News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Ontario liberal's problem is that they have governed in a manner that they think they should only rule this province and I think after 15 years, the time is up.

I think that people just don't care to about the facts and just buy into the 'tax and spend, corrupt liberals and crooked Wynne'

The Ontario liberal's problem is that they have governed in a manner that they think they should only rule this province and I think after 15 years, the time is up.

I think that people just don't care to about the facts and just buy into the 'tax and spend, corrupt liberals and crooked Wynne'

Not sure what your first paragraph even means. And the second confirms that people are generally stupid.

Its simple the Liberals only govern in a way to keep themselves in power and that is normal. However, when any party stays in power for too long they think they can do anything and get away with it as they think the public to be idiots. Just like Harper in Ottawa, she only cares about the 35% or so that she needs to win power and has alienated everyone else with her tone and style.

Going 8 billion dollars in debt for no reason after a balanced budget last year.
Spending 1.1 billion to cancel gas plants to save a few seats during an election.

Also, calling people stupid is not going to stop Ford... Try harder.

Its simple the Liberals only govern in a way to keep themselves in power and that is normal. However, when any party stays in power for too long they think they can do anything and get away with it as they think the public to be idiots. Just like Harper in Ottawa, she only cares about the 35% or so that she needs to win power and has alienated everyone else with her tone and style.

Going 8 billion dollars in debt for no reason after a balanced budget last year.
Spending 1.1 billion to cancel gas plants to save a few seats during an election.

She's not going into debt for "no reason". Perhaps she, as well as many of us, believes some services need to be improved now. And you said yourself that people don't care too much about the facts, only about their perception of Wynne. I'm sorry but putting facts aside and letting yourself be overcome by your emotions, well that's the very definition of stupidity.

She's not going into debt for "no reason". Perhaps she, as well as many of us, believes some services need to be improved now.

Oh, it's for a reason. Whether or not that reason is good is the real question.
Going into debt to pay for services is not sustainable regardless of how urgently those services need to be improved. In fact, the more important the service improvements, the less of a good idea it is to go into debt to pay for them.

When you want a service improvement, you want it now and into the future, no?

She's not going into debt for "no reason". Perhaps she, as well as many of us, believes some services need to be improved now. And you said yourself that people don't care too much about the facts, only about their perception of Wynne. I'm sorry but putting facts aside and letting yourself be overcome by your emotions, well that's the very definition of stupidity.

What was wrong with going into 8 billion of dollars of debt in the last year?

The reality is she only is going into debt to make a slush fund to get her desperate self reelected and the voter are not gonna buy it :)

and cotinue calling everyone not liking Wynne stupid, you are just helping her lose more lol

BEWARE OF DOUG!

See link.

DY2EzrsVMAAJd5e.jpg

Ford's sycophants still can't explain how he got elected. All sorts of magic murmurings of adding eggs together, (but only Christian ones) eliminating the elites, draining the swamps, chant, stir and Rob's your uncle...

It's not even Ford. He's just the get-away driver puppet. It's the 'minders' behind him. And yes, this has been happening in all parties for more generations that I can type, but Ford's puppet masters took this to a new level.

Samantha Bradshaw is a senior fellow at the Canadian International Council. She is also a D.Phil. candidate at the Oxford Internet Institute and a researcher on the Computational Propaganda Project at Oxford University.
[...]
As Canada prepares for the 2019 federal elections, we’re dangerously unprepared to confront challenges at the intersection of individual privacy, social-media transparency and data-driven campaigning. Currently, no federal privacy legislation covers the activity of political parties with respect to voter data: the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) only applies to the commercial collection of personal data; in the Privacy Act, political parties are excluded in the definition of “government institutions,” and the Canadian Elections Act does not oversee data collection, analysis, use or storage. In the past, the Liberal Party made a voluntary commitment to PIPEDA, and the New Democratic Party said it will honour the transparency aspect of the law. But beyond the privacy policies of the parties themselves, there are no legal or regulatory mechanisms in place to ensure that voter data is not being misused by politicians.
[...]
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...n-laws-must-be-extended-to-political-parties/

The full story will eventually come out. But then the gullible masses will turn around and believe other salespeople.
"We don't want facts, just tell us what we want to hear!"

Up at today's New York Times:
Will Canada Elect a Tin-Pot Northern Trump?
Doug Ford’s rise in Ontario signals the Conservative brand is now a marker of contempt for political order.

By STEPHEN MARCHE
MARCH 22, 2018

Toronto — Tell me if you’ve heard this before: The spoiled son of a sprawling business dynasty positions himself as an anti-elite populist. During a pivotal campaign, he brushes off a history of crude remarks as political incorrectness to the delight of his base. Then, running against the establishment of his own party and an evidently more qualified female candidate, he loses the popular vote but manages, by way of an arcane voting system, to take power.

No, I’m not rehashing the victory of President Trump. I’m describing the rise of Canadian politician Doug Ford, who this month was elected leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario, the right-of-center opposition in the country’s most populous province. With his party leading in the polls ahead of a June 7 election, Mr. Ford has a strong chance of becoming premier.

Trumpism, it seems, has migrated north.

Several years before the 2016 United States presidential campaign, Mr. Ford’s brother, the deceased former mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford, more or less invented the politics of boorish, divisive populism the American president has since mastered. Rob Ford figured out as early as 2010 that riding out scandal, while blaming the media and other unspecified “elites,” was a winning political strategy.

Torontonians forgave flaws in his character, appreciated them, even embraced them as signs of authenticity. It didn’t matter to his base that he smoked crack cocaine while in office. The Rob Ford era demonstrated that someone as shameless as Mr. Trump had a shot as a political figure.

Doug Ford is a more serious and self-disciplined version of his bumbling younger brother. He has resisted comparisons between himself and the president, but has also spoken fondly about The Donald. “Absolutely he respects women,” he said of the Republican presidential candidate in 2016. “There’s millions of women that have voted for him. So all those millions of women are dumb? I don’t think so.”
[...]
Continue reading the main story

Oh, it's for a reason. Whether or not that reason is good is the real question.
Going into debt to pay for services is not sustainable regardless of how urgently those services need to be improved. In fact, the more important the service improvements, the less of a good idea it is to go into debt to pay for them.

When you want a service improvement, you want it now and into the future, no?

As I constantly repeat, program spending per capita in Ontario is the second lowest in Canada and is forecast to remain so for the next few years. Successive governments (including the current one) have let the debt increase irresponsibly by maintaining an unsustainably low taxation level - second lowest in the country. Conservatives are not that interested in reducing debt. After Rae was defeated, Harris continued to increase it. They will make budget cuts and reduce taxes, and the debt will continue to go up. This is what they are about.

What was wrong with going into 8 billion of dollars of debt in the last year?

The reality is she only is going into debt to make a slush fund to get her desperate self reelected and the voter are not gonna buy it :)

and cotinue calling everyone not liking Wynne stupid, you are just helping her lose more lol
It never ceases to amaze me that people actually think Canadian politicians are that desperate to get reelected when most could easily get a better-paying job in the private sector, with none of the daily scrutiny they are subjected to.

Calling program improvements a slush fund is ridiculous.

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually think Canadian politicians are that desperate to get reelected when most could easily get a better-paying job in the private sector, with none of the daily scrutiny they are subjected to.

Calling program improvements a slush fund is ridiculous.

You are talking about normal politics.

The Ontario liberals desperate tactics to win elections have made them so unpopular and disliked.

You still did not answer why they did not do this spending last year? If it was sooo urgent...

It only became urgent as Wynne looks certain to lose and is pretty much doing anything now to get elected.

Back