News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Doug Ford vows to replace sex-ed, math curricula, tie university funds to free speech if elected

See link.

Doug Ford vowed Tuesday to scrap and replace Ontario’s sex-ed curriculum and Discovery Math program if he wins the election, saying the province’s Liberal premier has turned schools into “social laboratories.”

The Progressive Conservative leader announced three education promises ahead of Wednesday’s official start to the provincial election campaign, including tying post-secondary funding to free speech.

He did not provide details of how that process would work, but said universities are supposed to be a place where people exchange ideas and have respectful and responsible debates, but too many schools are putting limits on that.

The sex-ed curriculum sparked controversy, particularly among social conservatives, when the Liberal government introduced it in 2015. It was the first time the curriculum had been updated since 1998 and included warnings about online bullying and sexting, but protesters zeroed in on discussions of same-sex marriage, masturbation and gender identity.

“For too long the Liberals have ignored Ontario parents,” Ford said Tuesday. “They have introduced the sex curriculum based on ideology – a curriculum that teaches sensitive topics starting at an early age.”...
Doug Ford may seem to want to go back to 1998. However, he may prefer to go back to 1498.

Doug Ford vows to replace sex-ed, math curricula, tie university funds to free speech if elected

See link.

Doug Ford vowed Tuesday to scrap and replace Ontario’s sex-ed curriculum and Discovery Math program if he wins the election, saying the province’s Liberal premier has turned schools into “social laboratories.”

The Progressive Conservative leader announced three education promises ahead of Wednesday’s official start to the provincial election campaign, including tying post-secondary funding to free speech.

He did not provide details of how that process would work, but said universities are supposed to be a place where people exchange ideas and have respectful and responsible debates, but too many schools are putting limits on that.

The sex-ed curriculum sparked controversy, particularly among social conservatives, when the Liberal government introduced it in 2015. It was the first time the curriculum had been updated since 1998 and included warnings about online bullying and sexting, but protesters zeroed in on discussions of same-sex marriage, masturbation and gender identity.

“For too long the Liberals have ignored Ontario parents,” Ford said Tuesday. “They have introduced the sex curriculum based on ideology – a curriculum that teaches sensitive topics starting at an early age.”...
Doug Ford may seem to want to go back to 1998. However, he may prefer to go back to 1498.

Looks like he's now taking up Granic Allen talking points to bolster his support among her followers. Smart move on his part, though could alienate a lot of others.

… The sex-ed curriculum sparked controversy, particularly among social conservatives, when the Liberal government introduced it in 2015. It was the first time the curriculum had been updated since 1998 and included warnings about online bullying and sexting, but protesters zeroed in on discussions of same-sex marriage, masturbation and gender identity.

Actually, protesters (online and irl) zeroed in on the false conservative talking point that elementary school kids as young as kindergarteners were being taught how to perform anal sex. I've had this argument several time with conservatives who failed to bother to read it. Anal sex is mentioned 3 times in the elementary curriculum, all grade 7 and higher, and all in the context of consent and STIs.

But, far be it for me (someone with an elementary school kid who's actually read the curriculum) to dare oppose the idea. The second they're corrected, they just talk about the "hidden" agenda that's in there (there isn't) and bring up that it was written by Benjamin Levin (it wasn't). No matter what you say, there's a group of people unwilling to recognize fact simply because the Liberals (led by a lesbian, no less!) crafted it.

Actually, protesters (online and irl) zeroed in on the false conservative talking point that elementary school kids as young as kindergarteners were being taught how to perform anal sex. I've had this argument several time with conservatives who failed to bother to read it. Anal sex is mentioned 3 times in the elementary curriculum, all grade 7 and higher, and all in the context of consent and STIs.

But, far be it for me (someone with an elementary school kid who's actually read the curriculum) to dare oppose the idea. The second they're corrected, they just talk about the "hidden" agenda that's in there (there isn't) and bring up that it was written by Benjamin Levin (it wasn't). No matter what you say, there's a group of people unwilling to recognize fact simply because the Liberals (led by a lesbian, no less!) crafted it.

Given the signage some of the protesters held, I think they should expand the enrollment of these sex eds classes to Grade 55.

AoD

PinkLucy - didn’t a Doug Ford fundraising email tell everyone to come out to his debate? I think I deleted it.

He sent this yesterday. I don't recall one asking him for people to attend. And poor Andrea doesn't even get a mention.
It’s debate night.

At 6pm I’ll be on stage with Kathleen Wynne.

The Liberals are going to try every dirty trick in the book.

But this time it isn’t going to work.

I’m doing this for the people.

I have a plan to put more money back in your pocket, and bring good jobs back to Ontario.

I’m going to get the hydro rates down, and fire Wynne’s six-million-dollar a year CEO of Hydro One.

I’m going to focus on one thing:

Bringing relief to the people of Ontario.

So while Kathleen Wynne and her team try to tear us down, remember this one thing -

Help is on the way.

Doug

PS - Click here to donate $5 to the campaign

Well, shades of 2015's howler monkeys.

And of course, re using actors, he might as well claim that his "real" supporters are too busy working and earning their keep...

And yet unless the polls are wrong or things change, he’s going to win with a strong mandate. I hope that now that the official campaign period has begun, people will start to pay attention and that his own comments will turn that trend around ... and that Horwath builds on the bit of momentum she seems to have now.

Hahaha.

A Queens Park reporter just asked Doug how a bill becomes law in Ontario and he couldn't answer it, calling it a "gotcha" question

Wow. Wow as in "he's a dick" not as in "I'm surprised he's such a tit".

He's the one pulling a "gotcha" on the whole damn place from friggin Leamington to Attawapiskat.

I'm going to start a fund on one of these online funding sites and get myself elected the leader of some party and run this place myself. The people are speaking: they don't really give a toss about professionalism, class, intelligence, and wisdom and, just to be safe, I have a bit of that anyway.

Vote for whatever party I'm in charge of in the next provincial election and I promise I'll be a better premier than this tool. Guaranteed, folks!

Back