News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

There are 2 O&B restaurants opening at the Lightbox.

There is an Earl's going in the Sun Life building. If it's anything like their Square One location, prepare for disappointment with bad service.

IMG00066-20100618-0039.jpg

IMG00067-20100618-0040.jpg

Circle Thai at Yonge & Heath is no more. It's now Mr. Thai and half the size. Got some take-away this evening. No complaints.

This is the space on King Street East just east of Shoppers where the "Going out of Business" clothing store used to be:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5C 3C5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 203058 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 22, 2010

Project: Multiple Unit Building Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground floor unit for a group of new restaurants for a total occupant load of 202 people. Also proposed is a new mazzanine level for storage and office space. "Thai Express", "Villa Medina", and "Tutti Frutti".

A coffee shop has opened on Peter Street between Richmond and Queen in the same building that the GAP store occupies. It's in a loading dock space that has been recently rennovated for retail purposes.

Meanwhile, what I really want to see in Toronto: A Chai House-styled cafe.

Coffee is so passé.

(Although sadly, I read recently the Chai House closed to make way for an evil condo development):

chai_rent.jpg

Last edited:
5th elementt on Bay has closed up shop, along with a convenience store/ video store next door. In the window of the video store, there is a "coming soon" sign for a Chinese/dim sum restaurant; not sure if it will take up the space of 5th elementt as well.

About the 5th Elementt, I don't know why people insist on opening restaurants there. The place is too far from the street, nothing has ever worked there since the complex opened n 1988.

Musa at Dundas & Euclid was destroyed by fire on Sunday :(

Frans at Scott and Front (in the O & B and Biff's block) is getting closer to opening. The wooden fence has been replaced by a wire one and they are busily working on the exterior. The sign now says "openong soon" and it might be!

Back