News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That place makes me sick. Nothing would make me happier than seeing it closed with the owner dragged to prison for a very long time.
I must agree! I would be extremely happy to see those animals rehabilitated and released back in the wild where they belong. I also want to see John Holer, the owner of MarineLand, have most of his possessions and wealth seized, charged with umpteen counts of animal cruelty (with some being for animal cruelty causing death), as well as a few counts of perjury, assault, and obstruction of justice, and stay in prison for the rest of his life, so that he would feel how the animals felt in his animal prison. He and his family should be banned from owning exotic animals (and even pets) as well. Oh, and MarineLand should be renovated to a general theme park to compete with Canada's Wonderland, Darien Lake, and Cedar Point (none of those three parks currently have live animal shows or even exotic animals) with a new name and a new owner (even Six Flags would do a better job than Holer).

Last edited:
As I suspected, Ford's equipment wasn't worth nearly as much as he claimed, AND it is being replaced with even cheaper equipment.

Oh Toronto Sun...

As I suspected, Ford's equipment wasn't worth nearly as much as he claimed, AND it is being replaced with even cheaper equipment.

Oh Toronto Sun...

Funny that even the Toronto Sun states "taxpayer-funded staff" were there to help load the equipment - I feel like even the Sun isn't really on his side any more, with the exception of Joe Warmington.

Doug Ford was quick to criticize Jaye Robinson for missing a meeting and yet he's gone MIA lately. Where is he? He's not at today's Etobicoke community meeting, he wasn't at a committee meeting yesterday nor the budget meeting last week. Come out, come out, wherever you are...

Doug Ford was quick to criticize Jaye Robinson for missing a meeting and yet he's gone MIA lately. Where is he? He's not at today's Etobicoke community meeting, he wasn't at a committee meeting yesterday nor the budget meeting last week. Come out, come out, wherever you are...
I wouldn't be sad if he never showed up again

^^ I have news for you, even if the crack video materializes, it won't change a damned thing. People are already entrenched in their views and that video will not change many of Ford Nation's minds. I don't see it as the big deal breaker, other people do. Ford Nation will chug along as if nothing happened. The mix of candidates will make a much bigger impact on whether Ford remains, after the next election. If enough candidates split the vote, we are stuck with "Crack-head Rob".

Why am I getting a feeling that the crack video story is done with and Ford will survive?
I'm kind of curious about this too. Wasn't the OPC hearing supposed to reveal what evidence the newspapers had, in order to verify the facts as presented in the articles that the complaints were based upon?

I'm kind of curious about this too. Wasn't the OPC hearing supposed to reveal what evidence the newspapers had, in order to verify the facts as presented in the articles that the complaints were based upon?

Nope... (from what I understand) It was never meant to concern itself with the accuracy of the reporting... only the ethics of how it was reported and whether accepted journalistic practices were followed.

Last edited:
Nope... (from what I understand) It was never meant to concern itself with the accuracy of the reporting... only the ethics of how it was reported and whether accepted journalistic practices were followed.

The only thing surrounding the hearing that has any importance is what validity the Fords give it, and since they (to my present knowledge) have decided to be indifferent to the event speaks volumes.

I wonder if anyone here has a footprint for the "Rob Ford Football Foundation" existing other that the Toronto Community Foundation?

Last edited:
The only thing surrounding the hearing that has any importance is what validity the Fords give it, and since they (to my present knowledge) have decided to be indifferent to the event speaks volumes.

Well if the metric by which we measure the importance of things is "Is Rob Ford present?" then I guess Football practice is far more important than meetings at City Hall, right?

I wonder if anyone here has a footprint for the "Rob Ford Football Foundation" existing other that the Toronto Community Foundation?

There is no RFFF. There are no legal documents, officers, charitable registration numbers, trust numbers, expense reporting or other elements of what one would consider to be an actual entity. It appears to exist solely as a sub-ledger account of the Toronto Community Foundation. Donations are made to the TCF with spending controlled by Ford. Part of the mission of the TCF is to offload the paperwork and governance from micro-charities, so that's not really an issue. One assumes that TCF policies and procedures have been followed (anyone know if TCF is FOI-able?). However, it does give Ford latitude to make up whatever shit he wants to about the 'foundation' and avoid public scrutiny.

Mayor Ford asked judge to free drug dealer

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/10/mayor-rob-ford-asked-judge-to-free-drug-dealer

Mayor Rob Ford urged a judge to free a convicted drug dealer who had threatened to kill the mayor after bursting into his home, the Toronto Sun has learned.

The mayor and his sister Kathy Ford "are generous and forgiving in not wanting (her ex-boyfriend) Scott MacIntyre to go to jail," stated Justice Paul French at the sentencing hearing on June 12, 2012.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. I most be the only person on this forum that reads the SUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back