News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Update from today. Not much has changed since the last update.

img3390lx7.jpg

img3391sb3.jpg

img3392yp0.jpg

Got very simlar pics to above ^^^. But I'll post them anyway

I think they will be pushing the forms up very soon. :)

DSC_1209.jpg

DSC_1211.jpg

Ed, your two photos remind me that once the RBC and Ritz towers are up, Metro Square may finally feel like a square, as squares need the definite boundaries that have been missing to the south.

The square will no doubt be much livelier as well, particularly at weekday lunchtimes in favourable weather. Whether it will be lively in the evenings however, is still yet to be seen, but the completion of these buildings will no doubt bring more attention to this often forgotten public amenity.

Meanwhile, the square, if everything is still on course, is about to get a makeover as the new home of Canada's Walk of Fame. Despite no peeps out of the Walk that I can remember in the last year since the move was announced, their website still has still has full details of the move and states that construction could start as early as this fall. Here's the link if you're interested.

This thing has been stalled at the same hieght for over 2 months. Glad to see it finally moving skyward again.

__

As for Metro Square it will be more lively...and don't forget once the TIFF opens down the street on King that will have positive effects on the area too. Metro Square will be surrounded by

Royal Alexandria
Roy Thomson Hall
TIFF
Metro Hall
CBC
Ritz
RBC..

Media-Entertainment, Glitz, Finance & Public Administration not too bad...

This thing has been stalled at the same hieght for over 2 months. Glad to see it finally moving skyward again.

The core was stalled but not the floors around it which have continued to rise. As has the area in the pit which is quickly rising to the street.

The day cladding starts going on I will die from excitement.

In addition to the Walk of Fame that interchange mentioned, the City has recently dedicated that part of Metro Square immediately to the west of Roy Thomson Hall - where the grassy oval is - to be named Glenn Gould Place. I don't know if it will be used for public concerts, but the location is appropriately symbolic - between the CBC headquarters and the home of the Toronto Symphony.

The day cladding starts going on I will die from excitement.
^ you probably shouldn't look at the cladding then... or at least wait until it's complete before you look so you can see the finished product before you expire. ;-)

In addition to the Walk of Fame that interchange mentioned, the City has recently dedicated that part of Metro Square immediately to the west of Roy Thomson Hall - where the grassy oval is - to be named Glenn Gould Place. I don't know if it will be used for public concerts, but the location is appropriately symbolic - between the CBC headquarters and the home of the Toronto Symphony.

Isn't one of the parks at Avenue & St. Clair named for him? The one with the Peter Pan statue?

Back