News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting funny. Detro, you're trying so hard to sound intelligent but you're missing the first part of any philisophical discussion. Speak clearly and concisely!
Second, you cannot claim a fallacy based on an ad homonym when the issue is that of an personal attack, which is by definition, what an ad homonym is. Don't throw out things as fallacies just based on your mediocre notes in high school.

In plain english? The so-called word in question, "nigger" is an ad homonym itself. So is "asshole". By your introduction of the argument "ad homonym", any member can now say, the word "nigger" is not a valid excuse to launch an argument, as in and of itself, it is an "ad homonym". As such, there is no need to look at this from a philosophical view where is when an "ad homonym" belongs.

From a social science/justice point of view, you don't have "fallacies" and is valid in that jurisdiction of argument. From that point of view as everyone else except you has argued, the balance of probabilities is on the side that it wasn't racism behind those words but your everyday insult.

Once again you show your double standards and continue to neglect any consistancy in thought and action. Your understanding of academic thought is disjointed and bias beyond rational understanding.

Here's a nice piece of Asian wisdom for you since you love the idea of karma:

"When you lose in defending someone, that person loses as well. When you lose face in defending that person, so too does that person."

You've lost this argument, all you're continuing to do now is allowing insult on top of injury.

Here's a nice piece of Asian wisdom for you since you love the idea of karma:

"When you lose in defending someone, that person loses as well. When you lose face in defending that person, so too does that person."

You've lost this argument, all you're continuing to do now is allowing insult on top of injury.

So true. Dentrobates, and the histrionic reaction of the journalist in question, do very little for the advancement of their perceived cause, which is starting to feel like a bit of a witch hunt, and haven't we all learned yet that witch hunts are just not ever very effective or very just?

...and more to the point I'm still not very convinced that this approach achieves anything very positive within the black community in terms of addressing the real social problems and disfunctions that exist. This community, or the individual leaders and activists that purport to speak on behalf of it, needs to stop the finger-pointing, the justifying of destructive behaviour and practices, and the bitterness and self-victimization that they use to define themselves. They need to pull together, with the help of the rest of society, to heal and rebuild positive social values. This will effect real change, and in the long run this will do far more to eradicate the 'n' word and other negative stereotypes that persist. Everybody wins.

You aren't listening. I'm asking the opposite. Smarten it up by making sense and using words when they are appropriate.

Use have to understand though that I try to incorporate alot of the terms I've learned in university to the discussion. I like to think of UT as a clever, deductive set that can figure their way through even enigmatic language.

Still more B.S. language. "Overflows" with cultural anonymity? How can you overflow with anonymity? She is taking a course in normative discourse studies?

Overflows, brims. Brims, overflows. Normative discourse studies is apart of the journalism cirricula taught in most accredited colleges and universities. Just because it's unfamiliar jargon to you, doesn't make it BS language.

She has subconsciously developed ideologies stemming from the core beliefs that white parking attendants are assholes?

This particular one yes. People challenge your POV, you get upset. What did I miss here?

You aren't seeing things equally. You are saying that she called him something because she is preconditioned to use it as an insult but do not infer that it is the way she views all white parking attendants. On the other hand you are saying he called her a "nigger" because he has a pre-conceived notion of black people in general and not because he wanted to insult her specifically. You also don't spell out what pre-conceived notion you think using the n-word implies. Yes, the n-word is only an insult which would work on black people, just like "fatso" can only be used on fat people, "bimbo" can only be used on females, and "dumb blonde" is typically directed at blonde females. That does not mean that when someone calls a person a bimbo that they believe all women are bimbos, nor does a person calling someone a dumb blonde imply that the person believes all blonde females are dumb.

As with "fatso", "bimbo" and "dumb blonde" the N-word is a judgement being made on someone's ad hominen characteristics that cannot be changed. Would you tell a fatso to undergo life-threatening liposuction surgery to be less of an eyesore for you? Or how 'bout a lobotomy and dye job for a dumb blonde bimbo? A black person will be a 'nigger' for life, so the mere suggestion of using it as an insult is like saying they shouldn't even exist. You're making a judgement on their whole being by that remark, and that's why it stings. The guard might have only thought that way about her, but why even entertain those proclivities in the first place?

The word "black" is also not neutral or equally applicable to peoples and nor is "African". Using those words would refer specifically to a persons biological attributes that they have no control over... yet for some reason a "black school" with "Africentric curriculum" somehow makes sense to you.

You can say all black persons' ancestry stems back to Africa, a continent where the vast majority of people are black and foreign mindsets constantly referred to as the Dark Continent. Africentricity therefore can be attributed to all black peoples, even those far removed from the African experience but nonetheless derivative of it.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned that calling someone a cracker wouldn't be the same.

