News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

All I'm saying is that the not-so silent majority has had enough of Liberals lies and deception.

With Horwath not ready for primetime; Doug may very well prove to be worse than Wynne in the long run but I am willing to give him a chance nonetheless. The Liberals have got to go! This is a change election if ever there needed to be one.
Why do you think she's not ready for prime time? I get that people are fed up with the Liberals but Ford has done nothing as a one term councillor so what makes you think he's qualified?

He's a fresh face by contrast. Horwath's been around for three election cycles now and can't crack more than 25 percent of the electorate. She's not going to win. I choose to be pragmatic.

Horwath has allowed Wynne to steal all her party's best ideas and relegated her to "me-too" status. She's not credible when she challenges the Liberals because their views have become so intertwined. It may sound good for you if you're a leftist; but the complete, utter abandonment of the centre-right has only left the door open for Blue Liberals to gravitate back towards Doug, warts and all.

So, we're better off with the Ford's lies and deceptions? How'd that work when Rob was mayor.

Doug's not his brother. But I'd sooner take the Ford administration's series of self-inflicted gaffes and blunders that "embarrassed" Toronto over the Liberals' litany of real crimes, cover-ups and malfeasance which affect us all to this day; whereas Rob's "scandals" died with him.

I think John Dee’s point was that other candidates have said crazy stuff too, yet they are still around. So why is she gone and others remain? The others are male.

I wonder if something else happened that we don't know about. It seems odd that she got him the job over Elliot and Mulroney by putting her weight behind him and you know how he is about loyalty. You can't buy it! So to ditch her like that when she's been quite vocal in her beliefs all along is puzzling and it might cost some of his racist, homophobic fans. A number of people replied to her tweet saying they supported her over Thug.

(1) TGA drew attention to herself as a leadership candidate; except to the Rebel Media hyper-engaged, Andrew Lawton's more "obscure"
(2) an unflattering video clip was the straw that broke the camel's back in TGA's case. Lawton has no such straw (yet).
Of course, ssshhhh, don't tell anyone, TGA was DoFo's kingmaker...

Doug's not his brother. But I'd sooner take the Ford administration's series of self-inflicted gaffes and blunders that "embarrassed" Toronto over the Liberals' litany of real crimes, cover-ups and malfeasance which affect us all to this day; whereas Rob's "scandals" died with him.

Nope, we're still living with them.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in the election thread, but it seems relevant here too.

One thing I found interesting is that his comment didn't actually disavow the party of holding those particular views. He simply wrote they were not expressed responsibly.

Say what you will about Patrick Brown, but he wasn't shy about making it clear that his PC Party welcomed those in the LGBTQ community.

Was just thinking that as I rode on the Finch LRT which opened years ago on schedule.
Not to mention the Shepherd East LRT--getting to the zoo is such a breeze now. And of course I can't wait for the wonderful new subway connection to Scarborough centre. You see, I've always wanted to shop there but with that extra friggin' transfer in the way, well the sheer inconvenience was just a deal breaker.

And I'm sure Doug will seamlessly continue all of the desperately needed transit expansions begun under the liberals. And there's no chance he'll disrupt the decades in the making developments along the waterfront.

It's like the old expression: "The best way to renovate a china shop is to bring a bull into it."

It’s not surprising she was booted off. The issue isn’t her social conservative views - it’s the surliness through which she expressed them. Gay marriage makes her vomit? That’s vile even for social conservatives. If she just left it at “I don’t believe in it” nothing would have happened.

Plus the rest of her comments were a bit odd... Yugoslav communists supported gay marriage? Hell no. That got you thrown into an asylum.

It’s not surprising she was booted off. The issue isn’t her social conservative views - it’s the surliness through which she expressed them. Gay marriage makes her vomit? That’s vile even for social conservatives. If she just left it at “I don’t believe in it” nothing would have happened.

Plus the rest of her comments were a bit odd... Yugoslav communists supported gay marriage? Hell no. That got you thrown into an asylum.

She might be referring to the recognition of same-sex partnerships in Croatia back in 2014 - even though "marriage" itself is apparently banned constitutionally.

AoD

I want to see the paperwork.

Ontario Tory candidate blames mental health for his ’reckless’ behaviour
Ontario Progressive Conservative Leader Doug Ford is standing by a candidate who is distancing himself from past comments that are being described as misogynistic, racist and homophobic.

The candidate, Andrew Lawton, says years of struggling with mental illness were to blame for what he described as past “failings.”

http://torontosun.com/news/provinci...ames-mental-health-for-his-reckless-behaviour

Back