News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be away working in Italy until July 4th. Darn! I'm going to miss the season finale of EtobiCoke - The Rob Ford Story. I'll be tuning in via Twitter but it's not the same as hanging around City Hall while all this is going on.

No! When are you leaving? Worst timing ever...

No! When are you leaving? Worst timing ever...

I know... tell me about it. I missed one of those unique "Toronto moments" when I was in Paris and Jack Layton passed away. I missed the whole NPS chalking and I kick myself often over that. I have a feeling that when the evidence comes to light that Ford has been bold face lying to Toronto this entire time, calls for him to resign are going to reach a fever pitch and we'll have another massive NPS chalking.

I'm leaving on Tuesday. Unfortunately a lot of what I hear is in conversations with people at City Hall so info from me will be sparse, if any. On the other hand, I could use a vacation from Rob Ford. I'm sick of seeing and hearing about him every day. I'll be following along from Positano :cool: Ciao!

I know... tell me about it. I missed one of those unique "Toronto moments" when I was in Paris and Jack Layton passed away. I missed the whole NPS chalking and I kick myself often over that. I have a feeling that when the evidence comes to light that Ford has been bold face lying to Toronto this entire time, calls for him to resign are going to reach a fever pitch and we'll have another massive NPS chalking.

I'm leaving on Tuesday. Unfortunately a lot of what I hear is in conversations with people at City Hall so info from me will be sparse, if any. On the other hand, I could use a vacation from Rob Ford. I'm sick of seeing and hearing about him every day. I'll be following along from Positano :cool: Ciao!

Ahhh i was in Positano right around this time last year!

Just for clarification, the police don't need a warrant to go in a house if they suspect it's involved in a drug ring. But the police really should have been more careful. I hope this man gets justice for what happened to him.

Actually they do need a warrant to enter a house even if they believe a drug ring is operating from it. The only circumstance under which police can enter a home without a warrant is if they believe someone is in imminent danger, i.e. if they heard screams from a house they don't have to get a warrant they can break down the door.

If the cops/crown can turn the Basso's, Ford's done real quick. If they keep quiet, it's gonna take longer.

The only aspect of the actions of rofo/dofo/dapri (david price) that strikes me as a probable candidate for the cops' desiring to "turn the bassos" as witnesses, in the circumstances, is what might rofo/dofo/dapri might have done to try to recover the video. To me, that's the elephant in the room in discussions among "serious people" in the media/pundits/politicians about what "this whole thing" actually is and means. If "that" has happened and there's wiretap evidence, the video itself is a big "who cares".

Oh dude, travelling to Italy and Paris on someone else's dime takes infinitely more precedence than feeding us dirt! Don't get me wrong, I'll go through a little withdrawal without someone feeding us reliable gossip (I'm such a sucker for it), but Italy > being in the middle of this shit show...no matter how entertaining.

This may be a re-post but the Ford Twits want to sell Metro Hall? ( http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/06/11/rob_ford_pushes_selling_metro_hall.html ).
In Robbie's finite vision, the city could “find a cheaper building to put these employees in, less expensive.â€
Care to provide more insight Mr Ford?

I understand that New York City has municipal buildings in each of its boroughs (IE. Manhattan, Staten Island, etc.) still being used. Couldn't Toronto continue to do the same? For example, put all of the TTC's offices into one larger building such as Metro Hall?

MM, I'll have you know that I know an emboldened, gun toting diplomat who will physically remove you from that plane and re-install you as our man in the know. :rolleyes:

But seriously, have fun in Italy. It's nice to get away. I went there a few years ago and had a blast. You should do the same. Us that the Rob Ford story will eagerly be waiting your return. :)

The Toronto Star says that 15 Windsor Road was not raided today, completely opposite to what the CBC reports. There were definitely raids in Windsor, though.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...nto_raids_targeting_gangs_guns_and_drugs.html
Not included in Thursday’s raids was a home on Windsor Rd. near the Dixon apartment complex, a suspected crack house where the photograph was taken. It does not appear that any of the four residents of that home, Elena Johnson and Fabio, Lina and Mario Basso, were arrested.
^is it just me, or does anyone else read that Star quote and say "I guess the Bassos have become crown witnesses"? I would further venture to guess that some of those arrested today might think about doing the same.

Last edited:
MM, I'll have you know that I know an emboldened, gun toting diplomat who will physically remove you from that plane and re-install you as our man in the know. :rolleyes:

Brian Laroux (@larouxb)? :rolleyes:

But seriously, have fun in Italy. It's nice to get away. I went there a few years ago and had a blast. You should do the same. Us that the Rob Ford story will eagerly be waiting your return. :)

Thanks, I'm sure there will be a lot still going on. It's going take a huge twist for Ford to be embroiled in such legal trouble that he's removed as Mayor in 3 weeks.

We will know tomorrow when the names of those arrested are released. I just find it strange that the CBC is the only outlet claiming 15 Windsor Rd. was raided and it is not even in the headline of the story despite the fact that if true - the raid on 15 Windsor would certainly be the most significant of all the raids.

The Toronto Star says that 15 Windsor Road was not raided today, completely opposite to what the CBC reports. There were definitely raids in Windsor, though.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...nto_raids_targeting_gangs_guns_and_drugs.html

CP24 and CTV news also reported 15 Windsor Rd. as being part of the raid this morning, I'm pretty sure I saw a news report in front of the house (but I could be wrong, so much happening today).

This thread is insane. I don't think anybody has posted this Star editorial yet:

Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair’s silence on Mayor Rob Ford speaks volumes: Editorial

Even before the chief finished his news conference, CTV News, citing “a highly placed source,” reported that police were investigating video footage, allegedly showing Ford smoking crack, weeks before existence of such a video was revealed by the Star and the Gawker website. Project Traveller wiretaps reportedly caught “persons of interest” discussing the cellphone video and the mayor’s depiction in it.

That gives rise to another question: Why would people under secret police surveillance talk about a video among themselves if — as Ford keeps insisting — no such video exists?

In responding to the raids and Blair’s statements, Ford again declined to comment on the video, at one point angrily chiding reporters for failing to get his refusal through their “thick skulls.”

Oblivious to the irony of his statement, should the video eventually emerge, Ford thanked officers “for doing a great job. This is why I support the police often and always . . . that’s what you call good police work.”

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/edit..._mayor_rob_ford_speaks_volumes_editorial.html

Even before the chief finished his news conference, CTV News, citing “a highly placed source,” reported that police were investigating video footage, allegedly showing Ford smoking crack, weeks before existence of such a video was revealed by the Star and the Gawker website

BBM: From this sentence it sounds as if the police actually have video footage which is not what was implied by the CTV report. CTV reported police were investigating the existence of a video presumably after hearing it being discussed on wire-taps. Sloppy writing by the Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back