I said so because blacks never abducted, relocated, raped, maimed, bludgeoned, pilfered, enslaved, dehumanized, deliberately kept poor and illiterate, scapegoated for all society's criminal ills and disrespected to the present-day white people. If you think time will ever heal anything, when 'society' stills keeps blacks at large at a socioeconomic and status disadvantage, why shouldn't I seek to change blacks' lot in the world? I said although any racial slur is taboo, 'cracker' isn't the bigger injustice of the two if the latter is uttered as a critique on the white-imposed oppression of racial minorities still to the present-day.

More B.S. speak. She didn't call him a cracker because she knew a-hole was insulting. What was this amazing news story that needed to be covered warranting the need to let her park where she wasn't supposed to. Contexts and subtexts?? She parks in an area she isn't supposed to, he tells her to move, she says its public property, he tells her to move, she calls him an a-hole, he calls her an f-ing n-word.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If we choose to look at this incident as a binary, you have to consider all possible angles and outcomes. The guard is still a guard. His livelihood and status unreproached by the incident. Who of the two got the rawer deal out of this? Her job was compromised by being denied access and she articulated her frustration. The ad hominen of either individual had never to come up.

Wrong. There is nothing eloquent about your type of speech. If you speak like that normally out in public people will not understand you and think you are a loon. If you think your speech is eloquent then you can explain what this means and why you thought it valuable to post

Then I'm in great company. Darwin was seen as a heretic in his day. Einstein was disgraced in the scientific community of his time thinking he was a quack. People readily dissed Malcolm X, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for being radicalist talkingheads that were holding blacks back, despite being the only ones giving blacks a public voice. Not that I'm saying what I'm doing's on the same level but right now I feel young, empowered, full of life and anxious to enact some social change.

Now my turn. Here's some patented black wisdom ;):

"Live for this. If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing!"

I said so because blacks never abducted, relocated, raped, maimed, bludgeoned, pilfered, enslaved, dehumanized, deliberately kept poor and illiterate, scapegoated for all society's criminal ills and disrespected to the present-day white people.

Once again the racist in you rears its head. You need to learn a bit of history before presenting your wacked out version of it as the truth. It's this kind of intellectual dishonesty that makes you look like a bigoted fool.

Once again the racist in you rears its head. You need to learn a bit of history before presenting your wacked out version of it as the truth. It's this kind of intellectual dishonesty that makes you look like a bigoted fool.

A handful of incidents in constrast to a well-documented, multigenerational, democratically sanctioned, will of the people movement to dehumanize blacks, doesn't collude my usage of never. Being so unilateral in your judgment of me would make you forget our actions have a quantitative affect. According to your logic an athiest who just pulled you out of a burning house will still be eternally damned for not believing in God. No friend, I believe it's you who put things in the wrong context yet again to sully my good name and in effect embarassed yourself for the umpteenth time.

mr-t-says.jpg

Use have to understand though that I try to incorporate alot of the terms I've learned in university to the discussion. I like to think of UT as a clever, deductive set that can figure their way through even enigmatic language.

Why bother using an enigmatic language if the point of the discussion is to discuss a topic. Enigmatic means perplexing. If you are using an enigmatic language on this forum then you are basically blowing smoke. Why would you seek to perplex if you actually had a point to make?

Overflows, brims. Brims, overflows. Normative discourse studies is apart of the journalism cirricula taught in most accredited colleges and universities. Just because it's unfamiliar jargon to you, doesn't make it BS language.

I'm quite familiar with the words. Again you are avoiding the question. How can you overflow with anonymity? Anonymity is the absence of something and is non-scalar... you can't overflow with a lack of something. You use words where they cannot be used to try and make yourself look intelligent with advanced vocabulary but you aren't succeeding because your use of the words, the structure of your sentences, and the logic of your arguments is nonsensical. You can only overflow with something that you can have more of... you can overflow with joy or overflow with knowledge but you can't overflow with anonymousness.

As with "fatso", "bimbo" and "dumb blonde" the N-word is a judgement being made on someone's ad hominen characteristics that cannot be changed. Would you tell a fatso to undergo life-threatening liposuction surgery to be less of an eyesore for you? Or how 'bout a lobotomy and dye job for a dumb blonde bimbo? A black person will be a 'nigger' for life, so the mere suggestion of using it as an insult is like saying they shouldn't even exist. You're making a judgement on their whole being by that remark, and that's why it stings.

So you are now in agreement that fatso, bimbo, dumb blonde, and the n-word are equally bad since they are attacking the characteristics of a person rather than the substance of the argument. You are also in agreement that calling someone an a-hole is equally bad because it attacks the person and not the argument?

The guard might have only thought that way about her

What way about her?

