News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There is nothing sketchy about the danforth east of pape, it's not nearly as high end, but you'll be perfectly fine and save a ton on rent too.

Thanks for the reply! I actually took a drive around there last night and it seemed really nice.

I also did not think that part of the Danforth was sketchy at all. It was a good mix of new and old shops so I thought it was great. Quick walk to either Donlands or Pape station too.

For UrbanShocker and other Riverdale folk

A few years ago I was walking down Simpson Avenue near Broadview and saw this odd house on the south side. It was a decrepit boarded-up home with multi-coloured paint and odd slogans saluting the police and bashing drunk drivers. Not to be outdone, there was an 80's era chevy on the driveway which looked like it needed more than an oil change.

A friend of mine says there is another place of similar err.. grandeur on Gerrard.

I highly doubt that a house of this character has not found its way into the public discourse.

Can someone please explain?

Last edited:
Why call us experts? We're just citizens who love where we live.
I remember that building. It was at Logan and Gerrard. I think some of the slogans were "drunk drivers Puck much much better. Kiss sloppy and neck wet. It was there like that for probaly about 20 years. We used to dare kids to go up to the door, knock and see if you could find the ghost. It was recently painted over and given a new lease on life but still hasn't found a tenant.

Last edited:
Is this what you are referring to?

Attachments

• drunk.jpg
    drunk.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 325
Yup, that must be it.

I love the plug for the Globe and Mail. Are they the ones paying for his legal fees from disparaging NIMBYs who want him gone?

World-class eccentric no longer with us

The house on Simpson was given to a family that had been kind to our now-passed house-slogan-painter. They've cleaned the place up and now live in it, I believe (major reno).

The storefront on Gerrard (across from the beer store) was renovated and listed for sale at an outrageous price. It now sits empty.

The Star(?) did an article on the guy a few years back.

yes!...as a kid that was the best house to hit up for trick or treating. They usually went pretty out there to decorate and gave out good candy. Every once in a while I think they show up in ETC news or Beach Riverdale mirror.

There's an article in today's Real Estate section about that amusing residential reno at Logan and Victor - where the new owners had a huge industrial strength window installed on the main floor just so they'd have an excuse to keep their blinds closed most of the time in order to maintain their privacy.

I see that Ward 30 Toronto-Danforth has the highest average residential property tax assessment increase! Wooo-hooo! We're number one!

Back