News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Yes, that's the location I meant. The other location is on Locke St.

I can't remember if Pancer's has smoked meat either.

Whenever I'm in Hamilton, I have three "must go to" destinations. #1: I go to Westdale's My Dog Joe cafe/coffee shop, my favourite coffee shop in Canada. It's the perfect size and is always filled with a mix of locals and McMaster students (hotties. :D) #2: Waxy's on King and conveniently down the street from Waxy's, #3: Denninger's for gourmet and European food at much cheaper prices than in the GTA.

I'll probably discover more good places to hang out in Hamilton next time I'm there....

Coming soon to Nassau and Augusta:

dsc08028i.jpg

looks hot.

Recently opened at Kensington and Dundas, replacing a dumpy Chinese restaurant: Kensington Cornerstone, where prices are a tad high to keep out the peasants like myself...:) $12 for a pulled pork sandwich? It had better be really really good, like better than Lou Dawg's or Stockyards.

dsc08024t.jpg

Yes, that's the location I meant. The other location is on Locke St.

I can't remember if Pancer's has smoked meat either.

Whenever I'm in Hamilton, I have three "must go to" destinations. #1: I go to Westdale's My Dog Joe cafe/coffee shop, my favourite coffee shop in Canada. It's the perfect size and is always filled with a mix of locals and McMaster students (hotties. :D) #2: Waxy's on King and conveniently down the street from Waxy's, #3: Denninger's for gourmet and European food at much cheaper prices than in the GTA.

I'll probably discover more good places to hang out in Hamilton next time I'm there....

Try La Luna at 306 King Street West if you like Lebanese food.

Try La Luna at 306 King Street West if you like Lebanese food.

Another place to stop if in Hamilton is Chicago Style Pizza.In fact, it's worth a drive all the way from Toronto.
They make deep dish, stuffed, Chicago style pizzas. They are about 4 inches thick, exactly like a traditional Chicago deep dish pizza.
This is a very rare thing to find in the GTA.

534 Upper Sherman Ave << Google street view link. I love the solitary giant tree nearby.

Last edited:
Do we know who's moving in?

Conflicting reports but it seems to be either Fran's or O&B. I'd prefer Fran's on the Yonge St. side.

Just been told by credible source that it's O&B on the Yonge side and Fran's at the other.

Just been told by credible source that it's O&B on the Yonge side and Fran's at the other.

Isn't there an O&B opening on King? Or am I crazy?

The old City Grill location in the Eaton Centre is being renovated and will be a Mercatto.

The old City Grill location in the Eaton Centre is being renovated and will be a Mercatto.

I guess the Joey's thing didn't work out, huh? Also, isn't there a Mercatto just a few blocks away?

I guess the Joey's thing didn't work out, huh? Also, isn't there a Mercatto just a few blocks away?

No idea about Joey's but this is a different location i.e. where city grill used to be *semi* inside the Eaton Center.

Joey's is supposed to occupy a storefront location right next to the 1 Dundas St. West entrance. But I haven't seen any work there since last year.

And yes, Mercatto could use another location, the one on Bay St. is a madhouse. My office is in the complex and I'm glad they are coming here.

Back