse, Ford win re-election.

Why.............?

The Harris cabinet minister in question was David Tsubouchi who made those remarks early in the 1st Harris term.

Not only did Harris win reelection; so did Tsubouchi!

Based on these 2 statements, I'm afraid Phillips would stay; and worse, Ford win re-election.

Why.............?

The Harris cabinet minister in question was David Tsubouchi who made those remarks early in the 1st Harris term.

Well, we can certainly hope there's no re-election. Clearly, there's another level to this, namely, that Philips and Ford have been caught lying, and then attempting damage control. Ultimately, there was no choice but to resign. David rues the day of his tuna gaffe I assure you.

Why.............?

Well, remember. In 1999, McGuinty was deemed an underwhelming choice for Liberal leader (and the NDP was still licking its post-Rae wounds), so Harris really prevailed as the devil-you-know over unappetizing options. And on top of that, Tsubouchi represented what at that time was deemed a safe Tory seat (Markham stayed in the fold in the 1987 Larry Grossman disaster, remember)--but the fed-up voters made up for that in 2003.

Sometimes it's not about who you are, but about who's running against you.

I wonder how a Horvath government would have handling Covid. When Rae won he was totally surprised and out of his depth as the economy turned to crisis.

The NDP would lower taxes and give big cheques which right now IS NOT the right thing to do. Big cheques are needed but lower taxes is not going to make life easier. Somehow the money that is being used to deal with Covid needs to be brought back into the coffers and that cannot be done by cutting sources of revenue.

Large business and commercial enterprises making over $75K a year in profits should see a temporary tax increase to 85% in order to bring money back into the coffers.

Small and medium sized businesses should not have their taxes increased nor should those who are on government covid-19 assistance but money does not just magically appear in the provinces accounts.

What I would really like to see (but it wont happen) is no provincial taxes on EI, Cerb or other covid related payments. Right now provincial taxes are not being deducted but are still calculated at the end of the year.

I wonder how a Horvath government would have handling Covid. When Rae won he was totally surprised and out of his depth as the economy turned to crisis.
That's a bit of a conservative ret-con there. The economy was already in crisis. The recession officially started in July of 1990, but was already on the decline starting with shrinking GDP in late 1989. Rae took office in October 1990.

Back