News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP24 and CTV news also reported 15 Windsor Rd. as being part of the raid this morning, I'm pretty sure I saw a news report in front of the house (but I could be wrong, so much happening today).

Another interesting quote from CBC I'm not sure I've seen elsewhere:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/06/13/toronto-police-raids.html

Two of the men pictured with Ford were arrested Thursday in a series of pre-dawn raids targeting guns and gangs in the city's west end.

We know who one of them's dead, we know another is Mohammad Khattak. So, who is the third? I'd bet dollars to cracknuts that it's the seller of the video (the same one that The Star and Gawker met). Surely Robyn Doolittle and Kevin Donavan will be present in court when this person is brought in for arraignment. This is gonna be interesting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/06/13/toronto-police-raids.html

We know who one of them's dead, we know another is Mohammad Khattak. So, who is the third? I'd bet dollars to cracknuts that it's the seller of the video (the same one that The Star and Gawker met). Surely Robyn Doolittle and Kevin Donavan will be present in court when this person is brought in for arraignment. This is gonna be interesting.
Ah but is he a "source" in their eyes and did they promise him anonymity? If so, it would be unethical for them to confirm him without his permission.

Ah but is he a "source" in their eyes and did they promise him anonymity? If so, it would be unethical for them to confirm him without his permission.

Very good point. In this case, we'll just have to hope Gawker doesn't have the same scruples The Star does. Let's see.

We know who one of them's dead, we know another is Mohammad Khattak. So, who is the third?

I'm pretty sure the third is one of the two often blurred out when the photo is shown (sometimes two of the three young men are blurred, sometimes one and rarely, none). So that third person who is pictured in the Ford photo on the far right was arrested and as of 6pm he was awaiting a bail hearing, a court sketch was shown of him on the news. I don't recall any reference today of him and any alleged recording, but there's been so much information flowing out today.

I'm pretty sure the third is one of the two often blurred out when the photo is shown (sometimes two of the three young men are blurred, sometimes one and rarely, none). So that third person who is pictured in the Ford photo on the far right was arrested and as of 6pm he was awaiting a bail hearing, a court sketch was shown of him on the news. I don't recall any reference today of him and any alleged recording, but there's been so much information flowing out today.

In fact, I've yet to see a version of the photo with none of the three blurred out. the guy on the right which you allude to its Mohammed Khattak. But who's the guy in the middle (other than Ford). Have we seen his face previously? Apparently, he too was arrested as part of this sweep. That's the guy I'm banking on. Guessing he may have been arrested in Windsor since gawker reported that's where the dealer had been hiding out.

EDIT: At the risk of answering my own question, the G&M has identified the third guy as follows:

Another man arrested in the raids who also appeared in the photo is Monir Kasim, according to a source with knowledge of the people in the photograph.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/police-learned-of-alleged-rob-ford-crack-video-during-year-long-gang-probe/article12548178/

This guy? https://myspace.com/monir16

In any case, he's not Somali. Google searches would suggest similar names are Indian or Arabic. So.... I'm guessing the actual dealers were likely smart enough not to pose for photos. Dang. Back to square one.

Last edited:
I'm leaving (for Italy) on Tuesday.

What? No way! Are you on the Air Transat flight to Rome that departs at 8:50pm? Because I'll be on the same one heading to Bologna after it lands in Rome. :cool:

I'm not sure what to read into it but I find it interesting that Blair is actually doing media interviews. A press conference statement would be all that is required, no?

Yeah... My guess is that he doesn't mind the speculation all of this is causing but needs to remain an impartial person in all this, in line with his duties and the legal obligations there of. At the same time, very likely with his tacit support or at least knowledge, leaks will begin to spring. They already have. This can't stay contained until the trials. No way.

Yeah... My guess is that he doesn't mind the speculation all of this is causing but needs to remain an impartial person in all this, in line with his duties and the legal obligations there of. At the same time, very likely with his tacit support or at least knowledge, leaks will begin to spring. They already have. This can't stay contained until the trials. No way.

He wants his contract extended for another five years, so he's going to want to come out looking like a hero in all this. If he has incriminating information on Ford that he knows is going to come out then I can see him wanting to steer things in a direction that make it look like he and the police were the ones to expose, and save the city, from the corrupt mayor.

He wants his contract extended for another five years, so he's going to want to come out looking like a hero in all this. If he has incriminating information on Ford that he knows is going to come out then I can see him wanting to steer things in a direction that make it look like he and the police were the ones to expose, and save the city, from the corrupt mayor.

Of course then Ford will throw Blair under the bus and label him apart of the "Lefty Conspiracy" against him, then Sue-Ann Levy will write up a scathing article on Blair continuing to fuel the fire that burns in Ford Nation.

Rinse and Repeat.

Of course then Ford will throw Blair under the bus and label him apart of the "Lefty Conspiracy" against him, then Sue-Ann Levy will write up a scathing article on Blair continuing to fuel the fire that burns in Ford Nation.

Rinse and Repeat.

Could happen but my view is that Blair holds all the cards here. Things will leak. They're leaking already. How quickly and what leaks out is up to Blair. If Ford puts pressure on him, Blair has plenty of levers to pull.

JoeParez:

I am not sure what in the way of leverage Ford has over Blair though, considering the former can hardly even get anything through council. What's he going to do, threaten to unleash Fraud Nation on the right of centre councillors who didn't vote with him (because it's like he got a prayer of hope doing the same in downtown wards) in 2014? Perhaps he should try firing Blair now like he did with Gary Webster! Hahaha! The more he bluster, the more impotent he looks.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back