You can say all black persons' ancestry stems back to Africa, a continent where the vast majority of people are black and foreign mindsets constantly referred to as the Dark Continent. Africentricity therefore can be attributed to all black peoples, even those far removed from the African experience but nonetheless derivative of it.

You can say every human being alive today is of African ancestry. Studies have shown that everyone alive today is the descendant of a specific African female. Therefore we are all African and don't need a black school or an Afrocentric curriculum. You are still avoiding to respond directly to the point being made. You said people shouldn't use words that describe attributes a person can't control. Being black and of African decent isn't something someone can control yet you think it should be used to describe which people should go to a specific school.

I said so because blacks never abducted, relocated, raped, maimed, bludgeoned, pilfered, enslaved, dehumanized, deliberately kept poor and illiterate, scapegoated for all society's criminal ills and disrespected to the present-day white people.

Well whites don't generally do that to "present day black people" either. Blacks presently do that to themselves however if you have been reading the news on what is going on in Sudan and Kenya.

If you think time will ever heal anything, when 'society' stills keeps blacks at large at a socioeconomic and status disadvantage, why shouldn't I seek to change blacks' lot in the world?

Well this journalist obviously isn't at a socioeconomic and status disadvantage. He is a parking attendant whose voice will only be heard by those who enter his parking lot. She is a journalist whose voice and point of view is heard by the masses. He is most likely making a lower income than she is.

I said although any racial slur is taboo, 'cracker' isn't the bigger injustice of the two if the latter is uttered as a critique on the white-imposed oppression of racial minorities still to the present-day.

How are blacks being oppressed today?

Two wrongs don't make a right. If we choose to look at this incident as a binary, you have to consider all possible angles and outcomes. The guard is still a guard. His livelihood and status unreproached by the incident. Who of the two got the rawer deal out of this? Her job was compromised by being denied access and she articulated her frustration.

He got the raw deal. He is branded a racist, she is not branded a hateful witch. He was doing his job preventing her from parking where she wasn't allowed to. She could easily park down the street and still get access to the story.

Then I'm in great company. Darwin was seen as a heretic in his day. Einstein was disgraced in the scientific community of his time thinking he was a quack. People readily dissed Malcolm X, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for being radicalist talkingheads that were holding blacks back, despite being the only ones giving blacks a public voice.

Those people are scientists and great charismatic orators. You are neither. You can't put a logical thought together in a sentence which is clear and concise.

If you think your speech is eloquent then you can explain what this means and why you thought it valuable to post:

Not to nit-pick, but a hole is an intangible, arbitrary void. It cannot be personified. If anything her journalistic skills brim through by the usage.

Why bother using an enigmatic language if the point of the discussion is to discuss a topic. Enigmatic means perplexing. If you are using an enigmatic language on this forum then you are basically blowing smoke. Why would you seek to perplex if you actually had a point to make?

you can overflow with joy or overflow with knowledge but you can't overflow with anonymousness.

Simple: I want you to think. Life's not about cookie-cutter answers. Why should you validate my posts if they aren't impactful? You're acting like one of those people who complains when the movie ends in an unformulaic manner, saying "I don't get it". Being an asshole IS anonymous. Man, woman, rich, poor, young, old, black, white, Asian, gay, straight... you can be one regardless :rolleyes:!!

So you are now in agreement that fatso, bimbo, dumb blonde, and the n-word are equally bad since they are attacking the characteristics of a person rather than the substance of the argument. You are also in agreement that calling someone an a-hole is equally bad because it attacks the person and not the argument?

I never said her use of the word "asshole" was right either. You seem to think I'm giving her a free pass because we're both blacks. That's not the case and you should stop insinuating that I am.

What way about her?

You told me his use of the N-word on her was only about her and not all blacks. Now what argumentative pitfall are you trying to sink me into this time?

You can say every human being alive today is of African ancestry. Studies have shown that everyone alive today is the descendant of a specific African female. Therefore we are all African and don't need a black school or an Afrocentric curriculum. You are still avoiding to respond directly to the point being made. You said people shouldn't use words that describe attributes a person can't control. Being black and of African decent isn't something someone can control yet you think it should be used to describe which people should go to a specific school.

The black-focused school is welcoming of anyone of any racial background. How many times must I state this? Giving students a voice, a cause, a purpose, a way of life, an identity that wasn't pre-orchestrated by a system that systematically opposed their ancestors isn't bigoted. I applaud any non-black person who puts silly notions of skepticism aside and enrolls their kids too.

Well whites don't generally do that to "present day black people" either. Blacks presently do that to themselves however if you have been reading the news on what is going on in Sudan and Kenya.

Great, next you'll tell me the ethnic cleansing that occured between the Tootsie and Ihuitu peoples of Rwanda wasn't the result of Eurocentric dividending the political boundaries Africans set up for themselves, in order to stake colonial claims. It's all cause and effect!

