News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, you didn't really answer the question - which is whether you are concerned about supporting a bigot, not whether you condone bigoted comments.

AoD

I am very concerned about supporting a bigot. Bigots, bigotted attitudes, racism, are intolerable to me. Another reason to get proper evidence of the tape and it's allegations.

A question for you- do you believe that if in fact Mayor Ford called Justin Trudeau the F-word on the tape that alone qualifies him as a bigot? Just curious.

CN Tower:

I am very concerned about supporting a bigot. Bigots, bigotted attitudes, racism, are intolerable to me. Another reason to get proper evidence of the tape and it's allegations

Considering his previous comments, I don't think you need the current video to make that judgement, even before the 2010 election.

AoD

I am very concerned about supporting a bigot. Bigots, bigotted attitudes, racism, are intolerable to me. Another reason to get proper evidence of the tape and it's allegations.

A question for you- do you believe that if in fact Mayor Ford called Justin Trudeau the F-word on the tape that alone qualifies him as a bigot? Just curious.

I'd actually be surprised if he called Justin Trudeau a fag on the video. I find the Gawker account more credible---that the person taking the video said that to try to goad him, and at worst Ford didn't contradict him.

I do think he's a bigot though, for statements he's made in the past ("If you're not gay, you won't get AIDS, probably") and his lack of support for Pride.

Last edited:
OSS:

Yeah, I don't really care much about what he said in the video, especially considering the gravity of the other issue and his mental state at the time. His record of intolerance extends far back, you really don't need the current video to make that determination.

AoD

I saw David Miller in TTC Union Station this morning on my way to work. He seemed to be chatting with some TTC employees. I wanted to beg him to stage a coup and reclaim the mayoral mantle.

I saw him on the TTC this morning as well, on the Bloor line. I wanted to say to him "You left us, and look what happened!"

Any word on the Sarah Thomson front? We're close to noon.
It's her transportation video. It thought other comments she's made today elsewhere made that clear. Not related to Ford.

And really ... as if Sarah Thomson could possibly restrain herself for 12 hours from releasing the Ford video if she had it!

It's her transportation video. It thought other comments she's made today elsewhere made that clear. Not related to Ford.

And really ... as if Sarah Thomson could possibly restrain herself for 12 hours from releasing the Ford video if she had it!

Ah, ok, thanks. I'm between airports at the moment, and it's tough to keep up with things. Damn, I though Thomson might have been trying to redeem herself. Nope.

There's almost no point engaging with Ford denialists. It's like trying to explain the existence of dinosaurs to a person who "believes" in creationism. Two hundred years of unearthed fossils--still not enough evidence. These poor souls will always "believe" rather than think.

Your analogy is kind of backwards. While there is plenty of tangible evidence for dinosaurs, and only stories to back up creationism, there is a distinct lack of tangible evidence of Ford smoking crack, and only stories to back up that claim.

All these comments about excellent sleuthing, and I am feeling like a bonehead for not finding it on Google Street View :mad: ! I checked out 380 Dixon Rd a few weeks back on Street View to see if I could find anything which resembles the house, but no luck. If I had simply dug a little deeper and took the Pegman a block north, I could have single handedly made a break in the case!

Actually a little surprised that it took this long for the location to break, actually. Would have thought that as soon as 380 Dixon was mentioned in the media, people would have combed the area online to try and find the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back