News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm not sure. The Sarcee/Richmond interchange came after a study of that entire corridor and this was the portion that the City felt would make the greatest impact on dealing with the downstream traffic generated by the ring road. The Bow interchange was studied along with this one, and this interchange (with some minor improvements to Bow) was selected as the most bang for the buck.

The Bow one was supposed to be done years ago but Burrows intervened to have it chucked off of the West LRT project. The idea was that traffic would have been worse should bow and 17 be under construction at the same time.

Hi Group,
I Remember last Summer in the Herald there was an article about the Sarcee/Richmond Road Project. Not much on detail at the Time. The Sub Details as such
tell a lot more. If I understand correctly this Project will B Up Smack Against the Glenmore/Sarcee/Highway 8 Interchange. Not Much room for anything Else
in the Long Term. That Power Station on the S W Corner will B a Tight Squeeze With the TWO 138 KV Lines on both Sides of Sarcee Trail and Combined 69 KV
Line coming in from Highway 8/Discovery Ridge. I have Noticed Enmax has Done Relocation/New Power Lines (13,8OO KV) Already with Various 13,8 Lines
from Sarcee/Glenmore East to the 37 St Traffic Circle. Its My View that as Glenmore/Crowchild gets Expanded to 6 Lanes the Whole Areas will change as Part of the
South Ring Road Project. Just How Things will change I don't know off hand. Just Know its All Due to a Change/Make Over.
Guess Time will tell.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi All,

Re the Bow Future Interchange. Not sure how this will All Work Out. Its My Views the City has some Ideas on the Books but is keeping quiet for now. Also Working Behind the Lines is ENMAX as Well. There is a 69 KV Line that runs from Varsity South through Montgomery across the Bow and Up the Hill along side Sarcee. There is a 138 KV
Line that comes in from the West. As We All know these TWO Power Line meet Up at the S W Corner at Sarcee/Bow Trail. The 138 KV Line turns South along the West Side of Sarcee to Highway 8 to Glenmore Interchange for Now. Along the East Side of Sarcee the Other 138 KV Line come Up from Glenmore/Highway 8 to Scarcee/Bow Trail
and Turns East to Bow Trail/14 St.
If an Interchange Goes in at Bow/Scarcee, Its my Views that that Bow Trail Would Go Under Sarcee as Its on a Down Slope of Sorts Subject to Designs and What Have You. Could Also Go Over Sarcee and Sarcee is Lowered on a More Lower Level Through Routing, TWO Possible Ideas to Consider.
If the Interchange goes Through I am Expecting to See Enmax Relocate the Power Generating Station but NOT Sure how this will take place as Yet. It COULD Stay as Is..
If There is a Change Your 1st Clue as to an Interchange will B ALL the Changes Enmax Makes at the Scarcee/Bow Trail Intersection with the Power Lines Classed as
Up Grades (Your Power Bills You Pay working for You L O L)., Costs LOTS of Cold Hard Cash to Relocate a Generating Station if it Relocates.
I Follow Hydro Lines/Upgrades as a Side Line.

Tnx,
Operater.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised that they opted for a plan that still involves a giant intersection right in front of Westhills.

What's really going to matter is being able to go straight through on Sarcee, but the transition to and from Richmond doesn't look like much of a treat. It's kinda like the 17th ave situation. 17th is almost undrivable after they built the overpass, but Sarcee has never been better.

I'm a little surprised that they opted for a plan that still involves a giant intersection right in front of Westhills.

What's really going to matter is being able to go straight through on Sarcee, but the transition to and from Richmond doesn't look like much of a treat. It's kinda like the 17th ave situation. 17th is almost undrivable after they built the overpass, but Sarcee has never been better.
What part of 17th in undriveable? Besides the oddball wb/nb movement it’s a pretty normal interchange

Hi All,
There Was an Article in the Friday Herald (Feb 9th) about the Scarcee/Richmond Rd Project Not Much on Details but I come away With
the Opinions that Traffic on Richmond Rd to and from West Hills and Scarcee North/South will B serious Problems in the Future Its Always been My View that Intersection was Never Planned Out Properly with the West Hills Commercial and Residential Areas to the West All the Traffic that Comes South from the Residential Areas to the North is a Real Fiasco at Times. I know from doing Deliveries in the Areas Years Ago. Problem Then, Still is Now. Drive the Areas and See Why.
Just My Opinions Based on My Work in the Areas.

Tnx,
Operater

What part of 17th in undriveable? Besides the oddball wb/nb movement it’s a pretty normal interchange

In my experience the whole thing from 69th, to Sarcee. Granted I don't live up there anymore so I don't drive it as often, but I haven't been particularly pleased with it when I do. Even recently.

Hi All.
So Its $106 Million for the Sarcee/Richmond Rd Project, Try $125 Million PLUS by the Time its All Finished. Interchanges DON'T come Cheap by any Means. Next on the List is Bow Trail/Scarcee
Have to Wonder Where that Coin will come from. Answer Your Pockets. Lots Of It. If I sound Harsh its that I Feel These Projects were Not Planned Out Properly and its Now Catch Up Time from Years Back; Have to wonder what the Glenmore/Crow to Scaree/Highway 8 Section will look Like. Hint - Don't Ask. Traffic Lites Don't Cut It. Sarcee was Original Bypass from 16th Ave Down to Genmore/Highway 8. Sure hasn't quite Worked Like they thought, Just My Views.

Tnx,
Operater

Hi Group,
I've had a Chance to Look at this Project from the Various Subsites as such. I admit its a bit Complicated to Follow but IT at least shows what Sections will look like Within a
Few Years Time. It Won't Come Cheap by Any Means. Your Tax $Is at Work - Big Time. The Glenmore/Crow to Glenmore/Highway 8 to Scarcee Trail is My Main Interests
Plus Highway 8 to Points West as I Worked the Areas when I worked in Courier Land. The T U Cs are Also of Interest to Me as Well. Lots to Follow, plus Scaree Trail. I might sound Dumb now but I have to say i am somewhat Surprised that the Indian Reservations Agreed to the Land Swap as Such. Mus have been a Real Sweat Heart Deal in the Long Term. Long Term Project, Plus the Long Term Results to Follow.

Tnx.
Operater.

My own preference would be to have the the road going across Sarcee, but no on or off ramps. Not as functional for drivers of course, but would make West Hills tie in some much better to the neighboring community.

People in Signal Hill and Sienna Hills would probably have thrown a fit. Not only would they lose relatively quick access to Sarcee, but all the traffic from the North accessing West Hills would had to have come down 69th and then on to a string of fairly minor residential roads to access the mall. I can't really see that plan having had a good outcome.

Back