News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Mr. Morris said the Children’s Aid Society granted Mr. Ford temporary care and custody of the couple’s children following the arrest — a move he called “very unusual†after an alleged domestic dispute in which a father is charged with assault. “You can read between the lines,†he said.

Nobody finds this unusual?

There is a zero tolerance approach with respect to domestic disputes, and that might explain the arrest.

Just watching this guy in action tells me that there are alot of people out there who vote for losers.

It's not like the children's aid haven't made really stupid mistakes before. It appears that once again they are looking out for the parent and not the kids involved!

The fact of the matter is, who ever gets an interm custody writ first is the parent who gets custody of the kids.....I think this bully Ford is the type of "control freak" who would most certainly go for the custody in a face saving attempt to appear better than he really is.....I mean just watch this jerk in action!

Did anyone catch CTV news tonight? They had a whole piece on this and were going around asking people about him and everyone they went to said they loved him. Some lady went on about how Rob Ford bought her glasses. Most of them were sticking up for his non-existent office expenses.

I really hope somebody finds the true story of where this guy gets his money from.

It's no secret. He owns his own family business, and he basically runs his office out of there.

Okay, let me think this through. Rob Ford is popular with his constituents because he refused to touch the money provided by taxpayers, and instead uses his own money for all expenses -- and occasionally goes beyond to spend his own money to help individual constituents, too.

Luckily for Rob Ford, he's quite wealthy and can afford to do this.

Now follow this line of thinking and imagine a world where all 45 of Toronto's city councillors followed Ford's lead. All eschewed public funding and paid for everything out of their own pockets. Naturally, all would be wealthy people -- anyone not wealthy enough to do this would lose an election, unable to compete because they'd need to admit they needed taxpayer money. Evildoers!

So now what would we have? Toronto is a collection of little fiefdoms, each with its own Feudal Lord. When a lowly citizen needs something, he treks to the Lord's home (he'll be in the backyard, BBQing) bearing offerings, preparing to lower himself on bended knee on the hope that the Lord will decide to remove a few gold coins from his massive purple sack and toss them his way. Sound good?

Not to me. Something about this stinks.

Ford's getting in Barber's face and not allowing him to go in the elevator. Was he trying to make a citizens arrest? If not, Barber had every right to knee the phat phuck in the balls.

Toronto Life

Schadenford: The arrest of Rob Ford, city hall hoser

Posted on March 28, 2008 by Philip Preville

Poor Rob Ford. If only he’d slept beside a machine all his life like those Orientals from the Orient, he probably wouldn’t be in this pickle. As you surely know by now, Ford was arrested Wednesday on charges of assault and threatening death in a domestic dispute involving his wife. When you heard the news, did you have that weird paradoxical reaction of being simultaneously surprised and not surprised? Shocked and blasé? You know, the kind of vaguely self-aware reaction that would make for a passable media studies paper or maybe, if you’re Lynn Crosbie, another tortured column in the Globe? Because when you think about it, didn’t the latest circus seem inevitable?

I mean, just look at him, right? Here’s a guy who is as unenlightened a hoser as you’ll ever find. Once, at a Leafs game (typical), he got drunk (typical) and belligerent (same), and then made fun of the Green Party (predictable) and Iranians (predictable, and also crass). He opposes speed bumps, and he once said that when cyclists get killed “it’s their own fault.†He has called Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti “Gino-boy,†made some comments about gays and AIDS that were so 1989, and said that “Oriental people work like dogs†and “are slowly taking over.†(He apologized to both Mammoliti and his Asian overlords. The LGBT crowd is still waiting.)

Perhaps, in a meta-analysis kind of way, you considered it some form of poetic justice that someone who has so frequently made recourse to ethnic and cultural stereotypes should himself come to symbolize the worst clichés of his own type—that the fat, white, insensitive, car-commuting suburban conservative WASP should end up being arrested for allegedly abusing his wife. And there’s the rub: if that’s what you’re thinking, then you are engaging in some pretty offensive ethnic caricature, which means you are no better than Rob Ford. Schadenfreude is such a guilty pleasure.

Meanwhile, if you can see past the prejudice, it’s clear that Rob Ford should not resign from council. Ford’s lawyer, Dennis Morris, points out that Ford was given custody of the kids despite the charges. Yesterday morning, AM640 broke the news that Ford had called the police the day before his arrest, to complain about his wife’s irrational behaviour. In other words, the known details of the case don’t conform to type at all. It’s messy and could get messier still. For the moment, the only conclusion to be drawn is that some serious marital difficulties are unfolding in the Ford household—not something to ever wish upon anyone.

i kinda feel sorry for ford. he says some stupid, offensive, hateful things, i don't like his views, his finances related to the job may be questionable, etc. but i can't help but think that his experiences at home may have messed him up. a few years ago his sister got shot in the face, before that his sisters boyfriend was killed by her husband who is doing time in jail. this is what we know from the media, imagine what we don't know. growing up with a conservative politician as a father probably didn't help either.

i can't help but think that his experiences at home may have messed him up

Of course, if others are downtrodden, it's only because they made the wrong decision and should therefore suffer the consequences accordingly.

AoD

Yes, it's remarkable how one scandal and some questionable behaviour can undo years of public service and doing what's in the best interest of his community. How easily we're swayed by sensationalist spin of one's true motives, that we all jump on the hate band wagon without proper assessment of the full situation. Such is the way of the sheep.

Back