Well this journalist obviously isn't at a socioeconomic and status disadvantage. He is a parking attendant whose voice will only be heard by those who enter his parking lot. She is a journalist whose voice and point of view is heard by the masses. He is most likely making a lower income than she is.

You'd think so. On average most journalists can barely flow above debt. Some are making as low as $30,000 a year and work hourly minimum wage. A vast number don't even earn that, praying for something to come out of freelancing. It really is a thankless job, where no one opens up to you in fear their secrets will be exposed for the world to see. Just the other day I looked in the newspaper, whammo security job positions $15-20/hr. My point, she may not be disadvantaged but members of her audience whom share her racial background might likely be. Is she not accountable to their lives too, getting these messages out there to enact change on their behalf?

How are blacks being oppressed today?

That's the most fucked up thing I've heard in this entire thread yet :mad:!!

He got the raw deal. He is branded a racist, she is not branded a hateful witch. He was doing his job preventing her from parking where she wasn't allowed to. She could easily park down the street and still get access to the story.

Are you saying that because she was in a position to broadcast her experience of real-life racism to the masses she shouldn't have? Do you not think that for every journalist that voices their plight, 10 more minorities won't and continue to walk around victimized with no support system or inspiration that things will ever get any better in their lives? The incident really isn't about her suffering, or even mine's, but rather the sea of silenced minorities who'll be conditioned into thinking this is just how Canada IS and always OUGHT TO BE. They won't demand respect and equality because they'll think they don't deserve it. That's the power of the uninhibited voice, friend, to vocalize the gangly silences into better tomorrows.

Those people are scientists and great charismatic orators. You are neither. You can't put a logical thought together in a sentence which is clear and concise.

If you think your speech is eloquent then you can explain what this means and why you thought it valuable to post:

If that we're truly the case Enviro, you wouldn't find enough logic within my posts with which to write out these episodic dissections. Don't turn into a hater now, I still like you. My point was none of those figures, apart from the last two, were universally accepted and praised while they were still alive. It took critical distance and assessment of their overall contributions to society and all humanity before their pariah status was done away with.

That's the most fucked up thing I've heard in this entire thread yet !!

You want to read 'fucked up'? read your own posts.
You can't even answer a simple question, which proves that the only thing you're interested in is perpetuating your racist agenda.

You're not doing your community any favours at all.

a continent where the vast majority of people are black and foreign mindsets constantly referred to as the Dark Continent.

The 'Dark Continent' was a romantic European way of referring to sub-Saharan Africa, a region that was largely unexplored and unknown. Certainly it was also understood as a double-entendre, but the label itself isn't actually derogatory.

Simple: I want you to think. Life's not about cookie-cutter answers. Why should you validate my posts if they aren't impactful? You're acting like one of those people who complains when the movie ends in an unformulaic manner, saying "I don't get it". Being an asshole IS anonymous. Man, woman, rich, poor, young, old, black, white, Asian, gay, straight... you can be one regardless :rolleyes:!!

Nonsense. The things you say are unintelligible and don't answer any question. This isn't supposed to be a movie or a show although your posts border on comedy. How can you overflow with anonymity?

I never said her use of the word "asshole" was right either. You seem to think I'm giving her a free pass because we're both blacks. That's not the case and you should stop insinuating that I am.

You said you believe his use of the n-word has something to do with his views of black people in general. You did not say that her use of the word a-hole has something to do with her views of all white parking attendants.

You told me his use of the N-word on her was only about her and not all blacks. Now what argumentative pitfall are you trying to sink me into this time?

I want you to answer the question. You say that he used the n-word due to beliefs he has about black people. I want you to tell me what those beliefs are that you think he has. I want you to tell me what the n-word implies in this case.

The black-focused school is welcoming of anyone of any racial background. How many times must I state this?

You said black-focused. You are focusing on an attribute that people can't control.

I applaud any non-black person who puts silly notions of skepticism aside and enrolls their kids too.

Why would a non-black person enrol in this school? Nothing that is being mentioned seems to indicate that this school will better prepare students for university or the workforce. How will a focus on African studies better meet the requirements for university admission or the workplace? What jobs would require these new skills and what was removed from the original curriculum in order to be able to fit it in?

Great, next you'll tell me the ethnic cleansing that occured between the Tootsie and Ihuitu peoples of Rwanda wasn't the result of Eurocentric dividending the political boundaries

No, I already stated in an earlier post that what is happening in Africa is related in part to putting certain clans/tribes in positions of power and others in positions of weakness. But whites didn't do that in the "present day". Here is what I posted already:

EnviroTO said:
The problems in Rwanda are probably more directly related to white involvement than what is occurring in North American black communities today.

