News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Does anyone know if the work at the west end of the CNE is part of the Gardiner rebuilt or part of TTC ROW with a Platforms or what??? Lots of anchor bolts along that area
View attachment 581965
I'm not sure what it is but I'm fairly certain it's not part of the Gardiner rebuild as it's several hundred metres from where the work zone starts. We're also at least a couple years away from the streetcar extension so I think it's related to the CNE.

I'm not sure what it is but I'm fairly certain it's not part of the Gardiner rebuild as it's several hundred metres from where the work zone starts. We're also at least a couple years away from the streetcar extension so I think it's related to the CNE.
Thanks

The way it is setup, it looks like a provision for TTC ROW, but the amount of anchor bolts along the north side is saying a wall or some thing is going to be there with a wider space between it and the Gardiner.

It is a fair distance from where the work starts on the Gardiner which is saying it not part of the Gardiner work

I was trying to see what it maybe before I tag the rest of the photos for it. Will have to come with Unknown Project At The CNE.

July 19
After 3 fail attempts to to visited the site, I was able to do it and the Honda Race had nothing to do with it as I bypass it.

It looks like the west end and the new sections are now higher than the existing lanes as the concrete beams are about the same depth of the steel beams that is providing a higher clearances than before.

Lot more up on my site
53871269182_742c1cd576_b.jpg

53872421418_098874ec20_b.jpg

53872521009_18730ca265_b.jpg

53871269437_05888d0641_b.jpg

53872520929_09d87686f4_b.jpg

53871269107_fd9e71fb65_b.jpg

53872520774_07bec82097_b.jpg

I'm wondering if the 6 bent caps at Ex GO and West end of TTC loop that haven't been demolished are being kept, now that they've been setting up scaffolding around them. Up until now I thought they were just waiting for the right time to demolish them, due to pedestrian and streetcar traffic. Another possibility is that scaffolding means that they are being demolished differently than the others.

I'm wondering if the 6 bent caps at Ex GO and West end of TTC loop that haven't been demolished are being kept, now that they've been setting up scaffolding around them. Up until now I thought they were just waiting for the right time to demolish them, due to pedestrian and streetcar traffic. Another possibility is that scaffolding means that they are being demolished differently than the others.
It could have to due to the Honda Races this past weekend. This leaves a month open timeframe to work on the removable of them until the EX starts as most foot traffic will be a night for a soccer or football game unless its on for the weekend afternoon game,.

I walked by a couple hours ago and the ones right at the Ex Go entrance have forms put together on top of the existing bents, so those really seem like they're being kept unless I'm missing something. While the ones above the West end of the streetcar loop only scaffolding around the top, including one where workers with hand held jackhammers are chipping away at the bent cap. Next time through I'll have my camera and take some photos.

Back