News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

IMO the practical goal should be to get to a point where you can sign the entire route with "Next Passing Lane 10 KM Ahead" (or less).

Highest yield would be Field to Wapta Falls, and Golden to the Weigh Station. Somehow I find Golden to Donald to be the worst part of the entire drive. It's probably not the easiest fix with all the side roads and driveways, though.

Yoho would be easy except for the Big Hill and the 4km section of fill leading into Field. I'm unsure if additional fill to accomidate 4 lanes would pass environmental review. The Big Hill would take considerable blasting.

I have no idea how they would widen through the snow sheds in Rogers. Maybe build new sheds that encompass the old ones and new lanes then demolish the old ones. Maybe build as much as possible for the new sheds, demolish the old ones and leave sections unprotected for a year or two while the new sheds are completed. Maybe build the new lanes elevated above the avalanche paths, shift traffic to them, demolish sheds and then build new elecated lanes as replacements,
It's at least 2 lanes ascending already, so the ROI of going to 4 is a lot lower than a lot of other areas. Especially since there's a slow down section at Field anyways

Back