Did I not make it clear enough for you to understand? My language overflows with nuances and brims with language you might not be able to comprehend. :rolleyes:

My point, she may not be disadvantaged but members of her audience whom share her racial background might likely be. Is she not accountable to their lives too, getting these messages out there to enact change on their behalf?

Other people of white background are disadvantaged as well. She is not accountable for the things she cannot control, including the lives of others.

That's the most fucked up thing I've heard in this entire thread yet :mad:!!

You haven't answered the question and you obviously haven't read your own posts if you think that is true. I guess the fact you didn't answer the question is evidence that you can't think of anything.

Are you saying that because she was in a position to broadcast her experience of real-life racism to the masses she shouldn't have?

Show me a quote where I mention anything about what she should and should not broadcast.

Do you not think that for every journalist that voices their plight, 10 more minorities won't and continue to walk around victimized with no support system or inspiration that things will ever get any better in their lives?

Other people who are victimized after calling people a-holes? Other people who have been called a bad word?

The incident really isn't about her suffering, or even mine's, but rather the sea of silenced minorities who'll be conditioned into thinking this is just how Canada IS and always OUGHT TO BE.

The suffering of being called a bad word after calling someone else a bad word first? How ought Canada be? A black lady calls a guy an a-hole and the guy should respond because she is black and all whites should automatically seek to make blacks feel good about themselves "fine lady, feel free to park where you ought not to and if you like you can feel free to call me other obscenities as it would be my pleasure to empower you with my own humiliation."

They won't demand respect and equality because they'll think they don't deserve it.

Low self-esteem hits a large number of people in the population. As a parking attendant I bet he doesn't wear his job title with pride.

If that we're truly the case Enviro, you wouldn't find enough logic within my posts with which to write out these episodic dissections.

No. People talk to plants, pets, and babies. That doesn't make the plants, pets, or babies logical.

Don't turn into a hater now, I still like you.

I would prefer you stayed indifferent. I don't need an illogical friend that uses an advanced vocabulary simply to blow smoke into a discussion.

My point was none of those figures, apart from the last two, were universally accepted and praised while they were still alive. It took critical distance and assessment of their overall contributions to society and all humanity before their pariah status was done away with.

None of them apart from the last two... you only named five. None except for the 40% who are? Everyone understood what all five said or are saying.

DENTROBATE54 said:
Not to nit-pick, but a hole is an intangible, arbitrary void. It cannot be personified. If anything her journalistic skills brim through by the usage.

i'm soo sory dentrobate but WTF were you trying to say?

enviro, i have to disagree for reasons of perplexed axonial circumstances. the brimification of the intangible hypotenuse is showcased through the repeated ramifications of arbitrary negative stereocenters to have a potential of 5Kev. the anonymity of the sovereignentity is unchanged irregardless of positive fluctuations of hole radius even if its compounded semiquaverly. as for stratospheric particulates, the flush valve has a displacement of 3 imperial gallons, so as to flip the pancake. don't even get me started on the micro rna's of total signal dissipation. lest we forget the diameter of railway spikes at our own indifferences.

enviro, i have to disagree for reasons of perplexed axonial circumstances. the brimification of the intangible hypotenuse is showcased through the repeated ramifications of arbitrary negative stereocenters to have a potential of 5Kev. the anonymity of the sovereignentity is unchanged irregardless of positive fluctuations of hole radius even if its compounded semiquaverly. as for stratospheric particulates, the flush valve has a displacement of 3 imperial gallons, so as to flip the pancake. don't even get me started on the micro rna's of total signal dissipation. lest we forget the diameter of railway spikes at our own indifferences.

I don't speak like that and we all know it :rolleyes:!

Nonsense. The things you say are unintelligible and don't answer any question. This isn't supposed to be a movie or a show although your posts border on comedy. How can you overflow with anonymity?

I never said she as a person overflowed with anonymity, her actions did. Being an asshole is anonymous as any person non-specific to their ad hominen can be called one. Why are you continually asking a question I didn't preposition in the first place?

I want you to tell me what those beliefs are that you think he has. I want you to tell me what the n-word implies in this case.

He obviously said "nigger" to dehumanize and humiliate her.

You said black-focused. You are focusing on an attribute that people can't control.

Because historically non-black persons have used that attribute to morally justify denying blacks basic human rights and priviledges like access to good jobs, neighborhoods and educations.

Nothing that is being mentioned seems to indicate that this school will better prepare students for university or the workforce. How will a focus on African studies better meet the requirements for university admission or the workplace?

So are you saying you already think that this school is inferior to the eurocentric cirricula of general schools without seeing it action or taking the success of similar programs in Halifax and Detroit as a sign that these kids are better off? Kids on the verge of dropping out of public school aren't going to university but perhaps another instituition (jail) would be your preferrence for them.

What jobs would require these new skills and what was removed from the original curriculum in order to be able to fit it in?

