News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I worked at one of the Ontario Travel Information Centres at a border crossing for a few summers and the ignorance of some travellers left me shaking my head.
I worked in Detroit while living outside of it and my co-workers were clueless as what was going on in their own state, let alone the city.

Doing work in the US was an eye opener that as Canadians, we known more about the US than they do, let alone the world. A great number think its winter year around for us until I point out that parts of Canada is further south of Detroit/Chicago with 90-100 degree summer days..

Go to the southern states to see how little they know about Canada. I don't say I am from Mississauga anymore and say Toronto and even then the person stills has than dumb look on their face.

It’s pretty standard practice in the US media to refer to to Canada as a singular country and not by individual provinces.
Canadians too are to be blamed for that. I was once watching interview of a Canadian actress with an American host. He asked some question about Niagara Falls and he said Canadian side and New York side of the falls. The actress used the exact same words in her reply. If I were her, I would have answered saying Ontario side and American side to set the record straight.

It was an agreement made between the state government of Michigan and the federal government of Canada, so it's perfectly accurate and correct. Also, it's spelled Michiganders.
Actually, it's not. It's commonly used, but there is actual legislation from the 80's (when I lived there) that says otherwise.

Actually, it's not. It's commonly used, but there is actual legislation from the 80's (when I lived there) that says otherwise.
In 2017, the state legislature updated the term in the Michigan Historical Commission legislation to Michigander from Michiganian.

During the 6 years I lived in Windsor, I only ever heard people use Michigander.

Reactions: max
In 2017, the state legislature updated the term in the Michigan Historical Commission legislation to Michigander from Michiganian.

During the 6 years I lived in Windsor, I only ever heard people use Michigander.
I'm relieved to hear that. The 80's decision was NOT popular, especially in West Michigan where I lived! I stand corrected.

This is going to add so much trans-border capacity, and is just shaping up to be an incredible project. Can't wait to find an excuse to go to Michigan and try the bridge out when it opens.
When the Jays play the Tigers.
... or to The Henry Ford (automotive museum) in Dearborn, MI or Cedar Point (amusement park) in Sandusky, OH. The latter has many of the most intense roller coasters in the world and makes Canada's Wonderland comparatively tame.

... or to The Henry Ford (automotive museum) in Dearborn, MI or Cedar Point (amusement park) in Sandusky, OH. The latter has many of the most intense roller coasters in the world and makes Canada's Wonderland comparatively tame.
No Kidding. Ridden a number of them, but there are some I will not be ridding

From the video a number of extra spans have been added to both sections of the bridges since my last visit.

The US Costume area is a lot larger than the Canadian one which is odd considering those US bound trucks have to return to Canada at some point or bring more goods into Canada.

The end of the 401 is slowly getting longer

404286431_738805328293304_7696347458526116144_n.jpg

Back