News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Looks on the webcam like they're starting to put up forms for the ground level of the podium. We should see the beginnings of the RBC/Ritz streetwall before the end of the year!

From Queens Quay.

2041186729_20f2e6fe22_o.jpg

2041984096_6c157525fa_o.jpg

I realize this is off-topic but that first picture made me think. I wonder if someday a streetcar will run from Queen's Quay up Simcoe, west on Queen and perhaps further north along McCaul. I suppose it wouldn't receive huge ridership but the more north-south connections leading to the waterfront the better.

^^Not a bad idea at all. On a side note, but related..I have often wondered why there is no meandering of streetcar routes? There is no reason why this isn't possible, and it could increase ridership in areas?

p5

Toronto being a grid city with such strong north-south and east-west routes, I'm not sure a meandering streetcar route would work very well....

They had plenty before the subway opened. I also don't think there's currently any particular need with the grid system.

The Carlton car meanders all over the place once it crosses east of Yonge and generally without incident. I say, if they want to meander, let 'em!

love those shots looking up Simcoe St. ! Thats going to really help the area south of the railway tracks become an active part of the downtown core.... or atleast one more location for a traffic jam.

Caltrane, the plastic surgery went well for you!

hehe.. ( funny guy!!)

yes, when the extention is completed the railway tracks will feel more imbedded into the downtown core. Kind of like how the rail system is in Tokyo, where the rails are a part of the urban enviroment.

In toronto the rails seem to be seperated from what's happening around them. Maybe the importance of a good rail network will dawn on more people as they walk and drive underneath them everyday.

Just realized how dark my postings have been for my last round of shots. My laptop settings at home must be way off. I'll repost or take a new batch this coming weekend.

Back