News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Phew. Thank god, because there really aren't enough of them around. They barely have a market saturation of one per city block, it's pretty pathetic so far.

There's a reason why there's a Starbucks on every block.
There are probably 3 Starbucks within 3 minutes of my office (King & York).
All 3 are busy pretty much 24/7 and there is always a lineup.
At 2 of them, i've never seen the line less than 5 deep.

Say what you will, whenever I see that green and white I get all weak in the knees...

Bring 'em on!

Haha, don't get me wrong, I go to Starbucks almost daily. There are other coffees that taste better, but few can match the strength of the Bold. If anyone knows of anything more potent, I'm all ears.

There's a reason why there's a Starbucks on every block.
There are probably 3 Starbucks within 3 minutes of my office (King & York).
All 3 are busy pretty much 24/7 and there is always a lineup.
At 2 of them, i've never seen the line less than 5 deep.

there's also a reason their stock price has plummeted nearly 80% since late 2006... they are simply over-saturated

(and their woes began long before this 'financial crisis')

Certain neighbourhoods notwithstanding they are not as saturated in Canada as they are in the States.

This is oversaturated (Robson St in Vancouver)
245921815_fdecdc0237.jpg

Image by orangejack off Flickr

Considering the concentration of employment in the area, I don't think Starbucks has oversaturated downtown Toronto.

hahaha. i live down the street from jet fuel. the service is 'terrible' if you're not from the area. it's a very exclusive espresso bar. i'm a newer resident so i can't say that i'm one of the boys. having said that, it's a great place to be. it's energetic, its fun, and it's artistic. oh yea, and the coffee will have you up for a couple of days.

Last edited:
Jet Fuel, but that requires being at Parliament and Carlton.

EDIT: And enduring terrible, terrible service.

Well I'm by Parliament and King, so that's convenient enough as I've been meaning to try them out. I like the sounds of coffee that'll keep me up for a couple of days as well.

Starbucks do pick some odd locations, there is a new one at Church and Adelaide, which is all well and good, but there are also branches at Church and Shuter and Adelaide and Yonge, this seems like overkill to me. I know that Spire is just there, but there can't be that many who partake of the strong stuff.

Starbucks do pick some odd locations, there is a new one at Church and Adelaide, which is all well and good, but there are also branches at Church and Shuter and Adelaide and Yonge, this seems like overkill to me. I know that Spire is just there, but there can't be that many who partake of the strong stuff.

The one at Church and Shuter is right by my place. Its always busy, so there must be many who partake of the strong stuff.

Back