News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually think Canadian politicians are that desperate to get reelected when most could easily get a better-paying job in the private sector, with none of the daily scrutiny they are subjected to.

Just a year ago the Liberals were bragging about their 'balanced' budget and were projecting to balance the budget for next 3 years as well.

So what has changed in less then a year?

You neglected to answer why these jobs are so important to them when public sector jobs are often much higher. For instance my wife at thirty make about 65% of the premiers salary. Her boss at 40 makes equal. Her bosses boss at 50 makes 500k.
You are talking about normal politics.

The Ontario liberals desperate tactics to win elections have made them so unpopular and disliked.

You still did not answer why they did not do this spending last year? If it was sooo urgent...

It only became urgent as Wynne looks certain to lose and is pretty much doing anything now to get elected.

You neglected to answer why these jobs are so important to them when public sector jobs are often much higher. For instance my wife at thirty make about 65% of the premiers salary. Her boss at 40 makes equal. Her bosses boss at 50 makes 500k.

You are arguing that these jobs should not important to them based on simply money?

However, I think you ignore how people think about power, prestige and frankly that they are better than others. That it usually is about the pride that you are in power and don't want to face the prospect of defeat especially to people you don't agree with or think you are better than.

I think that is the only way I can rationale why a group of people made a decision to cancel a gas plant that cost over 1.1 billion dollars.

I like to accept that our politicians are selfless servants of the public good but how we have seen some politicians behave over the years, my default assumption they are only looking out for their own self-interest by pretending to care about mine.

Of course, Ford will be no different, but I want some change on top and the liberals do not seem worthy to win again.

I'm arguing that money is a good motivator for most people. The second thing is often what follows money is power and respect. What I do fear is that people like georgio michael, rob and Doug are not qualified to get jobs in the public sector and this is why they cling to their jobs. What I can't understand is thinking these people wouldn't make it in the outside world but let's elect them to office
You are arguing that these jobs should not important to them based on simply money?

However, I think you ignore how people think about power, prestige and frankly that they are better than others. That it usually is about the pride that you are in power and don't want to face the prospect of defeat especially to people you don't agree with or think you are better than.

I think that is the only way I can rationale why a group of people made a decision to cancel a gas plant that cost over 1.1 billion dollars.

I like to accept that our politicians are selfless servants of the public good but how we have seen some politicians behave over the years, my default assumption they are only looking out for their own self-interest by pretending to care about mine.

Of course, Ford will be no different, but I want some change on top and the liberals do not seem worthy to win again.

Doug and Rob own(ed) a business, their jobs were created for them so it's a different situation. One could argue that they couldn't find a job in the "real" world because they never had to fend for themselves. The argument for Doug (let's leave Rob out of this now) is why would he get involved in politics when he has a business to run and appears to be wealthy? He doesn't have to worry about finding a job, he has one for life unless the business shuts down.

Doug runs it, although that will change. I think Rob was given a job. Rob was in politics for years, likely to keep him out of the office. I believe Doug was a reluctant politician.

The leaks just keep on coming:
Leaked: Cambridge Analytica's blueprint for Trump victory
Exclusive: Former employee explains how presentation showed techniques used to target voters
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...bridge-analyticas-blueprint-for-trump-victory

It's going to be at least a few weeks until Canada has the hearings into this matter, but at least we can get some solace from the US and UK investigating their political interference and manipulation.

To think this isn't happening in Canada, and most specifically Ontario is naive in the least. What is telling is that Parliament voted *unanimously* for this cmte inquiry. (The FedCons think they can nail the Libs on it, the Libs know that it's pervasive)

Lol when will you expect some ownership from the guys in charge for the past 15 years?

The Liberals are not blameless, never have been and regardless of what blame they except, one has to be a realist to see past the deflection and obfuscation.

I don't expect any real response or responsibility from any partisan politician, they are bound to the party line and its talking points. A spade is a spade, a diamond is a diamond, and so on; we have to work with what we have and in this case, the "leaders" we hire. Harris was my Premier if I voted for him or not, just like Rob Ford or Wynne I expect them to listen to the people that hired them, all the people.

Last edited:
If reluctent politician is taking selfies at your brothers funeral, while handing out magnets and autographs then Doug is the man.
Dougie has only recently admitted that he is a politician even though he still ties himself to "grassroots" movements just like fibre ties him to the toilet.

With no actual record compared to Robbie, Dougie has no choice than to perpetually tie his "record" to his brother's to enlist "Ford Nation", a wholly created figment to promote nationalist ideals.

Last edited:
Everyone likes a qualified mechanic, a ivy league dr, a winning laywer, a certified accountant at tax season but when it comes to politics, screw professionals, we need grass roots, street smart, comoners running our country.

Everyone likes a qualified mechanic, a ivy league dr, a winning laywer, a certified accountant at tax season but when it comes to politics, screw professionals, we need grass roots, street smart, comoners running our country.

Unless they have experience as a drama teacher of course.

Unless they have experience as a drama teacher of course.
good one... but I am not necessarily a big fan myself. In fact I think many of us liberal/ndp supporters on here are echoing the same thing. We are not necessary ecstatic with what we got but the thought is it is better then the other option. Some people here may like to test that theory. As someone who lives on Eglinton and would like to see the LRT complete I am not one of those people.

Back