News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So, I saw SAL complaining about people drinking beer on the TTC. She implied it should be a criminal offense. First off, as a conservative, why is she advocating big government? Also, as a staunch supporter of Doug Ford, shouldn't she blame him for being obsessed with alcohol sales? I mean, he is the one who thought that "buck-a-beer" was a good idea to push on everyone.
It is really an indication that laws are no longer enforced and tghe blame lies with the ttc and/or police.

It is really an indication that laws are no longer enforced and tghe blame lies with the ttc and/or police.

And neither the TTC or the police have the budget to hire more staff to enforce small infractions. You cannot expect the driver to enforce the rules when he can get assaulted by his passengers, take off time from work to recuperate - loss of pay etc etc. As a matter of fact I know for sure the police used to fudge the statistics and would not record small crimes and infractions so the chief could happily report a drop in crime.

I'm worried about all the jobs Dean French lost for his friends and family...

At today's Stampede, first question is to Premier Ford, on what responsibility he takes for Dean French's appointments. Ford says they "aren't here to talk about Dean French," he's now talking about Ontario's economy.

"I know the media, you want to get into the weeds. Do you really think when I walk down the street in Alberta, people are worried about Dean French? They're worried about jobs," Ford says.

Last edited:
I wonder if the media will be fair and wait until Ford is found guilty of 6 Ethics Act violations before they start picking on him.
I think we have proven that 5 is not a problem.

Doug Ford apologists are sure something...

I was talking with my dad about Lisa MacLeod and he wants her gone from cabinet. He also saw the rumor about a July 4 coup and hoped it was true. This is all coming from a regular PC voter.

Yet another way Ford has screwed over Toronto specifically.

The biggest portion of money went to the city of Toronto, which received $500 million for programs such as:
  • A green fleet acceleration project to help convert almost 10,000 on-road and off-road emergency vehicles (including paramedics, fire and police) to low-carbon vehicles
  • A renewable thermal energy system at the Etobicoke Civic Centre (in Doug Ford's riding) to make it Toronto’s first net-zero community
  • The city’s first net-zero facility — an early learning and childcare centre — in the Mount Dennis neighbourhood
  • A building-wide energy retrofit of Toronto Paramedic Services headquarters to create energy savings
  • The Toronto Transit Commission's replacement of 30 clean diesel buses with 30 battery-powered electric buses
  • A geothermal system for St. Lawrence market — a major public food market building in downtown Toronto

And neither the TTC or the police have the budget to hire more staff to enforce small infractions. You cannot expect the driver to enforce the rules when he can get assaulted by his passengers, take off time from work to recuperate - loss of pay etc etc. As a matter of fact I know for sure the police used to fudge the statistics and would not record small crimes and infractions so the chief could happily report a drop in crime.
The TTC made it too easy to evade fairs with the new presto updates. Anyone with a brain could dodge the machines. And drivers are taught not to pretend to enforce fairs anymore which is literally their only job. Automate them now.

And they only police certain spots so anyone that gets on outside of a busy station has a free ride if they want. People still pay because people THINK they enforce fairs, but they don't. And word is slowly getting out there. I expect fare evasion to slowly increase over time.

And drivers are taught not to pretend to enforce fairs anymore which is literally their only job. Automate them now.
I mean they also have to navigate a 12 or 18 metre box around the city and help with directions.

Also, what would a fare wage be for someone where they are expected to get spit on or the shit beaten out of them over $3? Would you want to do the job? Would others?

The TTC made it too easy to evade fairs with the new presto updates. Anyone with a brain could dodge the machines. And drivers are taught not to pretend to enforce fairs anymore which is literally their only job. Automate them now.

And they only police certain spots so anyone that gets on outside of a busy station has a free ride if they want. People still pay because people THINK they enforce fairs, but they don't. And word is slowly getting out there. I expect fare evasion to slowly increase over time.

So what you are saying TTC operator only collect fares, not drive the streetcar or bus. It all boils down to the fact that fare enforcement more than often results in assaults and loss of wages and reprimand for taking time off.

In the last few weeks, I have seen so much fare evasion. One time, a lady just walks on the bus and their conversation went something like this:

Driver: Do you have fare?
Lady: No
Driver:: Well, have it next time

One man tried to use the wrong transfer and was yelling at the driver, who gave up and just let him take a free ride.

Some people have legit issues with the Presto reader and the driver gives them a pass on it. Maybe they forgot to reload their account or something...

Back