News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Incidentially, what's left of Clappisons Corners is a big-box complex. Even the corners will soon be gone, to be replaced by a parclo.

Hmm, doesn't bode well for Dundas, then. :)

Clappison's Corners is destined to be *parclo'd*?!? Unless this relates to a proposed 35/115-i-zation of Hwy 6 (if not something more than that)--which wouldn't surprise me BTW--it sounds more like a 1977 solution than a 2007 solution.

Come to think of it, Clappison's Corners would be a splendid place for a monumental roundabout...

Clappison's Corners is destined to be *parclo'd*?!? Unless this relates to a proposed 35/115-i-zation of Hwy 6 (if not something more than that)--which wouldn't surprise me BTW--it sounds more like a 1977 solution than a 2007 solution.

Come to think of it, Clappison's Corners would be a splendid place for a monumental roundabout...

They could call it "the blender"

As far as I know, Hwy 6 will be controlled access from 403 to Hwy 5.

That's it? I'd almost expect a controlled or semi-controlled (a la 35/115, or 11 out Barrie/Orillia way) arrangement all the way to the 401...

Actually, come to think of it, yeah, it is. And this would be the time to do it. The only issue is the speeds at which people are going to be approaching it on two different provincial highways, but I suppose that's a matter of getting used to the idea you have to take it easy. After all, they know they're facing the lights now.

I didn't know there was going to be a parclo interchange there, but given the expansion work they're doing up the cut, I'm not surprised to learn this.

I think that the long-term goal is an expressway (if not a freeway) from the 403 to the 401, with a new alignment at the north end (possibly connecting directly to the Hanlon). Right now, it's just 403 to 5.

I wonder if the 403/6 interchange will be upgraded. It's clearly substandard.

Your thinkings and wonderings are all correct Sean: all of those plans are in the works, although routes have not been finalized yet for the Hanlon connection, etc.

Updates from October 31. According to the good people at MapArt, the QEW Niagara ramp to the RHC Expressway won't be open until 2008, while the rest opens soon.

RHC1.jpg

RHC2.jpg

See the red box I highlighted? That's where Smart stores wants to add a new big box complex and where VIA rail is looking at for a possible new station for Hamilton. You can see a thin brown line next to it, that's a rail line, CN I believe, Niagara bound.

RHC1.jpg

But so far it looks like the City won't allow Smart stores to buy the land as it's currently zoned for industrial use.

Back