Asking students wtf it is they want to be taught and how to best accomodate their needs and interests, creates a cirricula that stimulates the right stuff and rejects the garbage filth that won't be applicable to their future careers anyway. So why waste time and resources promoting subject matter that won't mentally stimulate students enough to keep them interested in learning?

Did I not make it clear enough for you to understand? My language overflows with nuances and brims with language you might not be able to comprehend.

1995 is still pretty recent. Furthermore when its foreign gov'ts supplying the various sides of a conflict with arsenals, they in effect orchestrated the bloody terror and even genocide. Maybe that's their ultimate goal, a world without black people.

Other people of white background are disadvantaged as well. She is not accountable for the things she cannot control, including the lives of others.

They weren't enslaved and segregated. Statistically poor whites are even more racist than the elites since the latter can distance themselves.

Show me a quote where I mention anything about what she should and should not broadcast.

Quote:

If you think she's a hateful witch, what validity would you have for that assumption other than that she shouldn't have publicized his usage of the N-word on her?

Other people who are victimized after calling people a-holes? Other people who have been called a bad word?

A vast majority never instigate verbal/physical/sexual abuse, it just attacks them for no logical reason.

Low self-esteem hits a large number of people in the population. As a parking attendant I bet he doesn't wear his job title with pride.

And the way you'd tackle that is what? People need inspiration and encouragement sometimes to show them a way through their hardships. The guard probably benefited too by learning not to mess with minorities and think you can get away with it (although technically he has).

None of them apart from the last two... you only named five. None except for the 40% who are? Everyone understood what all five said or are saying.

Darwin. Einstein. X. Jackson. Sharpton. The last two obviously aren't dead yet. Had I not made the distinction you would've said I'm illogical because the last two are still alive. Seriously, play your stupid mindgames with someone else if you have nothing further contributive to add to this topic discussion!

I don't speak like that and we all know it :rolleyes:!

I think you do talk like that.

I never said she as a person overflowed with anonymity, her actions did.

OK. How can her actions overflow with anonymity?

Being an asshole is anonymous as any person non-specific to their ad hominen can be called one. Why are you continually asking a question I didn't preposition in the first place?

Calling a specific person an asshole does not having anything to do with anonymity. Everyone knows that it is a specific white parking attendant that was called an a-hole and his name and colour did not remain anonymous.

He obviously said "nigger" to dehumanize and humiliate her.

Obviously she said a-hole for similar reasons. If he had said "get out of the parking lot you f-ing tramp it still would have been to dehumanize and humiliate her. You still didn't spell out what the n-word meant in this context unless you are saying that it translates to "hey you inhuman disgusting thing" (inhuman = dehumanizing insult, disgusting thing = insult to reduce dignity) which sounds a lot like a description for an "asshole" to me.

Because historically non-black persons have used that attribute to morally justify denying blacks basic human rights and priviledges like access to good jobs, neighborhoods and educations.

With that logic because singling out blacks was done historically we should feel free to continue to single them out based on attributes they cannot change?

So are you saying you already think that this school is inferior to the eurocentric cirricula of general schools without seeing it action or taking the success of similar programs in Halifax and Detroit as a sign that these kids are better off?

It doesn't matter if they graduate if upon graduation they are not better prepared for the workforce or further studies. As I stated before you can keep them out of jail by simply occupying them with food, sport, movies, music, and video games. You need to show that they will learn more useful things (i.e. things related to what employers and universities need) for graduation to mean anything. Coming out of high school with the knowledge of African culture is irrelevant to the jobs available.

Kids on the verge of dropping out of public school aren't going to university but perhaps another instituition (jail) would be your preferrence for them.

So you have given up on them. You think the people that would go to this school are incapable of going to university.

Asking students wtf it is they want to be taught and how to best accomodate their needs and interests, creates a cirricula that stimulates the right stuff and rejects the garbage filth that won't be applicable to their future careers anyway. So why waste time and resources promoting subject matter that won't mentally stimulate students enough to keep them interested in learning?

Where was the survey on what kids want to be taught? Who said these kids want to learn African studies? They could have been learning African studies in their spare time but obviously they aren't that interested if they haven't done so. People have decided because they are black dropouts that they must automatically need to learn African studies.

Had an errand to run so I didn't get through responding to this:

Asking students what they want to take in high school would not create a high school graduate which has the skills that society requires. Students learn what they are most interested in automatically in their own spare time. In addition, many students don't even know what they want to do yet in high school. The current curriculum in a normal school is set up with base courses that the ministry has determined are essential and then there are additional electives. If students don't want to learn English or French, math and science too bad for them because Canada requires people which have a basic understanding of these things. If you want to replace math with African crafts that doesn't create a useful graduate. If the only point is to replace one elective course with another that is something that can be done at the existing schools in the existing curriculum. I think it is pretty racist to say that because a person has dark skin there is no point preparing them for university, that they can't possibly be interested in the same things other students are, and that they automatically want to take an African history course.

