News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble keeping up with this thread. But I don't think anybody else has posted this. In my opinion, it is key to all of this:

Man Injured in Balcony Fall in Alberta

That 23-year-old accused man is in custody in Toronto awaiting his next court appearance.

Information related to his arrest has been kept secret in Alberta, where a judge sealed a related warrant. Various media outlets, including the Star, are fighting to access the warrant.

I am having trouble keeping up with this thread. But I don't think anybody else has posted this. In my opinion, it is key to all of this:

Man Injured in Balcony Fall in Alberta

When I saw this story it reminded me of another story in the Star yesterday about a young man in his early twenties who died after falling from a twenty floor balcony of the infamous 200 Wellesley building (infamous for it's crack dens!).

His death is mysterious because the lack of blood on the ground indicates that the man was already dead when he fell (or was pushed) from the balcony. Could this story be linked to the Ford crack-cocaine case? Is throwing people off of balconies a favored method for drug lords of getting rid of opponents because they know inept police forces - like we have in Toronto - will mistake the murder for suicide?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...thrown_but_no_one_knows_his_name_fiorito.html

When I saw this story it reminded me of another story in the Star yesterday about a young man in his early twenties who died after falling from a twenty floor balcony of the infamous 200 Wellesley building (infamous for it's crack dens!).

His death is mysterious because the lack of blood on the ground indicates that the man was already dead when he fell (or was pushed) from the balcony. Could this story be linked to the Ford crack-cocaine case? Is throwing people off of balconies a favored method for drug lords of getting rid of opponents because they know inept police forces - like we have in Toronto - will mistake the murder for suicide?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...thrown_but_no_one_knows_his_name_fiorito.html

You might be reaching just a bit there :p

From today's Gawker article:

Why didn't Police report this to the public two weeks ago? Why didn't Police reveal to the public the shooting that took place the same night at 320 Dixon Rd.?

These are questions the media need to be asking of Bill Blair. Is his force covering up for Rob Ford?

Yes they are covering up for him.

How is the G20 debacle representative of all police officers? There are good and bad cops everywhere.

I agree. But serious transgressions were committed during the G20 summit..... and how many officers were fired? How many went to jail? I was in Europe at the time and was shocked.... I got sick of people there telling me "that could never happen in Europe".

At the very least the Chief of Police should have resigned.

In the end what happened? NOTHING. Canadians had their right violated on a mass scale by the police and there was absolutely no accountability.

I wouldn't say Ford's goose is cooked even if the video surfaces. Many in Ford Nation will still support him and he'll probably pick up votes from people who'll get on his bandwagon out of spite.

Ford (neither one actually) will be unable to raise the required money to campaign. Nobody wants to be anywhere near these guys. Ford Nation is composed of uneducated blue collar folks who believe what they're told only from Ford himself or from the easy to read grade 4 level English newspaper with the Sunshine girl and sports on the cover (who now write anti-Ford articles more than they publish Sue-Ann Levy garbage). This demographic doesn't have the means to finance his campaign nor would they since their ultimate goal in electing him is to save themselves money.

Those who financed his first campaign and those who put him over the top in ballots adding to Ford Nation were just regular Conservatives willing to turn a blind eye to the actual man in hopes of getting a Conservative agenda through. I haven't seen any of those coming to Ford's defense once this scandal broke and even earlier, I think he had lost many of them around the COI case. This all not to mention that all of his smartest campaign executives have abandoned him and nobody in the Conservative party dares even mention that name -- they probably don't want to be seen even driving a Ford at this point.

Sure Rob Ford can enter his name into the election but this won't be a conventional campaign and no doubt that he will find tricky ways to finance it, breaking the rules since all the smart people will no longer be there to advise him. You better believe that all of his opponents and the entire media will be looking very very closely at his campaign expenses. Don't be surprised to see him disqualified somewhere through the year long campaign.

Last edited:
I enjoy being cynical about most things, but it is definitely true that pressure from constituents turned many of Ford's old allies against him on the waterfront deal. And that was really the card that knocked the whole house down, though it didn't seem so at the time. Point is, we can sniff and scoff at people who write letters and make phone calls, but they're still doing more productive work than we are.

Doug is still up to no good, BTW. I think others know it.

Mr. Ford, brother of Mayor Rob Ford, is vice-chair of Build Toronto, the city agency created four years ago to develop and sell surplus city lands. Six independent directors – five real-estate executives and one architect – have left or are about to leave the 13-member board. That includes the abrupt exit two weeks ago of chairman Stuart Lazier and the resignations of the two other independent directors from the search committee, leaving Mr. Ford as its only member.
Mr. Ford dismissed reports that he is trying to put Toronto Port Lands Company president and CEO Michael Kraljevic...Mr. Kraljevic and Toronto Port Lands were involved in a push by Mr. Ford two years ago to take control of development in the eastern harbour from Waterfront Toronto.

Several sources with knowledge of the Build Toronto executive search have told The Globe and Mail that Mr. Ford has pushed for months to put Mr. Kraljevic in the job. A difference of opinion over the appointment played a role in the departure of at least two of the independent directors, the sources said.

There is also concern that Build Toronto, set up as an arm’s-length agency to limit political influence, is now moving back under the control of councillors, particularly the mayor’s brother.

Council next week will be asked to approve the appointment of seven new Build Toronto directors, one of whom is recommended as chair. Mr. Ford was one of three members of the nominating panel that selected the new directors. It also included councillors Frances Nunziata and Vince Crisanti, two of the mayor’s most loyal supporters.

Also, time to go deeper down the rabbit hole - Elena Basso / Johnson has been convicted of trafficking cocaine in the past

Yeah, just spotted this too. When is enough going to be enough? Will Mayor McCheese go away with any shred of dignity and step aside, or is he gonna stick this one out til the bitter end? Now would be a good time to play that rehab card while he can at least say (to the disbelieve of most but the applause of his supporters) that he made this choice on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back