News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course then Ford will throw Blair under the bus and label him apart of the "Lefty Conspiracy" against him, then Sue-Ann Levy will write up a scathing article on Blair continuing to fuel the fire that burns in Ford Nation.

Rinse and Repeat.

For sure, but Blair won't wage war against the Mayor unless he knows there's enough evidence to charge him with a serious crime. There may be corruption in our police force, and Blair may have more in common with a self-serving politician than a cop, but no one can claim that Blair is dumb.

JoeParez:

What's he going to do, threaten to unleash Fraud Nation on the right of centre councillors who didn't vote with him (because it's like he got a prayer of hope doing the same in downtown wards) in 2014? Perhaps he should try firing Blair now like he did with Gary Webster! Hahaha! The more he bluster, the more impotent he looks.

AoD

This story writes itself!

Bill Blair was on Metro Morning dancing around the issue

You can listen to this here: http://www.cbc.ca/metromorning/episodes/2013/06/14/why-yesterday/

It's sort of interesting to listen to, but Blair can't really answer any of Matt Galloway's questions. There's a lot of reading (or listening) between the lines in this one. Unfortunately, that just creates more hearsay and rumours

The most telling line to me was Blair saying, "in the sake of public interest, the evidence will come out" in regards to what the police confiscated yesterday.

This is good for a morning laugh.

ScreenCap.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenCap.jpg
    ScreenCap.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 531
sarnya:

Not his first. The one that rankles me the MOST is him talking about how great the current Union Station revitalization is - a project he voted against as councillor.

Should have gone #hypocrite.

AoD

There must have been some negative feedback on those emails that were sent out last week. People must have asked how they got on the mailing list. This doesn't answer that other than to say that you are on a list.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE*

This email is to notify you that you are on a list to receive a weekly update from the Office of Mayor Rob Ford on issues of municipal significance and to promote public invovement in the City of Toronto's activities.

If you wish to be removed from this list, please respond to this email and type "remove" in the body of your email. Or, click "Safe Unsubscribe" at the bottom of this email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Office of Mayor Rob Ford

Well, call the mayor up - I believe he is big on answering phone calls personally :) I am sure one can find his home number with a bit of searching. Wouldn't call him at the office though, because he is a very, very busy man.

Come to think of it, it's probably something that could be referred to the Privacy Commissioner. Not that his worship has anytime time for that (i.e. rules), since he learned everything he needs to know from his father - except when it comes to his own "privacy", that is.

AoD

Last edited:
There must have been some negative feedback on those emails that were sent out last week. People must have asked how they got on the mailing list. This doesn't answer that other than to say that you are on a list.

I did the safe unsubscribe yesterday but I also clicked "report spam" in Gmail when I got the first email. It was spam!

Looks like the mayor's new staff don't know how to run a spell checker.

Looks like the mayor's new staff don't know how to run a spell checker.

Spell checks are lefty nanny government stuff, we can't have that gravy. ;)

I was thinking about Dougie's assertions yesterday that Rob returns all the calls he gets, and that he receives 800 calls a day.

If each return call was ~1.5 minutes then it would take ~20 hours to return one days calls.

(moment of boredom)

Last edited:
Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty from my experience and that of my friends that he does not return all phone calls, unless he counts putting your number on a robocall list.

Edit: But then again, we know that with Ford math 800 could equal 8 in the real world.

Last edited:
What MetroMan mentioned the other day is now sort of news in The Star...

...we'll have the major candidate assembled by the progressive machine to oust Ford -- Team Laschinger. If Olivia wants to run, it's likely hers for the taking but I'm hearing that there's a search outside city hall for a well liked charismatic public figure with no political baggage to take on this role if Olivia decides to keep her MP job (doubt it, she will almost certainly run from what I've heard).

Olivia Chow’s unofficial campaign for Toronto mayor in 2014

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight...icial_campaign_for_toronto_mayor_in_2014.html

The hottest rumour is that she has asked veteran consultant John Laschinger, who ran successful races for Brian Mulroney and David Miller, among others, to manage her campaign.

“It’s common knowledge,” says one experienced political insider. “I’ve heard it from many people and you know John likes to get involved early.”

“There’s no candidate, no campaign and no campaign manager,” Laschinger said when reached by the Star recently.

Then he added: “I’m sure that I’m going to be involved one way or another in the campaign, and I think that she’s a good candidate.” Asked if he’s been approached in any way by Chow or her people, Laschinger said: “No comment.”

I've heard from a friend who's a senior staffer to a Liberal cabinet minister that there's signs of Chow starting a campaign team. All the test polls have to be coming from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back