1995 is still pretty recent.

In 1995 Rwanda had been independent for 33 years.

Furthermore when its foreign gov'ts supplying the various sides of a conflict with arsenals, they in effect orchestrated the bloody terror and even genocide.

The various sides bought the weapons. Anyone can buy a weapon.

Maybe that's their ultimate goal, a world without black people.

You think so? I think that we could achieve that objective a lot faster if that was the actual objective.

They weren't enslaved and segregated. Statistically poor whites are even more racist than the elites since the latter can distance themselves.

I haven't read those statistics. What do those statistics show for blacks being racist towards whites?

If you think she's a hateful witch, what validity would you have for that assumption other than that she shouldn't have publicized his usage of the N-word on her?

She called him an a-hole. That is evidence she is hateful.

A vast majority never instigate verbal/physical/sexual abuse, it just attacks them for no logical reason.

Other than people with turrets there aren't to many people walking down the street uttering unprovoked profanities at anyone. Usually crimes of verbal, physical, and sexual abuse occur between people that know each other. In this case he attacked her because of what happened. He didn't pick a black lady at random out of a crowd.

And the way you'd tackle that is what? People need inspiration and encouragement sometimes...

Sure they do. That has nothing to do with African studies though.

The guard probably benefited too by learning not to mess with minorities and think you can get away with it (although technically he has).

No he hasn't got away with it. He has been branded a racist in the media with no research to prove it. He might have learned it is better to avoid black people because they are very easily upset and are more trouble than they are worth. She has learned that she can call white people any name she wants and if they respond with an insult she can claim racism and the media will listen.

Darwin. Einstein. X. Jackson. Sharpton. The last two obviously aren't dead yet. Had I not made the distinction you would've said I'm illogical because the last two are still alive.

What is illogical about being alive or dead? The illogical part is saying "none" followed by a statement that shows 40% are not included. It is like saying something is "free" except for paying 40% of the total price.

Seriously, play your stupid mindgames with someone else if you have nothing further contributive to add to this topic discussion!

Who is playing mind games? You even admitted that you are using a "enigmatic language" which means you are seeking to perplex. That is a mind game. I am only quoting you word for word and typing straight forward and easy to understand sentences.

You said you think your words are eloquent. In response I challenge you to make sense of your own posting. What are you trying to say when you posted:

I think you do talk like that. OK. How can her actions overflow with anonymity?

Of course if you break down my comments into stand-alone sentences as you've done many times now, when it takes the whole paragraph to get the whole fucking gist, scope and concept of said statement of course I'll sound like that :rolleyes:!

Calling a specific person an asshole does not having anything to do with anonymity. Everyone knows that it is a specific white parking attendant that was called an a-hole and his name and colour did not remain anonymous.

And now the world knows she's a 'nigger' and will probably get blacklisted from any future journalist outlets because she suddenly becomes the 'black problem' in their lily-white sometimes yellow corporations. Places where editorial self-manipulation of what's of news value allows their psychological predispositions about black issues to cloud their objectivity.

Obviously she said a-hole for similar reasons. If he had said "get out of the parking lot you f-ing tramp it still would have been to dehumanize and humiliate her. You still didn't spell out what the n-word meant in this context unless you are saying that it translates to "hey you inhuman disgusting thing" (inhuman = dehumanizing insult, disgusting thing = insult to reduce dignity) which sounds a lot like a description for an "asshole" to me.

Then they're even then. It still doesn't make the incident any less detrimental for a descendant of slaves and the segregated.

With that logic because singling out blacks was done historically we should feel free to continue to single them out based on attributes they cannot change?

Historical racism was done to harm the quality of life of blacks. Segregation by choice hopes to correct society's unfair treatment of the black community. We could sit on our hands and wait for the establishment to accomodate 'our' social concerns but since it's oh been 500 years of oppression, I think we're done waiting.

It doesn't matter if they graduate if upon graduation they are not better prepared for the workforce or further studies.

By whose authority, the racist regime that'll invalidate a job candidate because they just happened to choose to attend an africentric aschool over dropping out altogether? What, we don't reward good work ethic, drive and initiative in this country anymore?

As I stated before you can keep them out of jail by simply occupying them with food, sport, movies, music, and video games.

So they can remain wards of the state and welfare babies; in contrast to your bluebloods and trust fund brats?

You need to show that they will learn more useful things (i.e. things related to what employers and universities need) for graduation to mean anything. Coming out of high school with the knowledge of African culture is irrelevant to the jobs available.

Only a bigoted mind would see africentricity as a negative. I guess you've missed the dozen or so times in the "TDSB ponders black-focused schools..." thread where I said the cirricula would only slightly variate from the regular system's.

