8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

attachment.php

Reminds me of this great ad:

[video=youtube;NtFjwOQm_-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtFjwOQm_-k[/video]

Good riddance to this failed neighbourhood. Bring on the new buildings!

Precisely what they said in the 40s when they demolished the old neighbourhood for these "new buildings". Hopefully we got it right this time around.

Precisely what they said in the 40s when they demolished the old neighbourhood for these "new buildings". Hopefully we got it right this time around.

Re-jigging the street grid IMO is the biggest change. Increasing the market/tch ratio is a good idea as well. New retail will be huge as well for residents in the area to find employment. Old regent park had none of this...St Jamestown had the same lack of retail and cramped, logistical nightmare street grid. Too many towers in a concentrated area that had nothing but pavement.

Last edited:
gdgNwhd.jpg

Not even a hint of what's on the shortlists? Erp! I'm voting for Secret Street and Redacted Way.

I'll try and find out tomorrow at the Farmers Market

I would love to have that guy's job. Highest job satisfaction bar none. :cool:

Impressive. Haven't seen a high reach excavator in Toronto with 150 foot reach.

Did you ask about the street-naming vote?

Didn't see anything for Street E. There were 5 choices for Street J

Tubman Street (named for Harriet Tubman - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman )
Elsaida Street (named after Elsaida Douglas - she was a local resident and anti-violence activist)
Cynthia Burke Street (a nurse for 20 years at the Regent Park Health Centre)
Carol Walsh Avenue (another local resident and activist)
Acker Street (Carolyn Acker - who founded Pathways to Education in Regent Park)

Hmm. Sounds like they need more streets in Regent Park, not more suggestions for names. Hard to know what the Street E choices are, but the Street J choices indicate that it's essentially women who are credited with holding it together here.

Back