News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few folks I was talking said it may be worth taking a look into connections between the Mafia in the construction industry and the Ford administration. Even though there is likely not a direct link between Ford himself and the Mafia, certain groups may be looking to take advantage of the lack of oversight the last few years has brought.

Just a suggestion, not direct evidence.

A few folks I was talking said it may be worth taking a look into connections between the Mafia in the construction industry and the Ford administration. Even though there is likely not a direct link between Ford himself and the Mafia, certain groups may be looking to take advantage of the lack of oversight the last few years has brought.

Here's a start: http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/toronto-is-infested-with-mobsters
And another informative article with lots of names: http://fairwhistleblower.ca/content/new-mafia-crime-families-ruling-toronto-italy-alleges

Yeah, I've brought him up a couple of times. When a Ford defender brings up the "Rob Ford is too fat to be on cocaine", I say "Chris Farley" and they find something else to attack without admitting that their theory was wrong. Plenty of celebrities including athletes have been known to do all manner of drugs including cocaine and they somehow manage to shake it off and look presentable when required.

As far as I know, skinny crack addicts are not skinny because of any physical effects of the crack cocaine, they are skinny because the are eating less than they should be, because a) they have very low incomes (often due to being unable to keep a steady job) and b) they spend most of what money they do have on crack cocaine, so they have little money left to buy food. If a crack addict has a well-paying job (i.e. Mayor of Toronto) then they certainly can afford to buy as much crack cocaine as they desire, AND as much food as they wish as well.

Last edited:
As far as I know, skinny crack addicts are not skinny because of any physical effects of the crack cocaine, they are skinny because the are eating less than they should be, because a) they have very low incomes (often due to being unable to keep a steady job) and b) they spend most of what money they do have on crack cocaine, so they have little money left to buy food. If a crack addict has a well-paying job (i.e. Mayor of Toronto) then they certainly can afford to buy as much crack cocaine as they want to, AND as much food as they wish as well.

Exactly! To some degree, being fat is a calories in/calories out calculation.* Crack may boost your metabolism and cause you to burn through 3000 calories a day rather than 2500, but if you're eating 4000 calories a day no matter what, you're not going to be losing any weight.

* - Yes, it *is* more complicated than this, there are exceptions to the rule etc - but I'm simplifying for the sake of the example

It certainly helps explain the rationale for wheels and monorails.

One need not look far for industry connections. The Fords childhood (and current ) Florida neighbours are in the development business.

NOTE: Nothing underhanded or illegal is implied by the above! Just pointing out one long term connection.

Chris Farley, nuff said. Besides, I didn't know Barbara is an expert in addiction and the physical effects thereof - someone really should tell her the logical fallacy of "you have never seen" = "there are none".

AoD

In her 1980s autobio Confessions, she admitted to having been a codeine addict.

Exactly! To some degree, being fat is a calories in/calories out calculation.* Crack may boost your metabolism and cause you to burn through 3000 calories a day rather than 2500, but if you're eating 4000 calories a day no matter what, you're not going to be losing any weight.

* - Yes, it *is* more complicated than this, there are exceptions to the rule etc - but I'm simplifying for the sake of the example

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford's weight problem is just from drinking too much. It's surprisingly easy to take in 1000 calories or more from a night of drinking, plus a lot of carbs if you're drinking beer. If you are doing that every night, or even just 4 nights a week, the weight will pile on really fast.

Hahaha...good one:D

The media vs. Rob Ford: Barbara Amiel explains why the war is over the top
‘Has anyone been smelling the stories on Toronto’s Mayor Rob Ford these days?

A quick reprise. There is said to be a tape showing Mayor Ford smoking crack cocaine. Who cares, would be my response, but that’s idiosyncratic. Still, the actual tape has never appeared. Posses of journalists are asking the mayor if he is a crack cocaine addict. Every crack cocaine addict I have ever seen is a bundle of skin and bone. Mayor Ford could be their poster boy: Smoke crack and not lose an ounce

More.....http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/06/06/the-attack-on-rob-ford-is-over-the-top/

Who'd have thought Barbara Amiel would come down on the side of an entitled rich guy being persecuted for acts of hubris, deceit, and corruption?

Chris Farley, nuff said. Besides, I didn't know Barbara is an expert in addiction and the physical effects thereof - someone really should tell her the logical fallacy of "you have never seen" = "there are none".

AoD
The same logic that she uses to say that fat guys can't be crack addicts leads me to believe that because she's skinny she must be one.

OSS:

Not quite. Her statement state that being fat (A) prevents one from being included in the category crack addict (B) - if A then not B; it does not speak to being not A (ie. not fat; "thin") automatically translates into B (i.e. crack addict).

AoD

I assume a fan of DJ Godfather and DJ Assault also? .... based on your name

Do you frequent Detroit much? I've probably spent the most time there outside of Toronto mainly for the music. I'm a giant fan of many artists from the D - Dixon, Craig, Mills, Dilla, Omar, Black Milk, Drexciya etc, etc Missed movement this year, but planning to hit the Jazz Fest at the end of the summer with the wife.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford's weight problem is just from drinking too much. It's surprisingly easy to take in 1000 calories or more from a night of drinking, plus a lot of carbs if you're drinking beer. If you are doing that every night, or even just 4 nights a week, the weight will pile on really fast.

While I'm sure this is a contributing factor, I highly doubt his diet is any good either. In the past few months, his main associations with food establishments have been KFC, Mandarin, and Baskin Robbins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back