So you have given up on them. You think the people that would go to this school are incapable of going to university.

No. I think society has. I think the negrophobes on this very website have. If you drop out of regular schools, you don't have the grades to go anywhere. This is the second chance at life, the unforgiving general system hasn't allotted other black dropouts up to this point and doesn't seem willing to rectify.

Where was the survey on what kids want to be taught? Who said these kids want to learn African studies?

I interviewed my high-school aged associates and they in turn questioned their friends. The overwhelming feedback I got was positive and in favor of a better tomorrow for what was once uncertainty and paranoia. See the difference when you actually give a fuck about the people you're defending, instead of backing a racist parking attendent who doesn't know you exist!?!

Had an errand to run so I didn't get through responding to this

Oh no problem, I know it takes time to come up with this number of brainfarts to hurl at innocent people trying to save other individuals from racism.

Asking students what they want to take in high school would not create a high school graduate which has the skills that society requires. Students learn what they are most interested in automatically in their own spare time.

Making standardized cirricula more appealing to students, universally leads to better comprehension of course materials. I'm not even wasting time reading the rest of that.

In 1995 Rwanda had been independent for 33 years.

Are you slow or what? That's when the genocide occured stupid. Go watch Don Cheadle's movie "Hotel Rwanda" for a history lesson.

The various sides bought the weapons. Anyone can buy a weapon.

The various Western/Pacific Rim superpowers, venture capitalists and TNCs funded a life-destroying war, a political-upheaving of natural resource-enriched nations to exploit and deprive local citizens a stake in of their own industries. Anyone could of said "no, this is immoral" :rolleyes:!

I think that we could achieve that objective a lot faster if that was the actual objective.

Yes but black-on-black violence would wash the blood off your hands, now wouldn't it? Nothing sells by-lines like "whites are completely culpability free in the orchestration of this mass genocide," right?

I haven't read those statistics. What do those statistics show for blacks being racist towards whites?

Maybe that exists because every time blacks come at you people straight for justice and equality, you spit in their faces and tell them it's raining!

She called him an a-hole. That is evidence she is hateful.

Stupid is as stupid does. If he was any type of moral victim in this, he wouldn't have resorted to the dirtiest, lowest common denominator in the book. He could have told her respectfully to park somewhere else, case closed!

Other than people with turrets there aren't to many people walking down the street uttering unprovoked profanities at anyone.

Someone did to me. I was minding my own fucking business and they came up into my face spewing "nigger". Don't talk shit of what you don't know :mad:!

Sure they do. That has nothing to do with African studies though.

I never said it had to do with African studies. Can you not separate your bigotry from reason for one second to see the conversation has transitioned from that? Are you that slow? I was talking about support groups, a relatable voice that lived through similar experiences and survived racism themselves.

No he hasn't got away with it. He has been branded a racist in the media with no research to prove it.

Do you know what he looks like? His SIN card number? His home address? His phone number? Do you know any identifible aspects about this person that'd stop him from future infractions against minorities? I wouldn't worry about any retaliation against your friend beyond a bleep-on-the-radar branding from the media that's less dehumanizing than branding he's committed. SLAPS ON THE WRIST!!

He might have learned it is better to avoid black people because they are very easily upset and are more trouble than they are worth.

An association with hypocrites, liars and back-stabbers is an association black people can do without. Treat us with respect, we're the nicest people on earth. Fuck with us, we give it back tenfold!

She has learned that she can call white people any name she wants and if they respond with an insult she can claim racism and the media will listen.

As a journalist she's in aposition to do so. I couldn't complain to the police some 'human being' called me the N-word on a TTC bus. I'd be laughed out of the precinct or worse told my complexion made me worthy of such abuse! Consider the example she made out of him is justified for 500 years of oppression and lack of media presence for black social issues until very recently.

What is illogical about being alive or dead?

Everything I post you dissect into little fragemnts which stand alone might cause confusion. In response you've constantly called said comments "illogical". Do you live to embarass people for speaking their minds or are you that dim-witted you'd spend this much time setting up rhetorical questions you know I can't or rather, refuse to dignify with an answer?

Who is playing mind games? You even admitted that you are using a "enigmatic language" which means you are seeking to perplex.

You sir are. Unlike you, I take people's advice, respect their opinions and make accomodations in order for everyone to get along. You said to dumb it down into a ready-made, easily-accessable lingua franca I did it. You on the other hand have been a greater foil on my side than even that troll that keeps pestering me.

You said you think your words are eloquent. In response I challenge you to make sense of your own posting. What are you trying to say when you posted:

How pathetic, you keeps stirring up shit that has no basis on this discussion. I guess someone like you can easily identify with an intangible, arbitrary void that cannot be personified :p!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back