News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I have made a timelapse of Highway 403 between Hamilton and Mississauga, showcasing the HOV lanes.

[video=youtube;QYNRYdzYlMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNRYdzYlMA[/video]

It is true that the stretch between the QEW and 407 ETR is to be widened, correct? HOV lanes part of this plan by chance?

Last edited:
It is true that the stretch between the QEW and 407 ETR is to be widened, correct? HOV lanes part of this plan by chance?

http://www.oakville.ca/assets/general - residents/transportationstudy-403-QEW-execsum.pdf

Nice video. The QEW west towards Hamilton/Niagara falls is ALWAYS girdlocked! Even on weekends it's getting pretty bad. I doubt construction on the QEW around Brant st. is the culprit, because they only do construction there at night and they're just about finished the project.

The fact that the HOV lane becomes general-purpose just past Guelph Line and the right-most lane turns off at Brant is a problem. When you have Saturday outbound traffic or PM peak traffic, four lanes become three just before traffic splits to QEW Niagara and 403 West to Hamilton/Woodstock, it's a serious bottleneck.

Isn't the construction at Brant supposed to extend the four-lane cross-section all the way to the split?

While driving from the 401 to the 400 I noticed that the bridge work is scheduled to finish in 2017. Is this a rebuild or is it also an expansion? I assume it's the logistics of keeping the interchange open that requires 4 years + to complete the project.

Thanks for the video. So I see the Merritt Road interchange is now partially open as well and Port Robinson Road is closed. Nice timing with the talk about the roundabout on the radio as you navigated it.

At 1:40 - it appears that you drive down what will end up being a southbound on-ramp with the Woodlawn Road interchange.

Video is not by me :p

Here is one I made... My fastest timelapse yet! Includes the 403 vid above but extends it to travel on the 401 and later DVP.
[video=youtube;MW2BWulJSW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW2BWulJSW8[/video]

Last edited:
I asked this question a while ago, and it got lost in the discussion, haha: I noticed a lot of land being cleared to the north of the 401 between Salem Rd and Brock St in Whitby. Is the widening of the 401 through that section being completed as part of the West Durham Link project? It would make sense to build it at the same time, since that project is going to involve significant disruption in the area anyway.

I was travelling through Milton yesterday on my way to Kitchener from Peterborough and ran into some 401 traffic through Milton. We took 5 Side Road to detour around but I was wondering if anyone knew how complete James Snow Parkway was since it would have likely been a quicker detour, especially on a Sunday.

I asked this question a while ago, and it got lost in the discussion, haha: I noticed a lot of land being cleared to the north of the 401 between Salem Rd and Brock St in Whitby. Is the widening of the 401 through that section being completed as part of the West Durham Link project? It would make sense to build it at the same time, since that project is going to involve significant disruption in the area anyway.

That would be work for the 407. extensive work is ongoing, with the portion I see often (the future Brock road interchange where the current 407 terminus is) progressing well. Form are up for a bridge over the river, and the preliminary grading for the realignment of Brock road is finished as well. I have also noticed that Lakeridge is closed north of Taunton for the construction of the WDL interchange with the 407.

That would be work for the 407. extensive work is ongoing, with the portion I see often (the future Brock road interchange where the current 407 terminus is) progressing well. Form are up for a bridge over the river, and the preliminary grading for the realignment of Brock road is finished as well. I have also noticed that Lakeridge is closed north of Taunton for the construction of the WDL interchange with the 407.
They have also begun pile driving just west of Lakeridge near the 401 in preparation for the new Lakeridge bridge/alignment over the 401. This is required to make room for the WDL connection to the 401.

Hmm interesting, thanks! I meant around the 401 and Lakeridge Road though, they seem to have cleared out a significant amount of bush on the north side of the highway. I was just curious if this was JUST for the WDL-401 interchange, or if they were doing a widening of the 401 at the same time. Would make sense to coordinate the two aspects, IMO.

Just 407, there is going to be a slight realignment of the 401 to fit the 407 ramps between the rail tracks though, so that is probably what you are seeing. No widening of the 401.

Back