News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Rule: No more apologizing for cell-phone quality! We are all lucky to have photos of any sort posted on this forum! Besides, I think it gives UT a gonzo-esque form of guerilla jornalism and documentation.

Last edited:
Gonzo esque well said Barrytron.
Wow look at the density as you go west of the dome, its pretty amazing how quickly this has happened. what a shot, what a town.

Gonzo esque well said Barrytron.
Wow look at the density as you go west of the dome, its pretty amazing how quickly this has happened. what a shot, what a town.

yeah, amazing! and its only getting more and more dense! in 5 years this view will be one of the most engaging and vibrant in the city...especially with all the entertainment district developments :D :)

RBC picking up intense sunset reflections from Royal Bank Towers. I wonder what it's like inside the building.

rbcfire2.jpg

rbcfire.jpg

Anybody else notice that RBC Centre is always blue? What happened to all the other colours?

Blue is the RBC colour, hence why it is always blue. They use the other colours for special periods of time (ie. Christmas (Red, Green)

This new restaurant should do well being next door to the Ritz.

afbJp.jpg

0KGNj.jpg

Are the LEDs still turned off at RBC Dexia? The last 3 or 4 times I was downtown, at night, the usual blue LED strip was shut off. Does anyone have any info as to why and if this is still the case?

Are the LEDs still turned off at RBC Dexia? The last 3 or 4 times I was downtown, at night, the usual blue LED strip was shut off. Does anyone have any info as to why and if this is still the case?

They go off at midnight, which is stupid. A lot of buildings turn off their lighting features at around midnight or 1am.

^^ why is it stupid to turn off lights when most people won't be looking at it?

it's not a Toronto thing, rather an internatinal norm. When i visited, I found out Shanghai's lights go off at 11PM (or was it 11:30), and it was quite a scene to watch all the lights shut off almost at once.

What's the point of having them (especially when disguised as the building's "art feature") when during our busiest time of the year for people going out and tourism, they go off 2 1/2 hours after sunset? Keep them on until 3am when the clubs and movie cinemas have closed and people gone home.

What's the point of having them (especially when disguised as the building's "art feature") when during our busiest time of the year for people going out and tourism, they go off 2 1/2 hours after sunset? Keep them on until 3am when the clubs and movie cinemas have closed and people gone home.

Thanks. They are indeed pointless if they're only used for a couple of hours each night. As you mentioned, 3am sounds more reasonable.

Back