News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I've mentioned it before in the Junction thread, but Junction Eatery @Indian Grove and Dundas West is now open and I believe has a professionally trained chef running the kitchen--it shows: the food is amazing!

Drift on Bloor West near Ossington also opened recently, and has cheapish eats and drinks. Its vibe reminds me of a licensed Little Fish.

Snakes and Lattes (board games with your coffee? Sort of reminds me of Tequila Bookworm that way) at Markham and Bloor is now open. Interesting concept--perfect for dates!

A new French Patisserie styled after Nadege on WQW (and owned by one of her ex-employees) is opening soon in the St Clair and Christie-Dufferin area. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
True restaurant in Yorkville has closed.

the large higher-end chinese/dim sum place has opened where fifth elementt and adjoining stores used to be. Looks fancy but I don't know chinese so I can't make out much on their sign

@blogTO We haven't confirmed yet, but... RT @ChrisJMitchell: Le Gourmand at Queen/ Spadina is open again and giving out free food!
10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

@DesignlinesMag Def open. Free food? RT @blogTO We haven't confirmed yet, but RT @ChrisJMitchell: Le Gourmand @ Queen/Spadina is open & giving out free food
6 minutes ago via web

sbux has come to the junction--in that pos new building i hate opposite Crema Coffee. Nice move sbux--stealing the Crema coffee customers are you? SE corner of Quebec and Dundas, says "coming soon."

Coming soon to Bloor West @Kennedy Park Rd (formerly West Toronto Vespa): Red Bean Espresso, which means both sbux and Cafe Novo will get a run for their money... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toron...o-ON/Red-Bean-Espresso-Market/142665865766046

Their donuts look good! Will check it out when they open.

Last edited:
Quiznos is opening up right at the corner of Queen & John, on the northwest corner.

The west indian restaurant on Lower Jarvis right opposite Market Wharf seems to have closed.

For those of you who have not seen the O & B patio at Yonge & Front. It's pretty cool.

[video=youtube;DqKN_-7H5Sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKN_-7H5Sw[/video]

Churchill, this posh looking bar/restaurant at Dundas and Lakeview, former IF lounge location, is open for business. Looks hot.:) Maybe the English are taking back Dundas West from the Portuguese? :D

After almost a year promising it was opening (costing the owners tons of money in rent? Or maybe they own the building?), Full of Beans coffee house has finally opened at Dundas and Rusholme.

Just how many indie coffee joints can survive on this strip???

Last edited:

Back