News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

RE: Ritz Glass

Actually, the Ritz has recently deliberated that their glass is going to be completely transparent. So no, it won't be quite like RBC's... But it will definitely be interesting! :p

^^Yeah that does look like the initial elements of the box, however, I was just curious to know why it hasn't been progressing along with the rest of the building? by the way thanks..p5

Excavation of the tower portion of the site was completed first. They needed to excavate and build up the underground portion in order to complete the new loading docks for Simcoe Place (off of Simcoe, south of Wellington). Once the new loading docks were finished and in operation, then excavation of the podium section could begin because the driveway to the old loading docks was located there.

I'm not sure about that cladding. I extended the cladding in Photoshop to see how it would look with it all in and to me, it looks kind of cheap. I'm not a fan of that shade of green/blue. It looks like something that goes on a condo tower, not an office tower. Oh and thanks current for taking the pictures :)

rbcia5.jpg

neggbird (SSC) did this mock-up in Photoshop. The RBC glass when complete will be absolutely stunning!!!

Photo taken Jan 2 from the parking lot across Bay Street from the ACC looking west at the RBC tower rising in front of Metro Hall.

2159829267_15af0f2b38_b.jpg

Southeast corner
2160800088_599750d7d1_b.jpg

Gold RBC reflection on new RBC Centre windows
2160800098_8ddc585c08_b.jpg

2161007362_5bfe78aac6_b.jpg

Back