News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

If it means taking votes from Doug, I have no problem with Jimmy K running for mayor!
That was my first reaction too. Then I remembered Rob getting elected when most thought he was a joke candidate. I'm not so sure we can trust the voters to do the right thing, Jimmy K. would be even worse than Rob.

That was my first reaction too. Then I remembered Rob getting elected when most thought he was a joke candidate. I'm not so sure we can trust the voters to do the right thing, Jimmy K. would be even worse than Rob.

Yes, but, as I recall, RoFo got in because the >50% of voters he didn't get were split three or four ways. Having the idiotic blowhard vote split with Jimmy K could only hurt DoFo. It seems doubtful to me that all of the Iolas would run to Jimmy K (more likely, I think, the Scarborough Iolas but not the Etobicoke Iolas), and he would need that and more in order to have a real chance against Tory.

Yes, but, as I recall, RoFo got in because the >50% of voters he didn't get were split three or four ways. Having the idiotic blowhard vote split with Jimmy K could only hurt DoFo. It seems doubtful to me that all of the Iolas would run to Jimmy K (more likely, I think, the Scarborough Iolas but not the Etobicoke Iolas), and he would need that and more in order to have a real chance against Tory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_mayoral_election,_2010#Results

I checked my recollection. The split was two ways, not three, fundamentally. Using rounded numbers, RoFo got 47% and Smitherman and Pantalone combined got 47%. All of the other (37!) candidates combined got the remaining 6%, with none getting even 1%.

Reality is they need to name something after his lardship, or big bro will spend the next year building it into his victim complex. Might as well be a run-down stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Reality is they need to name something after his lardship, or big bro will spend the next year building it into his victim complex. Might as well be a run-down stadium in the middle of nowhere.
It is a significant stadium though. That's where they play the Etobicoke finals and have big track and field meets for middle schoolers.

Maybe some telecommunications company will actually pay to rename the stadium after the company?

Maybe if the Ford family will pay to cover the costs and maintenance of the place, maybe I'll agree with it. Otherwise, no thanks.

It won't be enough, though. It's never enough. Give the likes of Doug Ford an inch, and he'll make ever more unreasonable, strident demands, inevitably screeching that he's being oppressed if you don't give in (and completely ignoring the concessions already made to him up to that point, natch). Fatass was a horrible mayor, a crook and a scumbag and a liar, a shameless, self-promoting spotlight whore, doing everything he did to gratify his bizarrely overblown ego. Name a drug rehabilitation center after him (the irony is nice), but nothing else. If we're paying proper homage to his memory, then name a filthy abandoned outhouse after him.

Your theory might be why Tory is doing this, but I guarantee it won't work. It'll just encourage the Fords and their demented fanbase even further.

Back