News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad he'll get re-elected, maybe you can lead this revolution too kill and drown people like myself who fully support and voted for the mayor?
Holy crap -- hyperbolic whining much?

And you wonder why people here don't take you seriously...

By the way, all the polls to date say he won't be re-elected.

Tulse:

To be fair, he was responding to vox's comments, which is also a tad extreme. As to him being re-elected - we shall see, but rest assured, he has already failed at the task of being a mayor that brings people together. If being a titular mayor floats your boat...

AoD

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of lobbing around labels such as 'racist' or 'homophobe' etc. At best it is childish name-calling, at worst it devolves into a sort of witch-hunt murkiness where labels are used as weapons. Unfortunately there are some on this forum who are a little too eager to wield these weapons (I hope this doesn't brand me as a contrarian troll!)...

Rob Ford's record on gay issues/Pride etc is itself worthy enough of attack here, which is fair game! Is he truly a homophobe? Who knows?? I suspect it is more an issue of petulant ignorance, which seems to drive most of his policies. Like a spoiled child, he wants to go to his cottage for the long weekend and doesn't see why he shouldn't... so there!

Unfortunately ignorance isn't an excuse for homophobia. Just like it isn't for racism.

On hearing that TTC CEO Andy Byford wants to add an additional order of 60 low-floor streetcars from Bombardier. See this link.
171431113_zpscb8c5103.gif~original

"Must.. fire... Byford... must... fire... Byford... must... fire... Byford..."

About that... I am hoping that Byford is successful in closing King street to vehicles, making it a streetcar only corridor. That would be the ultimate irony ;)

Someone on reddit wrote this today in regards to the radio story: Interesting. If anyone follows The Grid's comment section (particularly on Keenan's articles), there's a supertroll named Dave from Scarborough/Etobicoke who posts regularly on there. What he lacks in connection to reality he's always made up for in volume of posts, sometimes dozens per article, blindly following the Ford doctrine. Amazing that the mayor's staff has time to deal with this stuff. Amazing if it were any other mayor that is.

So Ford has resorted to astroturfing.

A whole new low.

Does anyone have any experience with FOI requests? Would it be possible to use that protocol to determine Dave Price's job description and salary?

James D:

Even if you did, I am more interested in the stuff between his worship and Price that you *can't* find through FOI requests (i.e. that loyalty bit)

AoD

Faking ID for a Ford Nation radio supporter: $10
Buying crack for a friend: $100
Knowing that you made the mayor smile: priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back