News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Glass going up on the southwest corner of the tower means the podium doesn't go all the way to the south. I guess they'll leave some sort of courtyard back there.

Now that Caltrane has succumbed... I see no reason to keep this forum alive. Life support systems are very expensive and the moderators are earning less than $43,000 per annum for their work on this web site. RIP Urban Toronto. I'll miss you.

I'm closing this thread. Is everyone out?

Caltrane, seriously, what the hell do you mean 'not "that great"'? Where is this coming from?

Well in a side by side comparison of glass between RBC and Simcoe Place... I think the glass on Simcoe Place is better.

Of course, time will tell.

Look at the Simcoe Place glass in the background and the RBC glass in the foreground...whats going on here?

2099718916_4a8258a7c0_o.jpg

Now that Caltrane has succumbed... I see no reason to keep this forum alive. Life support systems are very expensive and the moderators are earning less than $43,000 per annum for their work on this web site. RIP Urban Toronto. I'll miss you.

Don't give up, it's just one negative comment. ( I hardly ever say anything negative about any project)

I just can't understand why everyone thinks this project blows the doors off BAC.......

Don't give up, it's just one negative comment. ( I hardly ever say anything negative about any project)

I just can't understand why everyone thinks this project blows the doors off BAC.......
I think it's because this project will be much more noticeable in the skyline. This is a fantastic building for this spot in terms of height and design.

The design of BAC is fine, but it's underwhelmingly short for its location. It's a very large building, but its height is nothing special, and frankly a little disappointing compared to other buildings in the neighbourhood.

well, the new glass needs to be polished and I'm sure the fact that its a gray day in these photos doesnt help. The pics from a couple pages back, with the sun glinting off the glass made it look much better!

I was just on Wellington about an hour ago and there were around 7-10 Cement trucks lined up waiting to get onto the site. Every crane had its lights on and the whole place was a flurry of activity. Didn't see anymore glass though.

The design of BAC is fine, but it's underwhelmingly short for its location. It's a very large building, but its height is nothing special, and frankly a little disappointing compared to other buildings in the neighbourhood.

Wow ... if either of these two buildings are to be considered too short, I'd say RBC is. RBC is only prominent from the lake view of the skyline. From the west it will be mostly blocked by the Ritz, from the east it will be blocked by the MINT towers, and from the North BA will be much more prominent. I think RBC's greatest asset isn't its contribution to the skyline at all, but its contribution to the streetwall. The giant podium along Wellington will be such a huge improvement.

IMHO, RBC is going to look kind of squattish, just like Simcoe Place, or Royal Bank Plaza, whereas Bay Adelaide is going to soar like most of the MINT towers. It will provide a nice stepping off point north of Scotia/FCP, right now the cluster looks incomplete the way it drops off from 280m down to nothing.

I'm with Caltrane, Bay Adelaide is strictly in a class above RBC. Although I think it's still too early to judge the glass.

Wow ... if either of these two buildings are to be considered too short, I'd say RBC is. RBC is only prominent from the lake view of the skyline. From the west it will be mostly blocked by the Ritz, from the east it will be blocked by the MINT towers, and from the North BA will be much more prominent. I think RBC's greatest asset isn't its contribution to the skyline at all, but its contribution to the streetwall. The giant podium along Wellington will be such a huge improvement.

IMHO, RBC is going to look kind of squattish, just like Simcoe Place, or Royal Bank Plaza, whereas Bay Adelaide is going to soar like most of the MINT towers. It will provide a nice stepping off point north of Scotia/FCP, right now the cluster looks incomplete the way it drops off from 280m down to nothing.

I'm with Caltrane, Bay Adelaide is strictly in a class above RBC. Although I think it's still too early to judge the glass.
Given its height and most skyline renderings I've seen, however accurate, show that RBC contributes a great deal in the more or less empty space between the CBD and the condos at Spadina looking north, being around 10 floors and 115 feet or so taller than Simcoe Place.

BAC is a box, which I maintain we actually need more of, so it's great in that respect, but ultimately it's just filler.

BAC is a box, which I maintain we actually need more of, so it's great in that respect, but ultimately it's just filler.

Personally I think they will both make a nice impact, but that BAC is underrated around here and will look a lot better than it does in the renderings. We will see. ;)

Back