News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Starting tonight RBC has changed their stationary "RBC Blue" rooftop LED's to swiping red and green. I can't see below that but I presume the rest of the LED's are the same. It looks nice for a change.

Just got home from the Leafs game and can confirm this... its the entire tower that switches colour, not just the crown. :)

Starting tonight RBC has changed their stationary "RBC Blue" rooftop LED's to swiping red and green. I can't see below that but I presume the rest of the LED's are the same. It looks nice for a change.

Here you go.

2rbc1a.jpg

By torontovibe, shot with KODAK DX7590 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-12-21

wintersolsticedec212009.jpg

By torontovibe, shot with DSC-N1 at 2009-12-21

Last edited:
RBC Lantern - Christmas Colours

Closeup shots of RBC's lantern when LED's are red and green using a 55-250mm lens from my POV on December 23rd

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

uh oh....

Trouble keeping the lights on at RBC Centre
Tara Perkins

It may be too much of a good thing. The new $420-million 43-storey RBC Centre downtown Toronto, billed as the city’s greenest office tower, was painstakingly designed to meet strict environmental standards.

The 1.2-million-square-foot building, owned and operated by Cadillac Fairview Corp. Ltd. (which itself is owned by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan), feels a bit like something out of a sci fi flick, with, for example, blinds that automatically lower when the light shines in. But, sources say, the motion-sensor lights are posing a bit of a problem for tenants (RBC and RBC Dexia occupy about half of the building): they keep going off in meetings. Sounds like the builders didn’t take into account the catatonic state that some meetings can induce.

I do find the lack of PATH retail a bit baffling. It reminds me of Montreal where most of the underground city is just bare corridors. It's sort of fascinating when you're walking through the parking garage, as if the cars are on display.

I do find the lack of PATH retail a bit baffling. It reminds me of Montreal where most of the underground city is just bare corridors. It's sort of fascinating when you're walking through the parking garage, as if the cars are on display.

But there is the Simcoe place and Metro Centre retail concourses literally steps away... Do we really need another Tims/Burger King/Thai food/other coffee/sub place in the area? Seems like you can never please people on one side we are inundated with retail and on the other we aren't getting enough. Not an attack you you unimaginative per se, but just a comment on the attitudes that are shown sometimes.

Does anyone know what is going on with the main PATH connection between Metro Centre and Simcoe Place (via RBC Dexia)? It has been dry-walled over barely a year after it openned leaving thousands of people on their lunch today very confused.

Back