News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Toronto mayoral election 2014.

@Jasmine18 , the Cambridge Analytics scandal/situation/callitwhatyouwill is all over the news. It's not about fake news on Facebook but rather about data mining and the use of that mined data.
Indeed, I should have stated "this time around". He realized he couldn't win, as he couldn't last time. Point stands as it pertains to Jasmine's claim:
" If Ford was able to stay competitive against the well liked John Tory".

I agree that is an issue but I have a feeling liberals are already looking for excuses to say Ford cheated in June
I'm not a "Liberal"...in fact I haven't had the vote in this nation for two generations now. Last time I voted here, it was Conservative. And my father was an elected Conservative in the UK.

At some point, the OntCons are going to have a massive schism when more info comes out, and it's coming out at an accelerated pace.
Ford named Ontario PC leader, Elliott cites 'serious irregularities' for not conceding
Announcement of Doug Ford’s win was delayed by more than 7 hours over ballot dispute
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...nservatives-pcs-new-leader-election-1.4571014

Has not yet been explained. It will be...

I'm not even going to bother watching but I find it interesting that--as per the link--Ford's support of Trump is unwavering since Ford claims to have Ontario's best interests at heart. It's quite clear that Trump's interests and Ontario's interests are quite mutually exclusive.

Why would I vote for someone who supports a man whose interests are opposed to--directly or indirectly--the interests of Ontario?

In fact, maybe Douglas should move to Chicago, full time and be a fanboy there. I don't trust any of our politicians being fanboys of contemporaneous foreign politicians. (Unless they're such beautifully benign bastards such as Macron....or am I projecting my own fanboydom here?)

Last edited:
Big Tech is in for a very rough time...
cleardot.gif

About time. They need to collectively be knocked down several pegs.

However the Mainstream media are the ones that have been giving the liberals extremely negative coverage though lol

Its not based on fake news on facebook...

CTV and Global have been going hard against the liberals past few years.
CTV and Global are liberal media? Since when?

I would just like to interject this...

Scientists Have Established a Link Between Brain Damage and Religious Fundamentalism This explains a lot about our current political situation.

A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. The findings suggest that damage to particular areas of the prefrontal cortex indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by diminishing cognitive flexibility and openness—a psychology term that describes a personality trait which involves dimensions like curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness...
https://theconfirmationfiles.com/20...-a-lot-about-our-current-political-situation/

I'm not even going to bother watching but I find it interesting that--as per the link--Ford's support of Trump is unwavering since Ford claims to have Ontario's best interests at heart.

Check the date on that video; Trump wasn't even president yet (it's from before the election). A lot of information has been released since then.

Check the date on that video; Trump wasn't even president yet (it's from before the election). A lot of information has been released since then.
Good catch, I hadn't noticed the date. However, there was a lot of info already available such as Trump's treatment of and comments about women which didn't bother Doug one bit.

Ford named Ontario PC leader, Elliott cites 'serious irregularities' for not conceding
Announcement of Doug Ford’s win was delayed by more than 7 hours over ballot disputehttp://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...nservatives-pcs-new-leader-election-1.4571014
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...nservatives-pcs-new-leader-election-1.4571014

The recent PC leadership race certainly ended under a cloud, but it's fair to say it began under a cloud as well, wouldn't y'all say? The method of Patrick Brown's ouster was far from clean. Of course, he's supposedly going forward with his court case against CTV (and it serves them bloody well right), but if I were him, I'd be far more interested in gaining revenge on the party insiders who were rumored to have organized his political hit to begin with. The question is: Who exactly were these people, and was Ford one of them?

At the time, I was doubtful that anyone in prominent political circles would care to cozy up to a small-time bullshit artist & no-neck bully boy like Dofo. Given how openly, nakedly self-serving and untrustworthy Ford is, I just couldn't fathom anyone thinking he'd be an asset. I also, poor naïve darling that I am, assumed that the shitshow he and his pig brother made of Toronto, in which they turned the city into an international laughing stock, was still recent enough to dampen any enthusiasm he might have been able to raise. Likewise, I foolishly assumed that Brown was enough of a right wing creep to satiate the social conservative crowd. Silly me on that last point. I also forgot that to the reactionaries, Thug's uglier characteristics - the bullying, the cheating, the sleaze, the endless lying, the violence lurking just under the surface - were virtues to be worn as badges of honor. If you get away with them, at least.

So, there was clearly a faction eager to push the party towards the far right, and to hell with electability. Given what a dog's dinner the liberals have made of things, electability probably wasn't even an issue, anyway. Not that it ever is with True Believers. But was Thug merely a beneficiary, or was he one of the schemers willing to eliminate Brown with these underhanded tactics? It's certainly in character for him. Elliott's already shut up about all the unpleasantness we witnessed at the end, but then, she (presumably) has a political career to salvage. Brown is under no such constraint, and if he decides to collect a few scalps in court apart from those in the "liberal" media, it could turn into quite the entertaining blood-letting. Especially if Ford is one of the people he goes after.

The recent PC leadership race certainly ended under a cloud, but it's fair to say it began under a cloud as well, wouldn't y'all say?

but if I were him (PatBrown), I'd be far more interested in gaining revenge on the party insiders who were rumored to have organized his political hit to begin with. The question is: Who exactly were these people, and was Ford one of them?
I can't quote any more as the mods are correctly calling for a modicum of decency in the strings, but I will address these points as they are *still* glaring wounds.

I think PB is not the person to pursue a vendetta. I think that's for Elliot, and to a lesser extent, albeit with huge guns behind her, Mulroney. All's gone quiet on the Right Front, but there have to be massive machinations at work behind the scenes. The party was just taken hostage, albeit you're right, it had been Lord of the Flaws (apology to Flies) minus the grownups. And it wasn't being driven by the people you see! They're just puppets for their controllers in the back room.

Politics has always been so, at least in many nations, but what's new is it being driven by operators behind the scenes who are anything but elected.

More on this later, there's going to have to be a few more news bombshells to happen yet...they're coming. If anyone thinks this nation is immune to the infection plaguing the US and UK right now, they live in a dream.

Elliott and Mulroney will get good cabinet positions in Ford's government. They won't be interested in making the Party look bad. Mulroney will probably get another shot at leader in the future as well.

As for Brown, its probably easier to sue CTV then the PC Party.

Elliott and Mulroney will get good cabinet positions in Ford's government. They won't be interested in making the Party look bad. Mulroney will probably get another shot at leader in the future as well.

As for Brown, its probably easier to sue CTV then the PC Party.
I see, so they offered Elliot a position to shut her up? OK, one down (by your count). What position does Mulroney have?

Back